Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When people treat stovies as something purely reserved for groups at ceilidhs, quizes etc rather than a staple supper you can have at home or in a canteen. Same applies to haggis with Burns suppers. In my experience, English people are usually the worst offenders of this hideous crime.

Oh, and when there's no beetroot left. That's a right b*****d.

When people treat stovies as something purely reserved for groups at ceilidhs, quizes etc rather than a staple supper you can have at home or in a canteen. Same applies to haggis with Burns suppers. In my experience, English people are usually the worst offenders of this hideous crime.

Oh, and when there's no beetroot left. That's a right b*****d.

I used to get stovies from the bakery for lunch when I worked for Aberdeen City Council. When I went to Aberdeenshire Council, the canteen there served stovies at least once a week and I always chose that over the other stuff. Most of the locals would pick salad or soup and a sandwich.

I used to get stovies from the bakery for lunch when I worked for Aberdeen City Council. When I went to Aberdeenshire Council, the canteen there served stovies at least once a week and I always chose that over the other stuff. Most of the locals would pick salad or soup and a sandwich.

Most bakers around my work serve them too. Best one is where you open the polystyrene box to find your congealed stovies still in the perfect shape of the box.

Unlikely to win any healthy food awards, but glorious.

Getting ready for my Sunday League just now and there are thousands of black rubber balls all over the fucking place! All of our games are played on artificial surfaces now so it means that all throughout every week I am finding black balls (no pun intended) everywhere and anywhere! The fuckers are in carpets, floors, in bags, stuck to socks. I nearly choked last week when I had to take my inhaler during a game only to have what felt like hundreds of black balls (got to sop saying it like that) flying down my throat.

The first person to invent a good playing surface without the need for the balls should be in line for the Nobel Prize for Artificial Grass IMO.

There's a big fat slabbery mess that works on the checkout in my local supermarket.

The only (and last) time I went to her aisle* she kept commenting on what I was buying. "hmm, that looks nice".

Put me right off.

*No it's not a euphemism :green