Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

15 minutes ago, philpy said:

Won a bid for a jacket on Ebay. Was about to pay for it, (£5) then the seller sent me a message asking if I could pay more because he didn't want to sell it for a fiver.

You're doing better than some. A lot of people wouldn't even entertain sending it to you. Or just not send it. 

If he wanted more money, he should have put a reserve but that costs a wee bit extra to list it so many don't then get pissed off when whatever they're selling fails miserably to get anywhere near what they think it's worth.  Usually these items get withdrawn pretty sharply before the auction ends. It's a kuntz trick. 

Ebay is littered with kuntz these days. Almost approaching gumtree levels of scummyness where x-boxes and badly decorated Vauxhall Corsa's seem to be some sort of currency these days :lol: 

Mid year appraisal in work today.

My boss doesn't have a clue what I actually do for a living. I could tell him anything and he wouldn't really have any grounds to doubt it. Our appraisal rating isn't worth enough money to make it a huge deal and if I was ripping the piss then I'd be dealt with long before now.

Just do away with the whole appraisal thing. It's bollocks.

My boss doesn't have a clue what I actually do for a living. I could tell him anything and he wouldn't really have any grounds to doubt it. Our appraisal rating isn't worth enough money to make it a huge deal and if I was ripping the piss then I'd be dealt with long before now.

Sounds like he doesn’t have a clue how a calendar works either if he’s giving mid year appraisals in October.

5 years at my current employer. Never had an appraisal. Not long after I started a new role we had to set targets that would be looked at again in 6 months. It never happened.
I’m perfectly fine with this.

Just off night shift, looking forward to a cold beer before bed. Opened the fridge - Nothing. My step son drank them all last night, he'll replace them on Friday. What good will that do me this morning ?

p***k.

If he’s old enough to be drinking your beer, he’s old enough to be fending for himself. Pack his bags and show him the door with a boot up the arse to see him on his way.

Just off night shift, looking forward to a cold beer before bed. Opened the fridge - Nothing. My step son drank them all last night, he'll replace them on Friday. What good will that do me this morning ?

p***k.

I feel genuinely angry on your behalf.

If he’s old enough to be drinking your beer, he’s old enough to be fending for himself. Pack his bags and show him the door with a boot up the arse to see him on his way.

He's 28, the way I'm feeling this morning I'm ready for chopping him up and shoving him through the letterbox.

12 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

I apologise on his behalf for potentially ruining your day. I know how you can be a tad tender of a morning.

At 28 he should still know to respect another mans beer if he's away for a night shift and will want one when he gets in. Its a total lack of basic respect, he no doubt had them when watching the football last night so theres no excuses for him not getting them in for himself.

45 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

p***k.

Word association.

Step-son

Step

Boot

Boot in pie

Then boot out door.

At 28 he should still know to respect another mans beer if he's away for a night shift and will want one when he gets in. Its a total lack of basic respect, he no doubt had them when watching the football last night so theres no excuses for him not getting them in for himself.

Absolutely. His team were pumped last night, so I can take some solace in that.

1 minute ago, Kennboy1978 said:

I am truly shocked that you, of all posters, know what time in the morning you can legally purchase alcohol.

I was actually unsure about the time and thought it was later on Sundays up until a few months ago. Fortunately for me I am always stocked up and don't have any beer thieves that loiter anywhere near my fridge. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I was actually unsure about the time and thought it was later on Sundays up until a few months ago. Fortunately for me I am always stocked up and don't have any beer thieves that loiter anywhere near my fridge. 

For extra security an immovable object aka Mrs Throbber is sat in front of the fridge and only moves for Throbbers secret password.