Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Where did you find a pint of McEwans lager, 1989? :huh:

Twas the Universal in Glasgow. I didn't pop inot a Police box beforhand either. :P

I was astounded to find it on sale, hence why I bought a pint. The last pub I recall serving it on draught was the Craigdhu in the uber salubrious Whifflet district of Coatbridge. The replaced it with Miller or the likes around 1998.

Twas the Universal in Glasgow. I didn't pop inot a Police box beforhand either. :P

I was astounded to find it on sale, hence why I bought a pint. The last pub I recall serving it on draught was the Craigdhu in the uber salubrious Whifflet district of Coatbridge. The replaced it with Miller or the likes around 1998.

As bad as it is, I'd do that too, just to see if it is still as utterly disgusting as it always was.

So, how bad was it?

As bad as it is, I'd do that too, just to see if it is still as utterly disgusting as it always was.

So, how bad was it?

By comparison to the w@nky premium lagers I normally drink, it wasn't great, but it stood up well compared to the Tennent's I had (£1.50 a pint. :D ) in an earlier pub.

In the cooking lager league table, I'd place it below Tennent's but comfortably ahead of Carling, Fosters, Miller and the likes. A solid 6/10.

Edited by wearealldoomed

By comparison to the w@nky premium lagers I normally drink, it wasn't great, but it stood up well compared to the Tennent's I had (£1.50 a pint. :D ) in an earlier pub.

In the cooking lager league table, I'd place it below Tennent's but comfortably ahead of Carling, Fosters, Miller and the likes. A solid 6/10.

In terms of cooking lagers I'd put Carling just ahead of Tennents, with Miller, Fosters and co. all way behind those two.

As I say, it tasted a lot better than I remember from my drinking apprenticeship in the late 90s. That said, I had consumed 6 pints prior to ordering it, so may have been overcome by nostalgia at that point.

There's a crap Hard Rock Cafe-style place in McArthur Glen in Livingston called the Chicago Rock Cafe (see what they did there?) that, for a time (doubt they still do it) served pish lagers for £1.20 a pint.

One time it was McEwan's Lager and I have to say it wasn't too bad.

Oh, and mine:

I have a 1,000 word essay due in for Friday. I know exactly what I'm writing, I know it'll only take me about an hour tops to type, but I just can't be arsed getting started :lol:

Guest The Phoenix
I thought we'd eradicated it, like Typhus and Polio.

Aren't they both still about? :unsure:

Xbl drinks the former and he used to drive the latter.

In terms of cooking lagers I'd put Carling just ahead of Tennents, with Miller, Fosters and co. all way behind those two.

Carling when served nigh on freezing is surprisingly OK. I was probably doing it a diss-ervice in grouping it along with that other guff.

Carlsberg and XXXX are proably the worst of the lot. Strange that, as Carslberg Export is not bad at all.

Edited for spelling and to include Skol, the daddy of all cooking lagers. I'm convinced only the ethnic minority owned grocer's near my mate's flat in Airdrie sells this anymore.

There's a crap Hard Rock Cafe-style place in McArthur Glen in Livingston called the Chicago Rock Cafe (see what they did there?) that, for a time (doubt they still do it) served pish lagers for £1.20 a pint.

One time it was McEwan's Lager and I have to say it wasn't too bad.

There appear to be a chain of those places in shitty proviincial English towns. "Chicago Rock Cafe" was a very popular location amongst applications for Criminal Injuries Compensation when I did that job.

At £1.20 a pint for the cooking lager of the week, I'm not surprised every 2nd night seems to degenerate into a barney there.

Edited by wearealldoomed

There appear to be a chain of those places in shitty proviincial English towns. "Chicago Rock Cafe" was a very popular location amongst applications for Criminal Injuries Compensation when I did that job.

At £1.20 a pint for the cooking lager of the week, I'm not surprised every 2nd night seems to degenerate into a barney there.

The one in Bristol was horrible. What I found odd was it occupied quite an exclusive and what I can imagine is a pricey bit of land. I used to DJ at a bar down from it and whenever people would get thrown out they'd make their way down the strip, attempting to get into every place on the way and inevitably having a bit of a ruck with the bouncer at each door.

Edited by breakingdecency

68 people so far have witnessed my total incompetence on the 'New Topic Complaints' thread. :ph34r:

Oooohhh, the shame..... :(:lol:

I just keep going in to have a look and knock the total up by one....

I parked my car in Greenock town center today, went and cashed a cheque, went back to the car. Opened the car, sat in it and as I sat in it I touched the steering wheel and the c**t locked. I tried the usual procedure of putting the key in the ignition and wiggling the steering wheel. Fail.

I'm going to fucking kill someone.

As I say, it tasted a lot better than I remember from my drinking apprenticeship in the late 90s. That said, I had consumed 6 pints prior to ordering it, so may have been overcome by nostalgia at that point.

McEwan's is the worst thing.....ever. There are several rotten drinks you can have pints of....but McEwan's tops the shite pile. Next is Carlsberg, that is simply a shite beer.

Who makes this shit? And how do they pass all the restrictions for health and safety and all that shit?

Guest The Phoenix

Anyone fancy an argument? :unsure:

I'm up for one after another shitty day at the office.

Example:

Boss: "Do we have any space in any of our offices?

Me: "Yes but only in Stirling, Dundee and Falkirk.

Boss: "Ok, let me know where I can put 30 staff in Fife"

<_<:death

We have a new error message at work that I was able to work around until tonight when I just couldn't solve it. Called the escalation team a few times regarding the problem and sent them an e-form documenting the problem and then had it pointed out to me that we got an e-mail regarding new diagnostics for the fault.

Went into a 5 minute rant in front of my whole team and argued with them about how they all had a different e-mail to me and how much I was pissed off that I'd been wasting time trying to go another route because I hadn't been sent the appropriate e-mail.

Then I found the e-mail that they were talking about. Very embarrassing, made a total c**t of myself. :(:lol:

Going to bed feeling wiped after a long day at work, followed by a gruelling session at the gym. Just staying awake long enough to see the outcome of the Champions League games to find you can't bloody sleep :angry:

I'm shattered. If I'm crabbit during the course of the day, then f**k OFF!!!!! :angry: