Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

go home, get pished. Then laugh in the knowledge that other postgrads are stuck in their office with malfunctioning circuits to try and fix.....

I actually can't, my experiments have gone horribly wrong and produced really duff results, so I am having to do a whole lot of follow up experiments to try and diagnose what the f**k is going on. I do not have time for this pish! :(

Driving in Glasgow. Its fucking horrendous, especailly during rush hour.

It would seem that most folk in the town don't know why roundabouts are used and what the procedure is for using them. Its particularly annoying when p***ks narrowly miss smacking into you then try to race you :blink:

I really am glad I work shifts and don't work in Glasgow.

Driving in Glasgow. Its fucking horrendous, especailly during rush hour.

It would seem that most folk in the town don't know why roundabouts are used and what the procedure is for using them. Its particularly annoying when p***ks narrowly miss smacking into you then try to race you :blink:

I really am glad I work shifts and don't work in Glasgow.

I deliver in the city centre every day

I actually find Glasgow great for driving in - admittedly I don't do it very often and rarely at rush hour. I think it's so easy to find where you're going though - compared to Aberdeen and Edinburgh, it's brilliant.

Guest The Phoenix
You haven't been to Edinburgh recently, then?

I'll grant you certain parts are screwed by the tramworks but there are lots of different ways to tackle getting into the centre of Edinburgh and that alone means you can vary which traffic jam you visit.

Guest The Phoenix
Believe me, Glasgow is far easier to get around than Edinburgh or Aberdeen.

Don't you start behaving like Stewarty. :rolleyes:;)

I've agreed with you apart from the rush hours.

Glasgow is undoubtedly, during the rush hours, the worst place in Scotland to drive.

At all other times it is pretty mighty fine.

I work in the postcode area G2 which takes from Sauchiehall St down to Argyle St and from the M8 to George SQ.The main bottle neck is trying to throught to George Sq from West George St.

I take it you are talking about the tramworks?

I was taking my son to a gig before xmas and even though i worked in Edinburgh city for 4 years even i got lost when i got to Haymarket.

It took me an hour and a half to get from the Gyle to Waverley a couple of weeks ago. At 8pm, on a Friday night. :angry:

Guest The Phoenix
My satnav gets lost in Edinburgh.

That's a different argument all together.

Through playing, cricket, hockey, tennis, badminton and squash (and work), I pretty much know my way around all of the major cities / towns in Scotland.

I have Sat Nav in my car and used it once - it tried to take me to the Skye Ferry when I wanted to use the Bridge.