Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

So I'm currently on the Calmac ferry "Lord of the Isles" from South Uist to Oban. It has WiFi installed and after a successful trial will be rolled out on the rest of the fleet. However it appears they've banned the use of websites and apps for Hotmail, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Play Music, YouTube, all my betting apps, Instagram, even the Play Store so I can't download any games!

All it seems to allow are news and sports apps, such as BBC, Al Jazeera, Eurosport. Oh I can access my Amazon and eBay accounts as well.

There is a notice saying apps and websites are restricted for the benefit, security and safety of customers. Can't see the point of them having it installed in the first place to be honest.

So I'm currently on the Calmac ferry "Lord of the Isles" from South Uist to Oban. It has WiFi installed and after a successful trial will be rolled out on the rest of the fleet. However it appears they've banned the use of websites and apps for Hotmail, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Play Music, YouTube, all my betting apps, Instagram, even the Play Store so I can't download any games!

All it seems to allow are news and sports apps, such as BBC, Al Jazeera, Eurosport. Oh I can access my Amazon and eBay accounts as well.

There is a notice saying apps and websites are restricted for the benefit, security and safety of customers. Can't see the point of them having it installed in the first place to be honest.

I knew a guy who worked for them,just like the company, he was is a complete wankstain

Edited by rustyarabnuts

I'm wide awake due to a couple of drunks arguing on the road outside. One of them only had one trainer on.

Luckily they dispersed before I had to take the cucumber off my eyelids, put my kimono on and go out and ask them rather impolitely to take their argument to a less affluent part of town where arguing in the street is common place and accepted as, "Wan 'o they hings!"

Ruffians.

Edited by Andy C

I'm wide awake due to a couple of drunks arguing on the road outside. One of them only had one trainer on.

Luckily they dispersed before I had to take the cucumber off my eyelids, put my kimono on and go out and ask them rather impolitely to take their argument to a less affluent part of town where arguing in the street is common place and accepted as, "Wan 'o they hings!"

Ruffians.

'shoes off' must have been a Par.

I knew a guy who worked for them,just like the company, he was is a complete wankstain 

I know a few guys/girls who work for them and they're all decent craic. In general terms I've had very few problems sailing with them, the WiFi thing just irked. They could probably sail a bit faster as well.

Too long is also ridiculous. There's a small window of acceptable tie length!

Agreed. The width of the belt buckle. The nearer the top the better.

On a similar note, people who can't tie ties properly also annoy me.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I need to find a job doing something other than call centre work, but the only experience and training that I have is for working in a call centre.

You could do an open university course while working?

Just saw and advert for an album with "some of the best voices ever". 2 of the artists were James Arthur and Jessie j. Not sure if serious.

If Susan Boyle ain't on it, then i'm sure they are not serious

You could do an open university course while working?

I actually have a degree. Unfortunately, it's in Business Studies so I didn't gain any real skills. Also, due to circumstances beyond my control, it took me four years to achieve a three year degree, which looks very impressive.

I'm a grumpy wee b*****d tonight!