Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Sorry Shakey, finished 5-1 to Dunfermline. Good run out and win for us though I think.

Aye I know. :(

Aye a good win for you I think.

A pretty strong team it seems, at least going from the list of goalscorers.

From our POV, I can't really see it doing anything positive for us apart from fitness. :( I mean, if we had trialists out, then I can hardly see them impressing much in a game such as this. :(

But hey-ho it's fitness, and a chance for us to try-out different tactics and such like, I suppose...

There are a few that played today that wouldn't necessarily be first choice, but it was still a strong team we had out. Morrison's goal was a beauty by all accounts.

Oh right, cool.

Still, fielding players like Morrison, Hamilton and Crawford just shows the gulf in class. :( And I'd imagine they'd be pretty near first-choice this season for you guys?

Oh right, cool.

Still, fielding players like Morrison, Hamilton and Crawford just shows the gulf in class. :( And I'd imagine they'd be pretty near first-choice this season for you guys?

Hamilton I doubt will be; McIntyre and McManus will be first choice, then we have Burchill and Crawford. Morrison and Crawford will be there or thereabouts, while players like Young, Shields and McGuire who all played today will be first picks.

Hamilton I doubt will be; McIntyre and McManus will be first choice, then we have Burchill and Crawford. Morrison and Crawford will be there or thereabouts, while players like Young, Shields and McGuire who all played today will be first picks.

Fuxake!

That's some collection of forwards you've got there. :o

Dunfermline for the league this season? :)

Aye well, 1st Division first-picks we were always going to be up-against it. Although apprently we weren't too bad, and just clinical finishing was the difference. :(

Fuxake!

That's some collection of forwards you've got there. :o

Dunfermline for the league this season? :)

Aye well, 1st Division first-picks we were always going to be up-against it. Although apprently we weren't too bad, and just clinical finishing was the difference. :(

Aye, we do have a decent forward line- hopefully they'll get going in the new season and fire us to the title. Will be an entertaining season anyway!

And as we've said, friendlies don't really mean much apart from fitness, trying out players and tactics. No point getting too disappointed/excited over them.

Aye, we do have a decent forward line- hopefully they'll get going in the new season and fire us to the title. Will be an entertaining season anyway!

And as we've said, friendlies don't really mean much apart from fitness, trying out players and tactics. No point getting too disappointed/excited over them.

Aye, that's just about right man. It's about fitness and implementing possible tactics for the new season. Although, of course it is always disappointing to be beaten, and especially by that scoreline. :(

But apparently, some of our u-19 players played quite well and look promising so there were positives from the defeat after all. :)

On topic - Call Centres. Fucking waste of money.

In the good old days companies used to focus on the quality of their products and they used the mantra that the customer was always right. The end result was customer loyalty, retention and repeat business.

However in the mid 90's that suddenly became unfashionable and the new model was to have surly staff, crap products and a mantra that no matter how you have ripped off the customer you should never, ever offer a refund. Bosses clearly recognised the fact that having a queue of pissed off people on their premises didn't look too good, and so formulated call centres.

Today we have a situtation where companies spend £billions on their call centres, some employing thousands of people, many of whom live in India and don't speak much English. Unbelievably these employees are give titles like Customer Service Advisor and they are taught that when a customer phones in and gets through having had to sit a loop of pish music for upwards of 30 minutes the best way to deal with him is to be as obnoxious, rude and downright beligerant in an attempt to force the customer to mutter something that might be construed as being remotely rude so that this "Customer Service" twat can hang up on him without ever having to fix the problem.

Thing is the more customers complaints don't get dealt with, the more phone calls come into the centre, and the more people have to be hired, this increasing the amount of money each company spends on "customer service". If only they'd wake up to themselves and start offering proper customer service from the point of delivery perhaps they would notice not only a substancial reduction in their operating costs, but also a large increase in profitability as customers who enjoy the service come back time and time and time again. :angry:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I went downstairs and made my breakfast, no-one else was awake so I had a wee look for something half decent on the telly, found the Two Ronnies, so I turned it on and paused the TV while I made breakfast.

After I had made my breakfast I was just about to sit down and press play when my may comes in talking on the phone to her maw, which meant I had to pause it again. Which not only has an average time of around 4 days, she always gets pissed off at her over the pettiest things.

:angry:

Thing is the more customers complaints don't get dealt with, the more phone calls come into the centre, and the more people have to be hired, this increasing the amount of money each company spends on "customer service". If only they'd wake up to themselves and start offering proper customer service from the point of delivery perhaps they would notice not only a substancial reduction in their operating costs, but also a large increase in profitability as customers who enjoy the service come back time and time and time again. :angry:

But this is the collective fault of us. Time after time we say that we want things as cheap as possible...we want lowest price, spend less, and we always look for the cheapest offer.

Therefore companies have to cut corners to keep their profits up and keep their products cheap. Yet, for all the grumbling, who makes a concerted effort to buy services/products that only use British call centres?

Me personally, I refuse to use insurance that has foreign call centres, and I will quite happily pay a little extra to my company (Endsleigh) because their call centres are British based. If everyone was to make an effort to buy British rather than buy cheap, then companies would see the merit in British call centres.

Next up, the attitude of call centre workers. This comes down to cheapness again. If companies treat their workers like shit (this applies to British and foreign), the callers treat workers like shit, then the workers themselves are gonna have a shit attitude!

The amount of times I hear about people swearing and abusing the person at the end of the line, or then sounding proud of it is an absolute disgrace! They are just there to do a job, and in the case of Indian workers, they are being paid an absolute pittance and recieving inadequate training. It is not their fault. If you have a problem, then you should politely ask for their supervisor, and have a go at someone in charge rather than the poor folks on the end of the phone.

Again, if people were willing to pay more for quality, then the staff would be better trained, better paid, and have a better attitude.

Its all very fashionable to blame companies for this, but really, were just as much to blame.

In the good old days companies used to focus on the quality of their products and they used the mantra that the customer was always right. The end result was customer loyalty, retention and repeat business.

However in the mid 90's that suddenly became unfashionable and the new model was to have surly staff, crap products and a mantra that no matter how you have ripped off the customer you should never, ever offer a refund. Bosses clearly recognised the fact that having a queue of pissed off people on their premises didn't look too good, and so formulated call centres.

Today we have a situtation where companies spend £billions on their call centres, some employing thousands of people, many of whom live in India and don't speak much English. Unbelievably these employees are give titles like Customer Service Advisor and they are taught that when a customer phones in and gets through having had to sit a loop of pish music for upwards of 30 minutes the best way to deal with him is to be as obnoxious, rude and downright beligerant in an attempt to force the customer to mutter something that might be construed as being remotely rude so that this "Customer Service" twat can hang up on him without ever having to fix the problem.

I can just see the scenario now :

ring ring, Vivaldi's four seasons, etc, stuart eventually gets an answer :

Call centre : "Hello, you are through to the St Mirren Season ticket hotline"

SD :"Ah, at last, I've been waiting here for 17.4 seconds. about bloody time. This is stuart dickso"

Call Centre "Click, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...................."

SD :"Ah, at last, I've been waiting here for 17.4 seconds. about bloody time. This is stuart dickso"

LOL :lol::lol::lol: I enjoyed that.

But this is the collective fault of us. Time after time we say that we want things as cheap as possible...we want lowest price, spend less, and we always look for the cheapest offer.

Therefore companies have to cut corners to keep their profits up and keep their products cheap. Yet, for all the grumbling, who makes a concerted effort to buy services/products that only use British call centres?

Me personally, I refuse to use insurance that has foreign call centres, and I will quite happily pay a little extra to my company (Endsleigh) because their call centres are British based. If everyone was to make an effort to buy British rather than buy cheap, then companies would see the merit in British call centres.

Next up, the attitude of call centre workers. This comes down to cheapness again. If companies treat their workers like shit (this applies to British and foreign), the callers treat workers like shit, then the workers themselves are gonna have a shit attitude!

The amount of times I hear about people swearing and abusing the person at the end of the line, or then sounding proud of it is an absolute disgrace! They are just there to do a job, and in the case of Indian workers, they are being paid an absolute pittance and recieving inadequate training. It is not their fault. If you have a problem, then you should politely ask for their supervisor, and have a go at someone in charge rather than the poor folks on the end of the phone.

Again, if people were willing to pay more for quality, then the staff would be better trained, better paid, and have a better attitude.

Its all very fashionable to blame companies for this, but really, were just as much to blame.

Hmm, yes and no. See it isn't cheap for a company to set up a call centre. Start off with a building, equipment, the phone system which will cost upwards of £3m, then there's the management structure and then staff....Before you know it you are now fending off complaints about the call centre as well as complaints about the product so you now need a second call centre and so it goes on.

If they just trained staff at the point of sale to deliver great customer service and supplied a quality product they would find that their costs would dramatically decrease.

I've got to agree with you though about people needing to think about where they do their shopping, and refusing to deal with companies who employ poor quality Indian call centre staff. Unfortunately not many people seem willing to spend time looking at the review sites before they make their purchase.

Nah, it would be more like 'Hello Mr Gilmour, its Stupid Arse from Lanarkshire here, listen I've got a ridiculous hare-brained money making scheme, why do you keep spurning me at all turns....................

If they just trained staff at the point of sale to deliver great customer service and supplied a quality product they would find that their costs would dramatically decrease.

Genius! You've single-handedly rendered the concept of after-support, telephone banking, technical assistance and repeat orders obsolete!

:wacko:

Genius! You've single-handedly rendered the concept of after-support, telephone banking, technical assistance and repeat orders obsolete!

:wacko:

I'd love to see call centre's obsolete. Swampy you may not be old enough to know this but 20 years ago when you wanted to phone the bank you called your local branch and spoke to a person you'd know and who would know you. Charges were applied at the local branch, and if you were a decent customer charges would be waived by staff who looked after their customers. Even things like bank loans and credit scoring was done by the local branch manager who used his experience, knowledge and judgement to make a decision instead of being told by a pre programmed computer what has decision should be.

Call centres were supposed to be a way of saving the banks money as they could now close branches and use ATM's yet I doubt many could argue now that call centres were actually cheaper than running those branches and they've got far more pissed off customers today than they have ever had.

Call centres should have become obsolete with the advent and popularity of the internet....sadly the scourge that is call centres with their massive security black holes and their rank rotten customer service is still with us.

BTW....people used to do repeat orders all the time. They would return back time and time again to their point of purchase having built up solid customer relationships with local staff....now repeat business has to be pursued because customers are usually so pissed off with how their purchase and after sales service went that they need to be convinced to make a repeat purchase in the future. :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

We've all done it. As long as it wasn't on yourself, I wouldn't worry too much. :lol:

Only a wee bit on my trainers...

He then made me feel much better by telling me 'God, you look terrible' :(

Naw, really?