Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I have to leave for an interview in about 15 minutes, I can't find a shirt/blouse to wear as all mine are short-sleeved, and thanks to the blood tests I've been having, I have needle tracks on both arms, so I'm having to wear a long sleeved-top, which is nice, but I think something more professional looking would have been better. I'm wearing heels I can't walk in because I'm a short-arse and my trousers are so long I couldn't wear lower ones. This is going to be a disaster. That said, so was my last interview and I got the job. :lol:

I have to leave for an interview in about 15 minutes, I can't find a shirt/blouse to wear as all mine are short-sleeved, and thanks to the blood tests I've been having, I have needle tracks on both arms, so I'm having to wear a long sleeved-top, which is nice, but I think something more professional looking would have been better. I'm wearing heels I can't walk in because I'm a short-arse and my trousers are so long I couldn't wear lower ones. This is going to be a disaster. That said, so was my last interview and I got the job. :lol:

Good luck with that! Rain is annoying me today. Usually I don't mind a bit of rain but today... nah!

Good luck with that! Rain is annoying me today. Usually I don't mind a bit of rain but today... nah!

Thanks! It actually went not too badly considering I arrived looking windswept and damp. Just have to wait and see if I get an email about personality profiling (policy to do so apparently) and a second interview, but I have a good feeling about it. It was a decent interview, no awkward silence, had answers and examples to everything asked, and it was friendly and fairly relaxed, rather than feeling like I was being interrogated.

Thanks! It actually went not too badly considering I arrived looking windswept and damp. Just have to wait and see if I get an email about personality profiling (policy to do so apparently) and a second interview, but I have a good feeling about it. It was a decent interview, no awkward silence, had answers and examples to everything asked, and it was friendly and fairly relaxed, rather than feeling like I was being interrogated.

Ach well, there's always next time. ;)

One of the things I love seeing is people getting unintentionally splashed from cars and buses going through puddles. It always raises a chuckle when some idiot strays too close to the pavement and gets their jeans wet.

You can probably guess where this is going...

I was reaching into my bag to get out a sandwich and a Clio skiffed a puddle sending mocket Cathedral Street water all over me. I'm not sure what i'm more pissed off about, the fact that I got wet or that my sandwich was ruined. It looked a good fucking sandwich.

Karma.

How long does a speeding fine/letter take to come through the post? I got 'flashed' last Sunday morning and haven't heard anything back yet.

Whereabouts was it Fudge mate? When I got mine it was on the Tuesday night and came through the following Tuesday.

One of the things I love seeing is people getting unintentionally splashed from cars and buses going through puddles. It always raises a chuckle when some idiot strays too close to the pavement and gets their jeans wet.

You can probably guess where this is going...

I was reaching into my bag to get out a sandwich and a Clio skiffed a puddle sending mocket Cathedral Street water all over me. I'm not sure what i'm more pissed off about, the fact that I got wet or that my sandwich was ruined. It looked a good fucking sandwich.

Karma.

I hope you still ate the fucking sandwich.

Whereabouts was it Fudge mate? When I got mine it was on the Tuesday night and came through the following Tuesday.

Somewhere on the outskirts of Glasgow heading towards Loch Lomond.

I was doing about 45, but I'm unsure if it was a 30 or 40 zone. It was 8am and I wasn't paying attention.

How long does a speeding fine/letter take to come through the post? I got 'flashed' last Sunday morning and haven't heard anything back yet.

They have 14 days from the date of the offence to post you the prosecution notice, otherwise it's invalid. This website is really good for information.

Somewhere on the outskirts of Glasgow heading towards Loch Lomond.

I was doing about 45, but I'm unsure if it was a 30 or 40 zone. It was 8am and I wasn't paying attention.

Just before you get to Dumbarton? Cos it's a 30 there I'm pretty sure mate.

On that note as well, are you going to the game tonight?

Just before you get to Dumbarton? Cos it's a 30 there I'm pretty sure mate.

On that note as well, are you going to the game tonight?

Nah, I think it was near Milgavie somewhere, just as you get out of the Glasgow City boundary.

The game tonight is off, and the replay is taking place when I'm in Majorca. :(

I never saw the speed camera at all, I only saw the flash. My mate said the camera was on the other side of the road, and not painted in the red/yellow luminous stripes, but when we went passed it and he looked back, it was painted on the othersode, so you could see if had you been coming in the opposite direction.

Nah, I think it was near Milgavie somewhere, just as you get out of the Glasgow City boundary.

The game tonight is off, and the replay is taking place when I'm in Majorca. :(

I never saw the speed camera at all, I only saw the flash. My mate said the camera was on the other side of the road, and not painted in the red/yellow luminous stripes, but when we went passed it and he looked back, it was painted on the othersode, so you could see if had you been coming in the opposite direction.

I think you'll be fine then. I once got a letter in accusing me of doing 47mph through the one at Moodiesburn in my BMW Z4 :blink:

Politley called them and told them either to send me a Z4 and I'd take the fine or to piss off and stop annoying me.