Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It`s all gone fucking horribly wrong :(

I am now the less than proud owner of not only a fucking Vauxhall :( but a fucking Zafira too. :( I can now ferry six screaming kids around.

I NEVER ever wanted to own a bloody Vauxhall. This is a sad sad day for me.

I do still have three Lancias in my garage though but only one of them works <_<

I was ambivalent about owning a Vauxhall, and now I do. And it is truly shite. I never want to own a bloody Vauxhall again.

Whats the story behind this tale of woe? You have my condolences and deepest sympathy.

Old Vauxhalls are rubbish, to be fair. Ryan had a Cavalier 1.7 td and it was a bucket of shite. My Astra is rather good, though. :)

I havent been to an Arbroath game for a couple months now, because if I was to drive up, I wouldnt feel confident about driving it back down on the same day. I'd have to stay at one of my relatives overnight, and I dont have the time for that.

I hate old Astras. :angry:

I was ambivalent about owning a Vauxhall, and now I do. And it is truly shite. I never want to own a bloody Vauxhall again.

Whats the story behind this tale of woe? You have my condolences and deepest sympathy.

Well. I own a Lancia Beta coupe. 1977 2.litre carburrettor model. Its great and it goes like stink. But its really a two seater car although the kids could maybe get on the back seats there are no seat belt points so thats that fucked. Its a runner just now.

I also have a Lancia Gamma coupe but it`s off the road due to a mouse attack on some wiring :lol: No mice in the garage anymore though thanks to Drummond the cat <_<

And the car we were using as the family car was a Lancia Thema. But last saturday afternoon I went to take the kids to some garden centre for lunch when I snapped the cambelt bending six valves. Not a particularly big job to sort but I just rebuilt the rear suspension completely and it had cost a fair bit. So the wife decided she was going for a new car and went out with her mother last sunday and bought this Zafira MPV thing.

I have never driven it. I never will

I would say "you poor b*****d", but you have 3 (well, 4 now) cars, and I own 1 wreck only.

So, ha ha!

I give it 2 weeks before you drive it.

I won`t.

I refused to go on the insurance :lol:

If you fancy a Lancia give me a shout. The Gamma coupe is a very nice looking car. You will find that nobody will make eye contact with you ever because they don`t want to admit you have a stonking looking car. And you are used to breaking down so it will be a piece of piss to own!!

Edited by Reynard

I won`t.

I refused to go on the insurance :lol:

If you fancy a Lancia give me a shout. The Gamma coupe is a very nice looking car. You will find that nobody will make eye contact with you ever because they don`t want to admit you have a stonking looking car. And you are used to breaking down so it will be a piece of piss to own!!

:lol::lol: Clever! Still think you'll crack though and end up driving it!

If you have one for £500 or less....

Well. I own a Lancia Beta coupe. 1977 2.litre carburrettor model. Its great and it goes like stink. But its really a two seater car although the kids could maybe get on the back seats there are no seat belt points so thats that fucked. Its a runner just now.

I also have a Lancia Gamma coupe but it`s off the road due to a mouse attack on some wiring :lol: No mice in the garage anymore though thanks to Drummond the cat <_<

And the car we were using as the family car was a Lancia Thema. But last saturday afternoon I went to take the kids to some garden centre for lunch when I snapped the cambelt bending six valves. Not a particularly big job to sort but I just rebuilt the rear suspension completely and it had cost a fair bit. So the wife decided she was going for a new car and went out with her mother last sunday and bought this Zafira MPV thing.

I have never driven it. I never will

You let your wife go out on her own to buy a new car? Thats a recipe for disaster.

You let your wife go out on her own to buy a new car? Thats a recipe for disaster.

Well I have three of my own. Its only fair. Women tend to be more practical about car buying. They either go for the blatant hairdresser car like a Mazda mx5 or something shit like that or they buy family orientated cars. Thankfully the craze for those abysmal suzuki jeep things seems to have died a fucking death. I really fear she could have gone for something like that.

:lol::lol: Clever! Still think you'll crack though and end up driving it!

If you have one for £500 or less....

My mate is selling a V6 Thema for four hundred quid. Its left hand drive and a nice deep burgundy colour with a hand stitched leather interior. Its only got sixty thousand kilometers on the clock. I will be selling the Gamma at some point but it will stay in Lancia circles as its good for showing at car shows and stuff.

The insurance will cost you about three times the cost of the Thema though. At least. :(

My mate is selling a V6 Thema for four hundred quid. Its left hand drive and a nice deep burgundy colour with a hand stitched leather interior. Its only got sixty thousand kilometers on the clock. I will be selling the Gamma at some point but it will stay in Lancia circles as its good for showing at car shows and stuff.

The insurance will cost you about three times the cost of the Thema though. At least. :(

I was getting quite interested till you mentioned the insurance! Gutted now!. :(

I was getting quite interested till you mentioned the insurance! Gutted now!. :(

It was a Swiss import and he had bother getting a quote because they were never imported to the UK. The V6 model is also an automatic which doesn`t suit a lot of Italian car owners as they prefer to drive "properly" B)

Its quite a nice mafia type car though. It has curtains for the rear windows which is pretty cool. Its not ferociously quick but it will get you to 60mph in just under eight seconds. And it rides like a magic carpet on the motorway.

You wont get parts for these cars at kwik fit or your local garage either. You need folk like me to keep you right <_<

It was a Swiss import and he had bother getting a quote because they were never imported to the UK. The V6 model is also an automatic which doesn`t suit a lot of Italian car owners as they prefer to drive "properly" B)

Its quite a nice mafia type car though. It has curtains for the rear windows which is pretty cool. Its not ferociously quick but it will get you to 60mph in just under eight seconds. And it rides like a magic carpet on the motorway.

You wont get parts for these cars at kwik fit or your local garage either. You need folk like me to keep you right <_<

Ach I prefer right hand drive and manual gearbox...8 seconds sounds magic though, I reckon my current engine (rebuilt by mine own hands) can get me from 0 to 60 in a minute and a half or so, if I try and thrash it. It will not be going through another MOT.

Ill probably end up with a crappy Ford Ka with a knocking noise coming from the engine or something like that. :(

Ach I prefer right hand drive and manual gearbox...8 seconds sounds magic though, I reckon my current engine (rebuilt by mine own hands) can get me from 0 to 60 in a minute and a half or so, if I try and thrash it. It will not be going through another MOT.

Ill probably end up with a crappy Ford Ka with a knocking noise coming from the engine or something like that. :(

My Integrale could hit sixty in just over five seconds and a hundred in not much over twelve. It was Ferrari money to run the thing though :(

Once I get the head rebuilt on my Thema I might shift it on. It`s a `94 series three regulation two litre 185bhp. Suede interior ,sun roof ,reasonably well looked after but its had kids in it... :lol: . Electric everything but it doesnt have air conditioning which is a good thing. I hate air con as it dries up my contact lenses B) . The insurance is group 18 out of twenty on these things though so its always hefty.

I had a Lancia Fulvia 1.3 once and it was group twenty :blink: . Same as a Porsche 911 and any Ferrari :lol:

My Integrale could hit sixty in just over five seconds and a hundred in not much over twelve. It was Ferrari money to run the thing though :(

Once I get the head rebuilt on my Thema I might shift it on. It`s a `94 series three regulation two litre 185bhp. Suede interior ,sun roof ,reasonably well looked after but its had kids in it... :lol: . Electric everything but it doesnt have air conditioning which is a good thing. I hate air con as it dries up my contact lenses B) . The insurance is group 18 out of twenty on these things though so its always hefty.

I had a Lancia Fulvia 1.3 once and it was group twenty :blink: . Same as a Porsche 911 and any Ferrari :lol:

You really know how to sell people on the joys of Lancia ownership! :lol:

Still, at least your Zafira will not cost too much to insure.