Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

But while this is true for many people, it isn't true for all. For example, I recall the mental health thread from a couple years back because I learned stuff I didn't know from it. So while there are people on the wind up, should we close the thread because of this minority? As I said, it runs the risk of stigmatising it so that any conversation at all is forbidden. And I agree with you, the idiots were shown up for what they were on that thread...so why close it?

Because people need to be protected from themselves!

It was obvious from the other thread that a number of posters on here have been affected by it, be it first hand experience or second hand. It was the correct decision for it to be closed, because people feel very strongly about the subject and could easily end wound up.

This place is supposed to be somewhere for lighthearted discussion. With posters setting out to simply annoy people, it could end up opening up some old wounds, and this really isn't the place for it.

So are you saying we should have no serious discussion on anything in case it ends up reopening old wounds? I can see your point, but surely to bar all discussion related to say, mental health, which we seem to be on our way to doing, is just going to reinforce stupidity and negative stereotypes, and stigmatise the issue further. Education should be the tool used, not censorship.

Regarding the minority who try to spoil it, you will always get that, everywhere. To use it as a bigger example, this reaction is a bit like flattening an entire country and killing thousands because of the actions of a couple nutters. The minority must not be treated as the majority!

Guest The Phoenix
Yes, that's exactly what a mod closing a thread on a football forum is like. :huh:

I'm more concerned about how he knows what flattening an entire country is like.

Guest The Phoenix
There's an obvious answer here, but I'll hand the ball to someone else. ;)

It did cross my mind as well but getting the PTTGOYN Thread closed is probably a bridge too far.

Heavy snow forecast for most of Scotland tomorrow. Meaning my Dad's threatening not to drive up to Perth tomorrow for the football if the conditions on the road are bad. Which is a shame because I'll be gutted if I can't go as I've been looking forward to going. If my dad chooses not to go I can probably hitch a lift with my mate but he's not been driving long and I would guess he wouldn't want to drive up either.

Also my wireless internet has been playing up. Which is very annoying.

Heavy snow forecast for most of Scotland tomorrow. Meaning my Dad's threatening not to drive up to Perth tomorrow for the football if the conditions on the road are bad. Which is a shame because I'll be gutted if I can't go as I've been looking forward to going. If my dad chooses not to go I can probably hitch a lift with my mate but he's not been driving long and I would guess he wouldn't want to drive up either.

Also my wireless internet has been playing up. Which is very annoying.

Dundee to perth.Get the bus .