Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The Gray Ghost needs a haircut! :angry:

Its been nearly 6 months now, and The Gray Ghosts hair is a long, fluffy and cuirly mess, its annoying as hell. The Gray Ghost tried to get it trimmed and dyed, but bottled it because the salon is always full of women, and whenever The Gray Ghost goes to a barbers, its closed. Its so annoying, The Gray Ghost hates is, but hasn't had time to get it sorted out. The Gray Ghost cant work without a hairband because it just gets everywhere. Need a haircut! :(

The Gray Ghost needs a haircut! :angry:

Its been nearly 6 months now, and The Gray Ghosts hair is a long, fluffy and cuirly mess, its annoying as hell. The Gray Ghost tried to get it trimmed and dyed, but bottled it because the salon is always full of women, and whenever The Gray Ghost goes to a barbers, its closed. Its so annoying, The Gray Ghost hates is, but hasn't had time to get it sorted out. The Gray Ghost cant work without a hairband because it just gets everywhere. Need a haircut! :(

I know a man of the spirit world doesn't like venturing outside in hours of daylight, but exactly what time are you trying to go at the barbers at?!

I know a man of the spirit world doesn't like venturing outside in hours of daylight, but exactly what time are you trying to go at the barbers at?!

Weekends and after 6pm. Now The Gray Ghost comes to think about it, The Gray Ghost can see a bit of a problem with this. Why the hell arent barbers open at weekends though? Some of us have to work during the week. :angry:

Weekends and after 6pm. Now The Gray Ghost comes to think about it, The Gray Ghost can see a bit of a problem with this. Why the hell arent barbers open at weekends though? Some of us have to work during the week. :angry:

xbl mate, (er sorry TGG :rolleyes: ), why don't you make a simple investment in one of these...

post-1053-1243553902.jpg

I've got one and haven't had to visit the barbers for nearly five years now and you can give yersel' a trim any time of the day or night you please. :) They're only about £25-ish and, as my previous barber was £5 a shot for a short back and sides, in five haircuts time I was saving money! ;)

I once made the mistake of going to a 'Unisex hair salon' rather than my ususal 'Ye olde cut throat razor barbers' and was subject to 30 minutes of hell.

All 4 of the hairdressers were woman, one of which was a really pretty younger girl. I smiled and said hello to her when I arrived and by chance caught her eye during my haircut (she wasn't cutting my hair). The middle aged woman who was, then spent the next 25 minutes embarassing the both of us by describing how much we both obviously had a thing for each other and was basically trying to broker a date between us. I was cringing throughout and found myself basically running out of th shop after I'd paid at the counter.

xbl mate, (er sorry TGG :rolleyes: ), why don't you make a simple investment in one of these...

post-1053-1243553902.jpg

I've got one and haven't had to visit the barbers for nearly five years now and you can give yersel' a trim any time of the day or night you please. :) They're only about £25-ish and, as my previous barber was £5 a shot for a short back and sides, in five haircuts time I was saving money! ;)

No f'cking chance. The Gray Ghost has gorgeous shoulder length curls normally, and is very proud of his hair. Its fluffy, strokeable, curly, and chicks dig it. Normally (well, last year), The Gray Ghost goes along to the barbers every couple months and just gets a bit trimmed off to get rid of the split ends and even it out. Its got too long and out of control. After a shower, The Gray Ghosts hair is so thick that it sits on his shoulders and fluffy out, making The Gray Ghost look like a cross breed of a sheep and an Egyptan building. It just needs a bit of a trim to get it back under control, not anything crazy like clippers!

I was cringing throughout and found myself basically running out of th shop after I'd paid at the counter.

As said before, The Gray Ghost has been steeling himself to go into his local salon for weeks. The actual dying will probably be alright, its just the bit where The Gray Ghost has to go into a tiny hairdressers and ask a room full of giggling women if he can get green highlights put in. The Gray Ghost has walked by it a few times, but every single time, this place is mobbed! Mobbed The Gray Ghost tells thee! :(

Edited by The Gray Ghost

I once made the mistake of going to a 'Unisex hair salon' rather than my ususal 'Ye olde cut throat razor barbers' and was subject to 30 minutes of hell.

All 4 of the hairdressers were woman, one of which was a really pretty younger girl. I smiled and said hello to her when I arrived and by chance caught her eye during my haircut (she wasn't cutting my hair). The middle aged woman who was, then spent the next 25 minutes embarassing the both of us by describing how much we both obviously had a thing for each other and was basically trying to broker a date between us. I was cringing throughout and found myself basically running out of th shop after I'd paid at the counter.

Aw why did you do that? Unless you were already taken then would you really say no to a 'pretty younger girl' as you describe her? I'm assuming you are spoken for, otherwise you're getting a collective slagging for running away :P

Aw why did you do that? Unless you were already taken then would you really say no to a 'pretty younger girl' as you describe her? I'm assuming you are spoken for, otherwise you're getting a collective slagging for running away :P

I am now, but this happened quite a while ago so I'm not sure if I was or not. I'd have happily asked the girl out but just felt so embarassed and humilated in the way that the woman cutting my hair was carrying on. It was a small shop and she was speaking so hat everyone else including the girl in question could hear.

I am now, but this happened quite a while ago so I'm not sure if I was or not. I'd have happily asked the girl out but just felt so embarassed and humilated in the way that the woman cutting my hair was carrying on. It was a small shop and she was speaking so hat everyone else including the girl in question could hear.

I get you, one of these 'you want the ground to open up' kind of moments? That is quite embarrassing, although I'm sure she meant well even if she should've kept her mouth shut. She was probably trying to embarrass her workmate for a laugh and just saw it as a bit of fun ;) I understand though that must've been a bit cringeworthy to say the least.

PTTGOYN - working tomorrow night, a wedding on Saturday and being forced into going to a celidh on the Sunday. Now I know weddings are great and everything but it just takes up the whole day and I'll spend the entire day making smalltalk with people I don't really know. I can't legally drink yet either. It doesn't allow for time to be spent with my mates. Plus no footy.

I get you, one of these 'you want the ground to open up' kind of moments? That is quite embarrassing, although I'm sure she meant well even if she should've kept her mouth shut. She was probably trying to embarrass her workmate for a laugh and just saw it as a bit of fun ;) I understand though that must've been a bit cringeworthy to say the least.

Yeah, it was the fact I was 'trapped' in the chair and couldn't get away from the torment. I've got a feeling I was hungover at the time as well, which only added to the pain!

Yeah, it was the fact I was 'trapped' in the chair and couldn't get away from the torment. I've got a feeling I was hungover at the time as well, which only added to the pain!

The inane buzzing from the trimmer can't have been pleasant? I can imagine getting a haircut hungover would be pretty shit, they yank your head around, pull your hair back sharply and spray you like an elephant's bath. Plus trying to focus on what the barber is saying to you above all the aforementioned carry on. Thanks Fudge, something to avoid eh ;)

Probably something that has been posted before, but I have a distinct lack of self confidence when it comes to girls. There's a girl at work, and every time I see her she smiles at me, and I think if I spoke to her maybe something could happen... But I don't have the confidence to even speak to her.

Probably something that has been posted before, but I have a distinct lack of self confidence when it comes to girls. There's a girl at work, and every time I see her she smiles at me, and I think if I spoke to her maybe something could happen... But I don't have the confidence to even speak to her.

I used to be like that, but at some point about 18 months ago a switch just seemed to flick somewhere and since then I've been able to talk to even the hottest girl in a club (etc) no problems. This may have been more down to drink, but when I saw my now girlfriend in a club for the first time she was standing beside the dancefloor with her friends and I just walked up to her and said 'Wow, you're really beautiful'. Until shortly before that time period I'd never have had to bottle to do anything like that!

Annoyingly The Gray Girl always finds it easy to talk to girls (well, in the last few years anyway), but is terrible at moving the conversation on to anything more serious. Lack of practice basically. :(

Edited to add, The Gray Ghost envies Fudge. <_<

Edited by The Gray Ghost

I am also rather rubbish at talking to girls initially, it's like that in clubs too. I tend to rely on student nights when all the slags are out in force on the dancefloor :ph34r:

I'm fine when I know the girl though, it's the initial part where I stumble.

It's a tricky one mate. I think it's safe to say we've all been there where we just freeze in that situation, even more so if you really like this girl DHD. It's easier said than done, but if you see her a lot at work and there is an opportunity then go for it. You don't have to even 'chat her up', if you've never spoken to her before just say something like "I've seen you around but I've never actually caught your name...?" and it should flow from there. Even if it's smalltalk just now then it's still a good start. Just be lighthearted and pretend it's not a big effort, and of course just be genuine and nice. Don't try too hard or hit her with any lines just yet.

Best of luck, you'll be grand :)

Just go for it die hard doonhamer.....

We don't bite :P

On times I've actually been actively chatted up by a girl (well, they have started the conversation and something has gone on to happen) their ice breaking lines have been more bizarre than anything you'd ever hear a guy say.

On overhearing me mention the fact that I did something Geography related a girl at the next table came over, stood by our table nervously for a few second and asked ' errrrrrrr.......how far does the Antartic ice record go back?'

On times I've actually been actively chatted up by a girl (well, they have started the conversation and something has gone on to happen) their ice breaking lines have been more bizarre than anything you'd ever hear a guy say.

On overhearing me mention the fact that I did something Geography related a girl at the next table came over, stood by our table nervously for a few second and asked ' errrrrrrr.......how far does the Antartic ice record go back?'

I like chatting up guys.. they should never have to do all the hard work. I don't think i've found myself saying anything stupid although alot of guys are taking back and don't know what to do when you talk to them at first.

See I have to say, I wouldn't mock DHD for his lack of confidence (hardly likely to help the situation, is it?!) but it does puzzle me why guys are feart from chatting up girls. Fair enough, we've all frozen at some point and looked daft, but at least at that stage you've made the first step.

I'm, sure girls would find it bizzarre to know that guys get like that before attempting to just talk to them!