Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Why would a toasties contain toast?

If the main contributor to a snack or meal is toast then its 'toast and *-'.

It's warmed to a stage before toast therefor its 'toastie'.

For me, and I may be wrong but I doubt it on this occasion, the difference between toast and filling and a toastie is that the edges are sealed on a toastie.  

16 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

You forgot solid gold ban hammer.

And here's me imagining it looked more like malletts' mallet, with even the same sound effect as another dafty is smacked into the abyss

The more you learn 

20 hours ago, TxRover said:

Not really…a good chunk of that is in the “and benefits”. The old agreement was headlined as providing $95,000 in pay and $50,000 in benefits…so this one will be about $115,000 in pay and $60,000 in benefits. That $95,000 also includes about 120 hours of overtime each year. A huge portion of that $60,000 will health care, and a decent chunk will be paid leave, which is counted twice.

I take on board the rest, but 120 hours overtime over a year is f**k all.

1 hour ago, milton75 said:

I take on board the rest, but 120 hours overtime over a year is f**k all.

The point remains that management is touting an unrealistic number, IMO.

The new agreement means pay will peak at $115,000…if you include using the paid leave that’s also counted in the $60,000. The health benefit will total over $25,000 alone, something few people realize. Also, this number is for very few, long-term, full-time employees who will reach $42 per hour…the majority of staff will remain part-timers getting $21 per hour.

What that means is they get less than  32 hours a week, no overtime, no health benefits, and no paid leave. That’s about $70,000 maximum ($21 per hour tops), with no benefits…which seems pretty decent, but even Walmart is offering starting pay at $15+ per hour in major cities.