What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

There's a Bertolt Brecht play on Radio 3 which is currently grabbing my attention.

Mr Puntilla And His Man Matti, I believe.

I was just about to ask what it was.

My one experience of Brecht was a two week period at school when all we did in our English class was read Mouther Courage and her Children out loud. :blink:

I was just about to ask what it was.

My one experience of Brecht was a two week period at school when all we did in our English class was read Mouther Courage and her Children out loud. :blink:

Sounds like a good English class. What did you make of it?

Sounds like a good English class. What did you make of it?

I think I quite enjoyed it (it was about 10 yrs ago!). I may be talking pish as my memory of it is poor but I do generally like things with strong central female characters

However, I'm generally not a fan of studying drama as it is on a page. It needs to be seen on stage, or even just performed by people with a feel for a part and not just read out aloud by some 16 yr olds dying to get away for the summer.

I think I quite enjoyed it (it was about 10 yrs ago!). I may be talking pish as my memory of it is poor but I do generally like things with strong central female characters

However, I'm generally not a fan of studying drama as it is on a page. It needs to be seen on stage, or even just performed by people with a feel for a part and not just read out aloud by some 16 yr olds dying to get away for the summer.

I also did Mother Courage in school.

It was part of the drama section of our English course. We also did Waiting for Godot, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead and Equus.

I thoroughly enjoyed them all. :D

I also did Mother Courage in school.

It was part of the drama section of our English course. We also did Waiting for Godot, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead and Equus.

I thoroughly enjoyed them all. :D

I did Waiting for Godot at university.

The drama choices on my CSYS English course were rather limited. After brushing over Mother Courage before the summer break they made us spend an awful long time on Shakespeare's Coriolanus.

I did do an independent study of Streetcar named Desire, Cat on a hot tin roof and the Glass Menagerie, all of which I thought were superb.