Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Watching the scores update on the BBC website is fucking sensational when you've got urgent uni work to do I've found. Or going for a shit. Basically anything that isn't writing an essay becomes several times more interesting.

Ditto when it comes to working. I really shouldn't be allowed near a PC during hours, as any site that I go on becomes as you put far more interesting than the task at hand.

You can tell us, yet you can't tell her?

And then it's not sore typing?

WTF?

Who rattled your cage? It was on my left hand, I'm right handed and I was typing from my phone. She was in her bed sleeping and I'd said that I'd be in an hour earlier than I was, I had to be quiet because I was sneaking in the front door.

Just scream and put the clock back an hour. She'll never know.

I just sat eating biscuits in the dark gently sobbing instead.

Having hicups.

I'm already drunk but if I just collapsed into bed without trying to sober myself up for tomorrow by drinking 3 bottles of water I wouldn't have them.

Oh well.

Here's to tomorrow and a hangover/sorehead/feeling like shite/guilt/'THE FEAR' - free day tomorrow!!

xx

Fucking useless politics students.

We're put into groups of 4 and take it in turns to present seminar papers on a given subject to the rest of the class each week. 3 people are supposed to submit seminar papers on Monday before the seminar on Wednesday and one person is supposed to chair and submit a reflective report the following week.

Seminars are on Wednesday and I emailed the other three on their University email accounts asking to meet up to arrange subdivision of the topic, decide who was doing which seminar paper and who was to chair. Two made an effort to get in contact before Friday, and assumed responsibility for seminar papers. It was agreed I would chair and that the third paper would be done by the absent person and an email was sent out on Friday confirming this. I then posted on our subject forum to alert this person to the fact several emails had been sent around arranging what we would do and to encourage him to check it. I sent another email yesterday suggesting that we meet up to check progress of the papers on Monday and both of the others replied in the affirmative.

I received an email from Mr Missing this evening (4 days after the first email was sent with another 9 having been circulated by the group as a whole in the 3 subsequent days), with no apology for not responding to emails sooner, a half-hearted apology for not telling us that he was away from Glasgow the last few days and wouldn't be back until Wednesday, an acknowledgement that this wasn't convenient because the "essays are due in either this week or next week" (er, try fucking tomorrow, son) and an offer to "help us" in what way he could with "finding journal articles".

No fucking wonder unemployment among young people is so high if our Universities are churning out such lazy and incompetent graduates.

Guest The Phoenix

Fucking useless politics students.

We're put into groups of 4 and take it in turns to present seminar papers on a given subject to the rest of the class each week. 3 people are supposed to submit seminar papers on Monday before the seminar on Wednesday and one person is supposed to chair and submit a reflective report the following week.

Seminars are on Wednesday and I emailed the other three on their University email accounts asking to meet up to arrange subdivision of the topic, decide who was doing which seminar paper and who was to chair. Two made an effort to get in contact before Friday, and assumed responsibility for seminar papers. It was agreed I would chair and that the third paper would be done by the absent person and an email was sent out on Friday confirming this. I then posted on our subject forum to alert this person to the fact several emails had been sent around arranging what we would do and to encourage him to check it. I sent another email yesterday suggesting that we meet up to check progress of the papers on Monday and both of the others replied in the affirmative.

I received an email from Mr Missing this evening (4 days after the first email was sent with another 9 having been circulated by the group as a whole in the 3 subsequent days), with no apology for not responding to emails sooner, a half-hearted apology for not telling us that he was away from Glasgow the last few days and wouldn't be back until Wednesday, an acknowledgement that this wasn't convenient because the "essays are due in either this week or next week" (er, try fucking tomorrow, son) and an offer to "help us" in what way he could with "finding journal articles".

No fucking wonder unemployment among young people is so high if our Universities are churning out such lazy and incompetent graduates.

That's fair cheered me up. :D

Most impressed with the artwork all over the info boards on Crammond Island.

Proclaiming support for HMFC and abusing many targets it must endear the maroon half of Edinburgh to visitors to this minor tourist attraction.

A well known Hearts area, Crammond Island. tongue.gif

On the buses...............I don't want to hear yer bloody music, or your mobile phone calls, or your "dead funny" ring tones, or the wee bleeping noise every time you hit a letter as you text, get yer feet off the seats as I might have to sit there and my Italian silk suits stain easily, and i don't want to smell that kebab which is RANK and will give you the skitters.

On the other hand......I get a perverse kick out of tossers who get caught with out-of-date season tickets. If I have to pay, so do you.

Nurse, the screens please.

On the buses...............I don't want to hear yer bloody music, or your mobile phone calls, or your "dead funny" ring tones, or the wee bleeping noise every time you hit a letter as you text, get yer feet off the seats as I might have to sit there and my Italian silk suits stain easily, and i don't want to smell that kebab which is RANK and will give you the skitters.

On the other hand......I get a perverse kick out of tossers who get caught with out-of-date season tickets. If I have to pay, so do you.

Nurse, the screens please.

Do tears stain those Italian Silk suits??

I have a 1,500 word report to do for tomorrow. I've spent the last three hours attempting to start it but I've only managed 300 words. I have no motivation to do it whatsoever and I'm spending my time on StumbleUpon instead.