Top 5 Rough Areas

Guest Calderwood PTFC

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Spanky Rodriguez

I was in the City Centre last month on the way back from Forfar and it had some decent pubs and overall looked a great place for a night out, i was in a pub across from the Overgate Centre ( Trades i think) it was a good night.

Dundee is a good night out actually and despite it's reputation you'll see very little trouble. However if saturday night fighting is your thing then i would recommend Aberdeen. You would be safer going for a shandy in Kabul

And where does it say the roughest in Glasgow :huh:

You listed them in order and that was number 1 so I was led to believe that you had listed it as "the roughest area" in Glasgow.

You listed them in order and that was number 1 so I was led to believe that you had listed it as "the roughest area" in Glasgow.

Trust me Bridgeton is rough as f**k, i was brought up there and even i would'nt walk down there, not even in daylight and i know everyone :lol::lol:

Pilton is on the up.

I lived in student halls in Whitfield in the early 80's. That was scarey.

I went to Whitfield Primary in 1988/89 :ph34r: I had to pass through the scummy flats (long sicne demolished) from the new builds in Whitehazel Park to get to school that was scary!

I don't think I could objectively rate the roughest parts of Scotland now.

I mean, Bridgeton's (Glasgow) been mentioned and my mate had a cracking flat there and never had any bother. We occcasionally went into the pub across the road (a real Rangers place) and my mate still has the newspaper cutting about they boy that was shot in that pub.

I ended up at a fantastic house party in Muirhouse (Edinburgh) - we walked there from my mate's gran's in Granton on a Saturday night and never saw a soul about yet people would like you to believe the the area is like Night of the Living Ned.

I was born and spent the first years of my life in Templehall (Kdy) which is classed as rough but I've walked through the "rough" areas and never had hassle. Rightly or wrongly, my gran refuses to go to the shops or to the council offices by herself mind.

I guess I'm trying to say that places might be "rough" but it doesn't necessarily mean they are to avoided at all costs.

As for Menstrie being mentioned... :lol::lol::lol: My Great Aunt and Uncle live there - both very proper, retired teachers and I think that pretty much sums up that village.

Archived