Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My boyfriend packs a lot more clothes than me when we go somewhere..

No, its likely he packs less clothes, but they are bigger. Girls clothes tend to be considerably smaller than guys, and so it might look like a rucksack heaving with clothes, but its really only a pair of trousers and a couple t-shirts. Either that or you have a taste for guys who live on the dangerous edge of poovery.

No, its likely he packs less clothes, but they are bigger. Girls clothes tend to be considerably smaller than guys, and so it might look like a rucksack heaving with clothes, but its really only a pair of trousers and a couple t-shirts. Either that or you have a taste for guys who live on the dangerous edge of poovery.

He is definitely on the dangerous edge of poovery then. We could be going away for say, a long weekend and he would take about 8 t-shirts, lots of jumpers and far too many pairs of jeans.

He is definitely on the dangerous edge of poovery then. We could be going away for say, a long weekend and he would take about 8 t-shirts, lots of jumpers and far too many pairs of jeans.

Thats definitely hovering on the extremes. :o

He will need condoms if ye is to be so lucky.

He won't be that lucky though!

Leaving for the bus to go to 5's in an hour. I'm bloody knackered.

Likewise. My son has been doing really well all this week, getting up no earlier than 7.30am. And today, a Saturday, he wakes up at bang on 6am. And it was Dads turn to get up :(

Likewise. My son has been doing really well all this week, getting up no earlier than 7.30am. And today, a Saturday, he wakes up at bang on 6am. And it was Dads turn to get up :(

You get used to it...

You get used to it...

I am kind of used to it nowadays. I just don't get enough sleep. I can't sleep when my girlfriend isn't in bed, I find it nigh on impossible to close my eyes until she comes to bed. Meaning, that if she decides she wants to stay up a bit later (I'm normally ready for bed at 10pm) I'm scuppered until she decides to call it a night.

Anyway, he is away back to bed now for a snooze.

My Petty nag, there are actually no dishes in the cupboards anymore after having folk over for dinner last night. I should really get cracking with that!

I am kind of used to it nowadays. I just don't get enough sleep. I can't sleep when my girlfriend isn't in bed, I find it nigh on impossible to close my eyes until she comes to bed. Meaning, that if she decides she wants to stay up a bit later (I'm normally ready for bed at 10pm) I'm scuppered until she decides to call it a night.

Anyway, he is away back to bed now for a snooze.

My Petty nag, there are actually no dishes in the cupboards anymore after having folk over for dinner last night. I should really get cracking with that!

I'm lucky in that I have always been an expert at catnapping. I can sleep for five or ten minutes no bother. I used to play cricket and I'd fall sleep in the dressing room while the guys were waiting to bat. Been out to bat a few times with the old glasses and moustache drawn on my face :D

Just have to grab whatever chance to sleep you can.

I can't remember when we last had the head gasket fixed. Think it must have been around 2007 and we were told then it may go again.

It's a Y reg Nissan Micra with 80,000 miles on the clock. It's just not worth having fixed again I don't think. We're given £20 a week car allowance for work but I used money to get new tyres which were needed recently and that's left me with about £600. Not exactly enough to buy a new car when it's needed.

It'll be fun going to work and explaining what's happened as out of the 4 rangers in the central belt one is off sick with swine flu and another is on holiday. It's only me and a chap from mid lothian about. :lol:

PS this is Mousey who cant be arsed logging off of her lad's account.

The last time The Gray Ghosts gasket went, he fixed it himself, the death knell for the car. But when The Gray Ghost took the cylinder head down to the machinists to get it skimmed, it had already had so much taken off it down the year (yes, singular) that it apparently wasnt possible to take any more off it after that skim. Thats when The Gray Ghost knew the car had to go. It seems that once it goes once, then it becomes weakened.

Did Keith not have a similar issue with a head gasket repair a few months back, or was that the timing belt?

Btw, advice to mousey. Don't fix it yourself. It just makes things worse.

I'm out of the playing side of the 5s, was quite looking forward to it.

Also, A&E in the Royal on a Friday evening- fucking hell. All the boxes were ticked, the old jakey who's fallen over pissed, the other old jakey who was crying because his wife didn't love him any more, the 14 year old asylum seeker (with a translator) who had been given a kicking by some neds- welcome to Glasgow!