New Users Please Read !

Div

I said iam originally from kirkcaldy....get it right...i stay less than 10 minutes from ibrox stadium and have done so for 30 years!!! i have had a season ticket since 1981(pre souness glory hunter days)...whilst living in kirkcaldy...up to the age of 10 i attended starks park every 2nd week and my old man occasionally took me to see rangers if they were playing on the east coast...depending how the fixtures worked out as he was a die hard raith man..although the rest of his family supported hibs,never could figure that 1 out. His side of the family were always a little strange.

I actually agree with some of what you are saying...i have sat in Ibrox with 5,000 people...i remember the days when no games all season...including old firm were all ticket...bang Souness arrives and every man and his dog is suddenly a Rangers fan!! Supporters like myself who went through the bad days suddenly are struggling to get tickets for every away match!!! To make it worse the new arrivals actually had the barefaced cheek to slag us of...some said if we hadnt kept going change would have happend earlier...these are the glory hunters and Ibrox is now full of them as is Breizeblockboulevard!!!! This doesnt change the fact though that Scottish football has big problems from top to bottom and something has to give...I have my own ideas on somethings and iam just wondering if you are happy with the status quo.

i have had a season ticket since 1981 whilst living in kirkcaldy...

Why?

my old man...was a die hard raith man.

So may I ask why you saw the need to support Rangers?

Scottish football has big problems from top to bottom and something has to give

Hmm, I wonder which clubs are to blame. Maybe if someone had the monopoly on success and TV money, and a stranglehold over most commuinities, and a lecherous, f**k 'em all nature then we could use them as a scapegoat....no such clubs on these shores though :)

....I have my own ideas on somethings and iam just wondering if you are happy with the status quo.

Of course I'm not! However there's little chance of anything happening under the current governing bodies (all 4 of them!!!!)

I reckon that there's too many arguments as to what the structure should be like, but I would prefer an 18 team SPL and 3 10 team lower divisions, with a pyramid scheme introduced so that teams from the Highland League and other Junior associations have the chance to play in the SFL, thus ending the ridiculous preservation of the team who finish bottom of Division Three, ie probably East Stirling :lol:

Anyway, this is the Welcome forum, there's a few topics on restructuring if you want to search them ;)

i have lived over here since 1978 and got my 1st season ticket in 1981. Why did i choose rangers? Well during the 70s when i was being taken to Starks Park everybody seemed to be a Raith+Rangers supporter and they always cheered rangers results and booed when the **** were winning so i always liked them both(raith and rangers..never that unclean mob!!!) and moving over here at the age of 10 ruled out following Rovers although if they are playing anywhere nearby i will go along as i used to go to Love street as well...anyway i will try and find these other threads... I am just getting used to the site..but everyone has been so nice and welcoming i must stick around :lol:

Hmm, I wonder which clubs are to blame. Maybe if someone had the monopoly on success and TV money, and a stranglehold over most commuinities, and a lecherous, f**k 'em all nature then we could use them as a scapegoat....no such clubs on these shores though :)

I think you will find that tv companies insist the OF play 4 times a season...and the clubs who are to blame in the spl are the also rans...who dont want to give up the chance of the OF visiting 4 times a season..personally i would like a 16 team top division playing each other home and away...and 2 lower divisions of 10...that gives you 36 clubs...obviously nobody wants clubs going out of existence , amalgamation would be preferable....but there is NO WAY i would dare tell you who i would have away with on this forum :lol: that would be suicide i think :lol:

personally i would like a 16 team top division playing each other home and away

32 games a season? :(

*BTW, I deduced that figure by multiplying 16 by 2* ;)

amalgamation would be preferable

:lol: :lol:

Trying not to slur you personally here, but you're making it hard :lol:

Sadly, more evidence that the average OF fan has completely lost touch of the game :(

32 games a season? :(

*BTW, I deduced that figure by multiplying 16 by 2* ;)

:lol::lol:

Trying not to slur you personally here, but you're making it hard :lol:

Sadly, more evidence that the average OF fan has completely lost touch of the game :(

I was actually working on the basis that you didnt play yourself making it 15 by 2 = 30...dont worry easy mistake to make :rolleyes:

What point would that be? The point is we both agree that the spl should be enlarged. The amount of 'professional' clubs should be slightly reduced. 4 leagues should become 3 and there should be a pyramid system in place...although knowing alot of junior football people they have no interest whatsoever of moving into the leagues!!!

The disagreement is?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...