Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My girlfriend was getting 'and you're OK with him going to Amsterdam?' from a couple of her friends.

A worryingly high percentage of people are trapped in dreadful relationships

My pals girlfriend was going tits down the phone threatening to assault him when we were in Newcastle.

The reason? There was a hen party in the apartment across from us and 2 of us had went for a few drinks after the dancing.

She didn't believe he was in bed the whole time.

My girlfriend was getting 'and you're OK with him going to Amsterdam?' from a couple of her friends.

A worryingly high percentage of people are trapped in dreadful relationships

My mate being one. Done something daft and then got back with his bird, he's now like a puppet and she uses the thing to her advantage and to make threats anytime he threatens to step out of line. He's offshore so only home a month at a time and I never ever see him these days. Only gets out to play golf, don't think he even likes golf. :lol:

Bought all the gear and membership etc just so he can get out. He won't admit it but it's obvious. Even organised a drink in my mates house instead of going out just for him and he kept making excuses and didn't show.

Brutal. Guaranteed to regret it in the future.

Went on a holiday to Malia a few weeks ago and we had to go through all the photos on my mates' phone to make sure there were none of him standing next to any lassies in case his burd went mental. There was a really cracking group photo, but we couldn't put it on Facebook unless we cropped him out. Ridiculous.

I've known a few boys who'd blame their supposedly crazy girlfriends for them not spending time with their mates, when the truth of the matter was that they'd just rather be spending time with the girlfriend. Bit of a shite, cowardly thing to do, but makes more sense than there being loads of blokes in awful controlling relationships for no good reason. Nobody's that desperate for sex, surely.

A lot of guys are Gonnae be sitting at work 1 day in their 40s and it will hit them like a sledgehammer.

'I've wasted my entire youth on that nutbag and I don't even like her much now she's lost her sex appeal'

Nae good realising when your auld that she's a nutter and you want to go out and have fun wi the lads.

I've known a few boys who'd blame their supposedly crazy girlfriends for them not spending time with their mates, when the truth of the matter was that they'd just rather be spending time with the girlfriend. Bit of a shite, cowardly thing to do, but makes more sense than there being loads of blokes in awful controlling relationships for no good reason. Nobody's that desperate for sex, surely.

My husband recently admitted to me that sometimes, if he can't be bothered/afford to go out, he'll tell his mates that I've said he's not allowed! Apparently my brother-in-law says the same thing. "The War Office has vetoed it" is less embarrassing than telling people they're skint! :huh:

My husband recently admitted to me that sometimes, if he can't be bothered/afford to go out, he'll tell his mates that I've said he's not allowed! Apparently my brother-in-law says the same thing. "The War Office has vetoed it" is less embarrassing than telling people they're skint! :huh:

Chances are if a working guy says he's skint and no coming out that his mates will say he's no allowed down the pub anyway.

I've done that before aswell. Made an excuse so I didn't have to go out. You can just tell this isn't the case with this guy though. Gives it big licks right up until a day before. Plus from knowing his girlfriend she is a right..... Loves to threaten him, done it for years.

Remembering walking in on him greeting (yes I know) on the phone at his 18th (4 nearly 5 year ago now) cause she'd phoned and gotten angry at him for not replying to texts quick enough FFS. She's an arsehole, he just loves the girl and can't see past her. Really good looking guy too would've no bother finding someone else.

I've got a few mates who have yer perfect girlfriends, the ones that are pretty low maintenance, that don't really give to much of a f**k and that are ridiculously sound. That's sort of why I finished with my ex tbh. Seeing all my mates with their girlfriends and realising that something wasn't right with my relationship. Used to get scratched and slapped quite a lot, fucking dafty for putting up with it. Mentioned elsewhere about deleting stuff off my phone all the time cause shed wake up and check every last thing on it when I was sleeping!! Also went daft at me when my browser history was clean :lol: :lol:

Threatened left right and centre and mad strops everywhere over nothing. Drama is not fun.

Thing that really annoys me, in Dundee Shell beside the swimming pool getting petrol, trying to come out the exit on to that busy road, there's a wall that has a fancy raised profile/decoration at the end which makes it very difficult to see what's coming unless yer basically on the road. If that wall was just a basic wall it'd be easy to get out, but they've decided to build it with a wee fancy raised bit at the end making it so much harder.

Basically anything that's somewhere for aesthetic reasons over practicality reasons. Probably a countless number of things.

I now live with my girlfriend of five years, as soon as we moved in together she piled on weight. She also does my fucking head in, I look forward to nights she's working late so I can go in and not have to listen to her pish.

It struck me when my colleague asked me, "getting your hole the night then?" and I replied "not if I can help it".

It's too far gone, I can't get rid. Don't do it, seriously don't.

I now live with my girlfriend of five years, as soon as we moved in together she piled on weight. She also does my fucking head in, I look forward to nights she's working late so I can go in and not have to listen to her pish.

It struck me when my colleague asked me, "getting your hole the night then?" and I replied "not if I can help it".

You're kidding, right? :blink:

So, you're planning on staying in a relationship that makes you miserable with a person who you feel hostile towards because you'd rather suffer than break up with them?

That's weird.

It's a pet hate of mine when guys (or girls for that matter) when they get a new girlfriend/boyfriend, which instantly means they are no longer available for social occasions.

Complete bawbaggery of the highest order.

It's a bit of a sign that most folk don't actually like their mates as much as they make out; they're just killing time until something more interesting comes along.

The solution to this is clearly to offer your pals recreational blowjobs in order to keep them interested :P

It's a pet hate of mine when guys (or girls for that matter) when they get a new girlfriend/boyfriend, which instantly means they are no longer available for social occasions.

Complete bawbaggery of the highest order.

On the flipside of that though, it's usually the bawbag show off in any group of friends who throws a strop and whines that friends aren't available at their beck and call quite as much when they have a partner.

This forum has a few women members, any of them want to jump in and comment on this subject?

It's got to the stage now that young guys will have to hand future girlfriends a contract to sign upon dating that they will not act all cool and carefree at the beginning, only to turn into a nightmare once the guy is well and truly hooked.

Do people not understand that we all arrive on this planet the same way and we all leave dead.

You do not have any right to control other people in the time in between.

To guys who are having a shite time of it with controlling girlfriends or now realising after reading all this that they're in a broken relationship, I urge you to remember that life is very short.

To make matters worse you probably want to make the most of the part when you're young enough to enjoy life.

It's no good having the courage once you're 50 to kick her out and realise your mates now don't want to do all the stuff you missed out on.

It would be pretty shitty to wake up old and think you've spent your life taking that psychos pish and missing out on the good times your mates were having, purely because you were afraid to dump her or afraid nobody else would have you.