Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

the vectron I could tolerate. the eye watering colours I bit my tongue about. but rhyming now?....really? :o<_<:rolleyes:

By Vectron, you've only just noticed the rhyming? I've been dropping it in every so often for days! Praise Vectron!

Maybe its because people tend to sit down and enjoy a nice glass of cider at a leisurely pace, to aid contemplation of Vectron, whereas a 2 litre bottle is chugged down in the time it normally takes for a pint. Or by Vectron's pet bee, is that just me?

I think it's just psychological.

2 litres of cider is somehow deemed 'quite a bit' and so it's socially acceptable to be drunk on this standard measure that the good people of Spar provide so cheaply. However, 4 pints is seen as a meager amount, and if you were drunk on that amount you'd be mocked. People have no idea how many pints are in a litre, so actually have no idea that the two volumes I've discussed are virtually the same but because 2 litres is probably percieved as being more than 4 pints they're more likely to admit being drunk after it.

20/20 is the future anyway, though despite 'deflation', its price has risen between 50-75p in the last 2 years. I joked that is was because the pound had been devalued against the dollar and I got a slinky to the eye from my mate for a being a 'queer' for even knowing this.

I think it's just psychological.

2 litres of cider is somehow deemed 'quite a bit' and so it's socially acceptable to be drunk on this standard measure that the good people of Spar provide so cheaply. However, 4 pints is seen as a meager amount, and if you were drunk on that amount you'd be mocked. People have no idea how many pints are in a litre, so actually have no idea that the two volumes I've discussed are virtually the same but because 2 litres is probably percieved as being more than 4 pints they're more likely to admit being drunk after it.

It could be, but nobody really gets drunk on a bottle of cheap cider - by Vectron, thats why you mix it with stuff!

20/20 is the future anyway, though despite 'deflation', its price has risen between 50-75p in the last 2 years. I joked that is was because the pound had been devalued against the dollar and I got a slinky to the eye from my mate for a being a 'queer' for even knowing this.

Despite having drank most of the cheap and nasty stuff the planet has to offer, by Vectron, I don't think I've ever tried MD 20/20. I've often been tempted, after all, colourful bottle, strong percentage...but by Vectron, I prefer to spend my money on a bottle of Sambuca! Also, I very rarely drink in houses these days, normally its just a few beers then out to the pub. I'm a man of class and breeding. B)

Despite having drank most of the cheap and nasty stuff the planet has to offer, by Vectron, I don't think I've ever tried MD 20/20. I've often been tempted, after all, colourful bottle, strong percentage...but by Vectron, I prefer to spend my money on a bottle of Sambuca! Also, I very rarely drink in houses these days, normally its just a few beers then out to the pub. I'm a man of class and breeding. B)

Orange MD tastes fucking brilliant.

Orange MD tastes fucking brilliant.

What this man said. A bottle of Orange Jubilee and a 1/4 bottle of Glens vodka mixed with 2 small cans of red bull and plenty of ice is an essential pre pub combo.

I know plenty of people who get drunk after 2 litres of cider, though they shall remain anonymous.

Dont you just hate when you think a rain storm is about to stop and you continue in whatever you were doing only to be drenched by the tail end of the storm. Still drying out now after 2 hours.

Green is the worst, by miles, terrible stuff.

The peach stuff is ganting. I once bought it instead of OJ because the colour is similar. The blue stuff tastes like anti-freeze, but when you get past the first couple of scoops your mouth because suitably numb and your insides suitably warm as that it almost becomes enjoyable.

'Purple Passion' is just the Holocaust in a bottle.

Why do supermarkets not sell your "outdoorsy" drinks, like Mad Dog, Frosty Jacks and the like?

Obviously there's a market for them, and you're not telling me that Asda are worried about getting a poor image, when they sell a 70cl of vodka for about £6.

Is that not the fucking Asda Price stuff though? It'd take the wallpaper clean off with so much as a whiff.

The peach stuff is ganting. I once bought it instead of OJ because the colour is similar. The blue stuff tastes like anti-freeze, but when you get past the first couple of scoops your mouth because suitably numb and your insides suitably warm as that it almost becomes enjoyable.

'Purple Passion' is just the Holocaust in a bottle.

Do you ever get the feeling that your local "independent retailer" buys in different flavours purely for your benefit?

I've never even heard of half of these!

Why do supermarkets not sell your "outdoorsy" drinks, like Mad Dog, Frosty Jacks and the like?

Obviously there's a market for them, and you're not telling me that Asda are worried about getting a poor image, when they sell a 70cl of vodka for about £6.

The Co-op in Aviemore sells Buckfast, and Carron Co-op sold MD once upon a time.

The Somerfields where I stayed sold Buckfast, Frosty Jacks, White Lightning, MD etc...

Do you ever get the feeling that your local "independent retailer" buys in different flavours purely for your benefit?

I've never even heard of half of these!

The probably do.

There are some 15 different flavours, though I think I've only ever sampled 7 or 8. I've looked high and low for the rest but fear they might not be exported from the U.S

'Red Grape Wine' is 18%. I want to get my hands on that bad boy.

Edited by Fudge

The Co-op in Aviemore sells Buckfast, and Carron Co-op sold MD once upon a time.

Buckfast seems to be the exception, strangely. You can buy it in Tesco in Stirling.

I've been having a look at this website for the last few minutes, and there's some stuff there I'd love to try. Particularly the Jaegermeister knock off, and the sadly discontinued, but wonderful sounding, "Lightning Creek".

I really just want to get ra after reading this. I always used to have an emergency bottle in the old flat as well :(

And by Vectron, I want to try some of these flavours, now! Its almost as exciting as when you go to a bar and see a massive range of aftershocks to mix and match from.

On another note, do you still get vodka jelly shots? Anyone remember when they were a bit of a craze a few years back?