Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Got this utterly shite song stuck in my head and it won't go away. Never qualifying for anything is fair retribution for inflicting pish like this on the world..

Just let it sink in that del amtri got the last scottish world cup song.. and we still ignored what they said

15 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Meet The Fokers came out in 2004, despite Maddie McCann disappearing the year before, Little Jack is grossly ignored throughout the movie.

Robert De Niro and Blythe Danner are OFTW IMO.

Maddie went missing in 2007. Stop trying to throw people off your scent.

Gretchen.

Even in Germany, who gives their daughter a name like that?! Sounds like the ugly cousin of one of the ugly step-sisters.

When I was a student, this guy we knew started some weird pen-pal relationship with a girl called Gretchen. She was borderline.

She came to work in Scotland, and he was super excited, as he was a bit odd and consequently had never managed to have his way with a lady.

We all went our to a club and drew lots. A guy from Newcastle pumped her.

In the last couple of days I've seen a newish BMW being driven by a guy in his 30's with his hood up and a newish jeep type car being driven by an old guy wearing a baseball cap.

Why the f**k do you need to wear something on your head if you're inside a car?

At the end of my holiday so doing my usual pre-going back to work musings of changing career and finding a job in something different, but even when I look up 'entry level job' they all seem to require experience. How are folk supposed to get experience of even on the lowest rung of that job you already need to have experience?

I can just about understand folk that come into the hospital where I work looking for accident and emergency. I mean if ye ignore the sign at the front that says there is no accident and emergency in the hospital and, after walking around the grounds for half an hour, you see no accident and emergency department or even a sign for accident and emergency... I can still understand folk just presuming every hospital has an accident and emergency department.

But the ones who ask me where the A&E department is and I explain we don't have one who get annoyed at ME! As tho' it's my fault none of the psychologists in the eating disorder clinic or the speech and language therapists dealing with the autistic kids can't suddenly diagnose ye and perform emergency surgery. You're the fucking melter who's turned up at a mental health hospital looking for an A&E.

Hope ye die.

Trying to drive round Falkirk at weekends. 

You get stuck behind some fanny who drives like they have never driven before, who eventually turns off to a different route than you're going, and you think "thank f**k".

10 seconds later you get stuck behind another fanny driving exactly the same way.

Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Boghead ranter

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I can just about understand folk that come into the hospital where I work looking for accident and emergency. I mean if ye ignore the sign at the front that says there is no accident and emergency in the hospital and, after walking around the grounds for half an hour, you see no accident and emergency department or even a sign for accident and emergency... I can still understand folk just presuming every hospital has an accident and emergency department.

But the ones who ask me where the A&E department is and I explain we don't have one who get annoyed at ME! As tho' it's my fault none of the psychologists in the eating disorder clinic or the speech and language therapists dealing with the autistic kids can't suddenly diagnose ye and perform emergency surgery. You're the fucking melter who's turned up at a mental health hospital looking for an A&E.

Hope ye die.

It's this sort of compassionate attitude that makes the NHS worth fighting for.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

It's this sort of compassionate attitude that makes the NHS worth fighting for.

Nah. It's these sort of absolute imbeciles that cause waiting lists.

Half of them are looking to go to the A&E because they have a sore stomach or some other shite. Whenever I recommend they stop being a dick and call NHSDirect to see if there's a primary care centre that can see them instead they don't bother their arse.

Seriously. Hope they die.

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Half of them are looking to go to the A&E because they have a sore stomach or some other shite. Whenever I recommend they stop being a dick and call NHSDirect to see if there's a primary care centre that can see them instead they don't bother their arse.

Maybe they need the mental health hospital after all then. 

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Maybe they need the mental health hospital after all then. 

Another thing that DOES get on my nerves is, due to cuts, folk who turns up here suicidal or in a psychotic or dangerous state and need urgent psychiatric help aren't allowed to be seen here without going to A&E first.

I need to sit them down, explain this to them, phone them an ambulance to take them to a different hospital so the A&E staff can say "yeah.. they're probably mental" and then they can be sent back here where the doctor, who was sitting doing nothing when the patient first arrived anyway, can treat them. There's an ambulance depot RIGHT next door but, usually, it takes about three hours for the ambulance to get here. Then they have a coupla hour wait in A&E. Yer, generally, talking six hours from them coming in asking for help before they get taken back here to get it.

Ye ever had to sit a suicidal person down and tell them that they've came to the only hospital for miles that has the doctors that can help them and tell them to f**k off to a different hospital?

If I could would advise them to let me phone to cops on them. They police will arrive in 10 minutes, maximum, arrest them and deliver them to the 136 suite at a mental health unit within half an hour with no criminal record. But if I advise them to do this and it gets out that it was my idea I would get the bag. And I, generally, don't trust psychotic people not to blab on.

49 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Are you just a patient who gets to help the janitor?