What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

On 30/08/2018 at 02:39, Eednud said:

D’ye ken John Peel? He would have been 79 today. This was was his favourite song.

I can’t tell you how much I used to love listening to John Peel. A gabba record from Holland then a punk record from South America but not just for show it was because it was the best music he had. He was a great loss to radio one and after him and mark and lard went it was all over for me. Radio one used to be essential listening. John Peel. Pete Tong. Fabio and Grooverider. Westwood. All at the top of their game and now we get utter shite but i do still occasionally listen into Annie Mac and Charlie sloth. 

They should run underground shows in their prime time slots again and expose more people to proper music.

I was actually listening to a John peel show tonight and heard this. What a tune and I’ve never heard it before. No matter what genre you liked you always heard a tune that left you ready with a pen and paper ready. Nobody has done this since. Zane Lowe tried to but he came across as a sycophant.

I can’t tell you how much I used to love listening to John Peel. A gabba record from Holland then a punk record from South America but not just for show it was because it was the best music he had. He was a great loss to radio one and after him and mark and lard went it was all over for me. Radio one used to be essential listening. John Peel. Pete Tong. Fabio and Grooverider. Westwood. All at the top of their game and now we get utter shite but i do still occasionally listen into Annie Mac and Charlie sloth. 
They should run underground shows in their prime time slots again and expose more people to proper music.
I was actually listening to a John peel show tonight and heard this. What a tune and I’ve never heard it before. No matter what genre you liked you always heard a tune that left you ready with a pen and paper ready. Nobody has done this since. Zane Lowe tried to but he came across as a sycophant.

What a tune. Thanks!!