Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
You haven't been to Edinburgh recently, then?

I'll grant you certain parts are screwed by the tramworks but there are lots of different ways to tackle getting into the centre of Edinburgh and that alone means you can vary which traffic jam you visit.

Guest The Phoenix
Believe me, Glasgow is far easier to get around than Edinburgh or Aberdeen.

Don't you start behaving like Stewarty. :rolleyes:;)

I've agreed with you apart from the rush hours.

Glasgow is undoubtedly, during the rush hours, the worst place in Scotland to drive.

At all other times it is pretty mighty fine.

I work in the postcode area G2 which takes from Sauchiehall St down to Argyle St and from the M8 to George SQ.The main bottle neck is trying to throught to George Sq from West George St.

I take it you are talking about the tramworks?

I was taking my son to a gig before xmas and even though i worked in Edinburgh city for 4 years even i got lost when i got to Haymarket.

It took me an hour and a half to get from the Gyle to Waverley a couple of weeks ago. At 8pm, on a Friday night. :angry:

Guest The Phoenix
My satnav gets lost in Edinburgh.

That's a different argument all together.

Through playing, cricket, hockey, tennis, badminton and squash (and work), I pretty much know my way around all of the major cities / towns in Scotland.

I have Sat Nav in my car and used it once - it tried to take me to the Skye Ferry when I wanted to use the Bridge.

When I do know where I'm going, I check maps and plan my journey beforehand. But I'm often already on the road and have to change my plans, so the sat nav is really handy then. It's particularly handy when a road is closed - which seems to happen a lot around here. <_<

Guest The Phoenix
You are my hero!

:lol:

Join the queue. ;)

(It does come across a bit naff but I was trying to make the point that driving around any busy city / town is greatly helped by knowing where you are going and the various ways of getting there.)

When I do know where I'm going, I check maps and plan my journey beforehand. But I'm often already on the road and have to change my plans, so the sat nav is really handy then. It's particularly handy when a road is closed - which seems to happen a lot around here. <_<

Sat navs are very handy for causing accidents. Theres far too many people who just watch their sat nav and not the road. IMO using sat navs is just as bad as using the phone while driving.

Sat navs are very handy for causing accidents. Theres far too many people who just watch their sat nav and not the road. IMO using sat navs is just as bad as using the phone while driving.

If that were actually the case, they'd be illegal.

That's why they give voice instructions...

Have you got any evidence for that? I listen to the voice commands, have a quick glance at it and perform the manoeuvre. Glancing at the satnav is no more dangerous than glancing at your speedo to see how fast you're going.

Have you got any evidence for that? I listen to the voice commands, have a quick glance at it and perform the manoeuvre. Glancing at the satnav is no more dangerous than glancing at your speedo to see how fast you're going.

The thing is, with most folk it isn't just a quick glance. Theres folk who will stare at the thing for literally miles and barely looking at the road.

A friend of mine had his car written off when some idiot ploughed into the back of him while using sat nav. When my mate asked the guy what he was playing at he came out with "I never saw you, I'm lost and was programming my satnav". The police didn't seem to give a f**k <_<

At the end of the day its an unnecessary distraction from the road. Its only a matter of time until there is evidence about the dangers posed.