Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Grrr, waiting for a parcel that *might* turn up today or tomorrow... I just know as soon as I get up and jump in the bath, the fuckers will arrive.

Also, I had my breakfast about an hour ago and I'm really hungry already... :angry:

All courier firms embark on serious in house training for this. It takes years to perfect,but we can hear running water from a couple of streets away...

All courier firms embark on serious in house training for this. It takes years to perfect,but we can hear running water from a couple of streets away...

:lol: I can't complain about my courier's. They delivered my books only three days after I ordered them and, as I was out, went to the trouble of leaving the parcel with my neighbours rather than taking it back to the depot and making me walk to Linwood to collect it! :)

Do reckon Reina's in the bath by now.........? :ph34r:

"DING-DONG" - Parcelforce Calling!!

:lol:

Ended up drinking more than I should've last night. Not so much a complaint but it wasn't a party or a night out, it was just a few guys watching tv etc etc. So this morning I feel a bit queasy and woke up at 6 and struggled to get back to sleep. For what? An amazing night out? No not really. I should've maybe saved some drink for Saturday.

EDIT: Oh and that photocopier is a thing of absolute beauty! B)

Edited by fraser_smfc

some guy on the spl forum, is getting wound up at me jokingly combining my FM09 knowledge and world football observations to 'appear' to give 'serious' suggestions as to whom celtic should sign. and I annoyingly got myself annoyed at him when really he's just a prat and responded rather pompously. I shouldn't, i'm embarassed at getting so irritated. :(

Because I accidentally deleted a single ' in my code when adding comments a few weeks back, four weeks of work just had to be redone.

I tested it, it worked fine, but then I documented it fully, and evidently accidentally removed that quote...but never noticed, meaning all my data was incorrectly extracted, and my system dismally failed when I put it all together. :(

I fail at work and life. :(

Because I accidentally deleted a single ' in my code when adding comments a few weeks back, four weeks of work just had to be redone.

I tested it, it worked fine, but then I documented it fully, and evidently accidentally removed that quote...but never noticed, meaning all my data was incorrectly extracted, and my system dismally failed when I put it all together. :(

so you can't just go back in put ' back in and recompile? bugger. :( still, at least its not netbeans.... <_<

so you can't just go back in put ' back in and recompile? bugger. :( still, at least its not netbeans.... <_<

Sadly not, because after I successfully tested it, I then used it to make the variables for an enormous training set, and then said enormous training set was used to make a model, which was then used to do what I actually meant to do. It took forever to train it all! :(

Still having problems with the ol' netbeans eh? At least it isn't Borland Together. Now that was a nightmarish piece of software. <_<

f**k that. I get pissed off if i lose something I've been working on for an hour or two at work. 4 weeks worth would actually send me over the edge.

PS3 online. My mates more or less spend all day on the damn thing. Even worse, when we're out, half the banter is about COD and how they "betty" each other etc. Sad fucks. I end up a little left out.

If P&B can get a fund together to buy me one, I'll stop posting pish as often :P

PS3 online. My mates more or less spend all day on the damn thing. Even worse, when we're out, half the banter is about COD and how they "betty" each other etc. Sad fucks. I end up a little left out.

If P&B can get a fund together to buy me one, I'll stop posting pish as often :P

Don't you dare diss the power of the betty!

:o Michael, don't! God man don't stoop to their level! Don't get sucked in. Yes they are sad fucks indeed. Could be worse. They could like World of Warcraft ;)

Get an Xbox 360.

Don't you dare diss the power of the betty!

Another COD freak :P

:o Michael, don't! God man don't stoop to their level! Don't get sucked in. Yes they are sad fucks indeed. Could be worse. They could like World of Warcraft ;)

Thankfully, I'm a skint student, so it's not going to happen barring a mega coupon coming in or something. Even then, car insurance and trying to gradually save towards a new car is the priority. I've heard of WoW, but I've never played it. Geeks game, I take it?

Get an Xbox 360.

How much is a 360 these days? I've heard they're a fair bit cheaper than the PS3. The only problem being I'd still miss out on a bit of the banter :(

Thankfully, I'm a skint student, so it's not going to happen barring a mega coupon coming in or something. Even then, car insurance and trying to gradually save towards a new car is the priority. I've heard of WoW, but I've never played it. Geeks game, I take it?

To put it mildly, aye.

How much is a 360 these days? I've heard they're a fair bit cheaper than the PS3. The only problem being I'd still miss out on a bit of the banter :(

You may miss out on the banter, but you'd have a cheaper and arguably better console with regards to game-play (can of worms just opened there :P).

An Arcade Xbox 360 is about £130.

A Premium Console (includes a 60GB Hard Drive and headset for Xbox Live Comms) is usually about £160.

An Elite (As with Premium except it's black and has a 120GB Hard Drive) is about £200-220.

I have a Premium, and managed to get a great deal out of it at the time. If you're serious about getting one you're as well to try and get a bundle with lots of games, which with a Premium should put you at around the £200-240 bracket.

This compares with the PS3, which from what I can gather, is usually £300 plus with an 80GB Hard Drive. It does have Blueray which is something to consider.