Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm still waiting to actually get out of the flat at some point today, but the weather is that bad, I don't think it's going to happen. :(

It's shite down here in Greenock as well.

I don't actually mind the wind and the rain so much, but I have an irrational fear of being killed by a loose roof slate, of which there are several around here.

It's shite down here in Greenock as well.

I don't actually mind the wind and the rain so much, but I have an irrational fear of being killed by a loose roof slate, of which there are several around here.

Your every day drizzly rain doesn't bother me at all, but I have the same fear of being hit by a roof slate as you, and I don't find it irrational in the slightest! It's when it's sheets of rain, like it is now, that I refuse to go out. My coat doesn't stand up to this weather at all.

Your every day drizzly rain doesn't bother me at all, but I have the same fear of being hit by a roof slate as you, and I don't find it irrational in the slightest! It's when it's sheets of rain, like it is now, that I refuse to go out. My coat doesn't stand up to this weather at all.

OK well, not irrational, but certainly extreme :P

Neither my coat nor my car are effective against this weather, either. My car leaks and my coat's thin. Plus I spilled toothpaste on it so it looks a wee bit like I've been suggin' cock.

Neither my coat nor my car are effective against this weather, either. My car leaks and my coat's thin. Plus I spilled toothpaste on it so it looks a wee bit like I've been suggin' cock.

:lol: My buttons are starting to come off my coat, I've had it that long. :(

:lol: My buttons are starting to come off my coat, I've had it that long. :(

Can I suggest the concept of multiple coats?

Perhaps I should explain. Only one coat is worn at a time, but each is selected dependant on the weather conditions ;)

Ah, but I have two other coats, but neither of them is any good in this weather. What I really need is a new winter/wet weather coat. :(

Are you buying? :P

Exactly! :lol:

Right, my coats are thus:

One winter one, which is old and rubbish, and more ineffective every day.

One casual jacket, which can go spring through to autumn.

One "nice" jacket that I wear to interviews, nights out in spring/summer.

There's no point me hinting at Adam, I'm just not going to get one! :lol:

Passed my driving test the other day but can't drive as I have no car or insurance. Still having to use pishy public transport is a right kick in the stones :angry:

Congrats on passing your test! If it makes you feel any better, it was four years after I passed my test before I got put on someone else's insurance and it was 6 before I got a car of my own.

Congrats on passing your test! If it makes you feel any better, it was four years after I passed my test before I got put on someone else's insurance and it was 6 before I got a car of my own.

Thanks :D I'm just really frustrated because I was so happy about passing yesterday but got near drowned waiting for busses today. All I was thinking was I could be in a nice warm car right now :rolleyes:

Hopefully my dad will take pity on me sometime soon and agree to go as guarantor so I can buy a car on finance :P

Ooft, I hate when things like that happen. I saw an accident quite recently and one of the drivers was in a pretty bad way and it really makes you stop and think.

My pal came into work tonight and told me that he heard on the radio that it ended up as a five car pile up!

I'm glad I got out of there anyway. :o

I was 4 yrs after my test before I drove again (on parents insurance for 4-5 weeks)

It'll be 5 years in Sept and I hope I don't own a car by then.