Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

No, no. The staff got a row for exchanging numbers with each other.

Right, got you now. How do they get more folk on the till if there's a queue?

In my local shop they say something like...Haw Mag'rit gonnae stoap that n jump oan a till.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Aye, obviously they can ask other for help and stuff, I think it's more about them standing talking to each other on the shop floor or at the tills.

I see.

This silent shop reminded me of the pub near Blythswood Square, near the deaf school. I went into a couple of times and it was mobbed, but as most folk were speaking in sign language it was nearly silent.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

So their boss lets them phone 999 if someone is tanning the place?

Why would you want a shop to have a tan? Jesus some of the things people do these days :P

Edited by hoopy1967

When you write a relatively long post using the P&B app (on iPad anyway) and it justs cuts off most of the latter half mid sentence (works fine on normal website). That and the way it gives a double quote when you quote somebody's post (that plus the one they originally quoted).

Got a filling replaced today because I chipped my tooth and the anesthetic is a nightmare. Been sitting for 3 hours like I've had a stroke. Was intending to go for a haircut but no danger I'm going looking like the elephant man

My other half had something similar earlier in the week. I kept on making her laugh on purpose because when she smiled, one side of the mouth didn't move, giving the same stroke effect. She found it funny anyway (I think!).

Quite right. Nothing worse than staff ignoring you because they are too busy gossiping.

This happened to me at Luton airport a few weeks ago. At the security bit this woman was going through my things when a passenger she obviously knew.walked past. In the next 5 minutes, I now more about this guys life than half my mates. The thing that really angered me was that she was so blatent about it, I turned round to the folk behind me and just shook my head, pissed off that I was holding everyone back because of this utter mouthbreather.

At the exit where they have the wee buttons about "how was your security experience", I pressed the red button and one of the workers, presume he was a boss of some kind, asked me what was wrong. I told him, pointed the woman out and he looked fuming also, as if to say it wasn't the first time it happened.

Fucking cow. (her, not you!)

Edited by Young Hope

Australian Federal election today. The voting paper for the Senate has 110 candidates on it. It was too big to lie flat in the voting booth! You either have to rank them in order of preference (yes by writing 1, 2, 3, 4.....108, 109, 110 in each box) or you just put a 1 in the party box. I decided to go with the latter.