Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My computer is absolutely goosed. 32 viruses has knackered it. It's quite old and i have a laptop but its still annoying as i kept all my music and games ect on it and my BT broadband is pish for some reason so i dont always get a great internet connection. I was just about to install Kaspersky Anti-virus as well :angry: .

Got the Racist card played against me at work

Full complaint made against me and need to have meetings with managers to discuss my conduct although they have said i did nothing wrong

Not Amused :(

What did you do?

Got the Racist card played against me at work

Full complaint made against me and need to have meetings with managers to discuss my conduct although they have said i did nothing wrong

Not Amused sad.gif

Does this have anything to do with Dawn & Lenny ?

Folk that insist on driving in the middle or outside lanes all the time, and aren't even doing the speed limit. And even worse when you finally flash them and they still don't move so you undertake them and they look at you as if you're the one that's the idiot.

Folk that insist on driving in the middle or outside lanes all the time, and aren't even doing the speed limit. And even worse when you finally flash them and they still don't move so you undertake them and they look at you as if you're the one that's the idiot.

I had the very same discussion in the restaurant at lunchtime. Wankers the lot of them!

What did you do?

I work for HSBC Insurance and part of the criteria for travel insurance is that you must be a full UK resident, registered to a UK doctor etc

Basically some foriegn boy called for an insurance quote, i went through these criteria and he didnt meet them so i said sorry we cant give you cover

And he went mental, saying i only asked because of his accent and said i wouldnt give him cover as he was an immigrant

went on with this rant for 5/10 minutes calling me racist etc then hung up

and a half hour later my manager grabbed me saying i had a complaint against me on grounds of racial intolerance

they listened to call and my manager has told me off the record there was nothing i did wrong but as this guy persisted in making an official complaint, i need to get diversity training, and have my discussions with customers monitered in cause i breach the rules in my office about racism.

and although my managers know i did nothing wrong, due to the nature of the complaint etc, it all has to be done

and will be noted on my staff file so next job i apply for, this can be mentioned in any reference from my boss

Dont mind that he took the huff at me. im used to it and have been called every name under the sun at work by customers

its more the fact that it looks like it may have a serious influence on my future at this company and potentially others that has me angry

I work for HSBC Insurance and part of the criteria for travel insurance is that you must be a full UK resident, registered to a UK doctor etc

Basically some foriegn boy called for an insurance quote, i went through these criteria and he didnt meet them so i said sorry we cant give you cover

And he went mental, saying i only asked because of his accent and said i wouldnt give him cover as he was an immigrant

and a half hour later my manager grabbed me saying i had a complaint against me on grounds of racial intolerance

they listened to call and my manager has told me off the record there was nothing i did wrong but as this guy persisted in making an official complaint, i need to get diversity training, and have my discussions with customers monitered in cause i breach the rules in my office about racism.

and although my managers know i did nothing wrong, due to the nature of the complaint etc, it all has to be done

and will be noted on my staff file so next job i apply for, this can be mentioned in any reference from my boss

Dont mind that he took the huff at me. im used to it and have been called every name under the sun at work by customers

its more the fact that it looks like it may have a serious influence on my future at this company and potentially others that has me angry

I'd be making sure they had that wiped from my record one way or another. If you have truly done NOTHING wrong then they have absolutely no right whatsoever to put a black mark against you like that. Go and see a lawyer.

I remember coming back from England once, on a three lane Motorway, where the inside lane was totally empty and there was two rows of cars on the other two lanes. Eventually, I thought 'fúck it' and undertook them. All 27 of them.

The thing is, I'm the one who would have been done for it.

That's ridiculous, if one of the criteria of the insurance is that the person looking for cover has to be a full UK resident, then how can someone who's not a full UK resident play any sort of racism card?

Would this chunt have preferred to go through the whole application process just to be told at the end he wasn't eligible? That would be a waste of everyone's time.

Stories like this annoy me, not so much with the person who's making the complaint, he's just a wánker after all, but it's the way companies react to it.

I'd be making sure they had that wiped from my record one way or another. If you have truly done NOTHING wrong then they have absolutely no right whatsoever to put a black mark against you like that. Go and see a lawyer.

Not long off the phone with my manager who says she will have a word with the HR people to get it wiped as all i did wasfollow criteria

My boss is a good manager and says only reason its possible gonna be there is due to their own rules and regs but if they look at my situation individually they will see it aint justified

Just gotta wait a few days now to find out for certain whats gonna happen

That pretty shite. Hope you get it sorted out. You'd think your boss or whoever spoke to him could have just said, sorry you haven't met the criteria rather than pandering to him. Christ, they come over here take our jobs, and now they're abusing our staff. It's not on :angry:

Not long off the phone with my manager who says she will have a word with the HR people to get it wiped as all i did wasfollow criteria

My boss is a good manager and says only reason its possible gonna be there is due to their own rules and regs but if they look at my situation individually they will see it aint justified

Their criteria is fucked if a black mark can stand against your name when you have done nothing wrong. Get them told.

Do you have a union?

I dont know sutton01 and have never met him but im absolutely fuming at his story. What a complete joke!! This world is wrong.

If the call was listened to and there was no substance to the complaint no action would be taken. I'm sure HSBC management are tossers and don't understand their own rules and those in relation to discrimination. That said there is no smoke without fire.