Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm convinced Graham Lineham and Arthur Mathews must have lived in my area years ago and were inspired to write about "The magic road" as a result of this particular street. 

I sometimes drive down it to get home and if it's after the school run (no idea why it seems to only be around this time), without fail* there will be someone walking down this road. Yesterday it was a lassie with a buggy and today it was two women with a young lassie (not having her hand held). I've driven down it and there's been a wheelchair cruising down the road as well. It's normally buggies though and more often than not, with their back to the traffic. 

There's a path on the other side ffs! If it was a particularly rough path or one known to be covered in dog shite I'd maybe understand but as paths go it's absolutely fine for a buggy/pram. It genuinely baffles me why folk feel the need to put themselves at risk rather than walk down a path. 

* I'm not exaggerating with this. I've never driven down it after the school run and there hasn't been someone walking in the middle of the road. 

Screenshot_20240501-091130.png

Dashcam pics or gtf

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Dashcam pics or gtf

Both my dashcam and camera are in desperate need of upgrading so apologies for the shite quality, though I'm sure you can see what I mean. In both cases they were in the middle of the road but there's no chance of seeing that for the reasons I've just said. Forgot about the dog yesterday!  

IMG_20240501_093044224.thumb.jpg.728c0d25235450ce2428c88810804baa.jpgIMG_20240501_093201393.thumb.jpg.23181d7996165654d52469bd467c435a.jpg

Edited by 19QOS19

Back to getting this shitty tearing or whatever it is, no matter what browser I use now. Only seems to be on this site which is pretty weird, but guessing it's got to be some setting/compatability issue with my phone.

Fine on homepage and when I click on a specific thread, only happens when browsing to select topics within individual forums eg Premiership, Gen Nonsense etc. More rage inducing than petty tbqhwy when you're a technophobe auld duffer like me.

Screenshot_20240502_135200_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.32d4b3adab5d4334a91e4583a785042c.jpg

Virgin Media send me an email that my contract's up and the price has went up £25, but if I was a new customer I'd get it for £40 cheaper than the new price (15 cheaper than what I was previously). Phoned them yesterday to say new price was too much, guy offers me adding Sky Sports for new price +£2 which is maybe a good deal but in no way cheaper than the new price.

Also I have TV, broadband and phoneline with them, as well as an addon for Sky Movies. According to their system if I took off the phoneline (which I have never used as I physically don't have a house phone) and the Sky Movies it would cost even more. Somehow this package and the phoneline is -£40. One of the rare instances of a company paying you to use their services.

Guy confirms cheaper price for new customers but can't do anything to match it despite me being with them for over 12 years. Says another company "will give you a discount but then that will end and you will pay new price". Clearly the best bet is to keep switching every 2yrs.

When referring to the Aston Villa player Morgan Rogers, both of the commentators are saying Rogiss. 

Oh No Reaction GIF by vrt

Also went ≠ gone

1 hour ago, AnderooMFC said:

Virgin Media send me an email that my contract's up and the price has went up £25, but if I was a new customer I'd get it for £40 cheaper than the new price (15 cheaper than what I was previously). Phoned them yesterday to say new price was too much, guy offers me adding Sky Sports for new price +£2 which is maybe a good deal but in no way cheaper than the new price.

Also I have TV, broadband and phoneline with them, as well as an addon for Sky Movies. According to their system if I took off the phoneline (which I have never used as I physically don't have a house phone) and the Sky Movies it would cost even more. Somehow this package and the phoneline is -£40. One of the rare instances of a company paying you to use their services.

Guy confirms cheaper price for new customers but can't do anything to match it despite me being with them for over 12 years. Says another company "will give you a discount but then that will end and you will pay new price". Clearly the best bet is to keep switching every 2yrs.

I had similar although I've only been a customer for 18mths. Broadband contract was £27 per month which did me fine and had no issues. Received an email saying it would go to £50 per month. Gave them a phone and was speaking to an offshore call centre, was offered £42 with basic TV package and a landline, told the guy I didn't want TV or a landline, he went away again and came back to tell me he'd use his "personal discount" to bring it down  to £40 per month for broadband. Politely told him to bolt and he said he'd get me through to the disconnection team. Five minutes later call was picked up by someone with a broad Fife accent, within two minutes got my current package for a couple of quid over what I'm paying just now.

Absolute chancers, just have to persevere or look around for a better deal 

Saw a good tweet a week or two ago, roughly along the lines of "one of the most exhausting things about modern life is phoning up Sky every 18 months and pretending you're going to leave so you can keep paying the same amount for your broadband." The system's a nonsense.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Saw a good tweet a week or two ago, roughly along the lines of "one of the most exhausting things about modern life is phoning up Sky every 18 months and pretending you're going to leave so you can keep paying the same amount for your broadband." The system's a nonsense.

I do it every 18 months  and always go straight through to retentions (I have their number saved) and never pretend I'm going to leave. I did it a couple of days ago as my package was going to increase by £30 odd per month. I didn't say I was wanting to leave, just that I wanted the price lower. A few minutes speaking to the guy with the Glasgow accent, and the new price for the next 18 months is what I had been paying. I asked him why I had to keep doing this, and his explanation was that the lower price was due to offers which are for a fixed period and tie you into a new 18 month contract, and they are not allowed to automatically reapply reductions after 18 months due to them requiring a new contract lock-in.

Years ago I did try to get a price reduction by threatening to get rid of Sky Sports. Rather than the woman then trying to talk me out of it by giving me a reduction, she simply went " that's it cancelled" and a few minutes later my sports channels went blank.

2 minutes ago, PogoStick said:

Aye I do the sky haggle every 18 months too, I’ve always received another discount except once like yourself. It does seem to be getting harder though.

Not sure when you last re contracted but latest ploy to watch out for is after agreeing to the discount they then try to charge you a £10 ‘admin fee’ for the privilege of you extending your contract. I told them to poke it with mine but there was no budging when trying to sort out my folks contract. I guess this is their way of clawing back money as surely everyone is wise to phoning up for discount by now.

Pity there’s not a law like there is now with insurance to prevent this carry on.

I've found the trick is to get the Scottish based retentions team who are always very helpful, unlike the normal customer service team who are there to sell you stuff, not save you money. I re-contracted 2 days ago, and no admin fees.

With Virgin Media, last time I signed up to them they gave me something like an £80 a month discount if I took out an O2 phone package.. That costs £30 a month. Got a sim card sitting in a drawer. 

I'm paying £91 a month for TV, broadband, landline, sky cinema, sky movies, plus this £30 mobile contract. So £121 in total for the lot. 

16 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

With Virgin Media, last time I signed up to them they gave me something like an £80 a month discount if I took out an O2 phone package.. That costs £30 a month. Got a sim card sitting in a drawer. 

I'm paying £91 a month for TV, broadband, landline, sky cinema, sky movies, plus this £30 mobile contract. So £121 in total for the lot. 

They're conning you mate, they're the same thing.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

That is not a good deal. Also movies and cinema are the same thing.

I pay Sky £92 a month for broadband, landline, HD, movies, all sports channels, netflix and both the wifes and my phone contracts

Edited by Big Bobo

35 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I pay for £75 p.m. for TV (Netflix and Cable); fiber Internet and landline but no mobile contract.  I'd say you're probably getting a better deal given the poor quality of our Cable TV.  Luckily EPL and SPFL is free on Setanta here.  

Posted (edited)

Why can't people realise that on public transport, if you eat a meal you are affecting others either by noise or smell.

Was on a flight the other day and the lad next to me brought a silver takeaway tray on with him, asked the stewardess for a fork, opened it and ate what proved to be a chinese rice thing that he had obviously prepared at home. He had just sat in the airport for at least an hour probably but decided to open and eat it on a cramped space on what was a 1 hour 5 minute flight!

Edited by jimbaxters

16 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Why can't people realise that on public transport, if you eat a meal you are affecting others either by noise or smell.

Was on a flight the other day and the lad next to me brought a silver takeaway tray on with him, asked the stewardess for a fork, opened it and ate what proved to be a chinese rice thing that he had obviously prepared at home. He had just sat in the airport for at least an hour probably but decided to open and eat it on a cramped space on what was a 1 hour 5 minute flight!

There's a percentage of people who like doing things like this because they get a kick out of irritating other people. They're trolling you.

As a society, we need to start shitting ourselves in their presence. That'll show 'em.

24 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Should have asked to borrow fork, picked your nose with it and then returned fork covered in boogies.

Only way is to out manky the manky sometimes.

11 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Should have asked to borrow fork, picked your nose with it and then returned fork covered in boogies.

Only way is to out manky the manky sometimes.

Or stabbed him in the eye with it. Either would do really

3 hours ago, Big Bobo said:

That is not a good deal. Also movies and cinema are the same thing.

I pay Sky £92 a month for broadband, landline, HD, movies, all sports channels, netflix and both the wifes and my phone contracts

You have 2 wifes??