N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Clemmenson gets a shout-out as Devils beat Bruins 1-0. Great result and looking good for the division title now. Don't think Thomas in goal for Bruins will be too happy about the cheap goal. Two tough defences tonight.

Sharks next and they're in another hard game just now but have come back from 4-1 down to tie at Buffalo.

No action was taken concerning Phaneuf's blatant elbow to Ebbett.

Ebbett had his head down, but Phaneuf clearly raises his elbow. It's illegal, and if a player like Pronger or Avery did it, it would have definitely been a suspension.

Absolutely ridiculous that he gets away with this. I wish we had a GM that would call the league out on this shit. Calgary announcers were (surprisingly) defending the no call. The third replay really shows that Phaneuf raises his elbow to the face of Ebbett right before the hit instead of hitting him legally with the shoulder.

Good on Ryan and Pronger for stepping in after that. Phaneuf heard boos all night after that one.

Ah shut the f**k up and stop whining he barely touched him. :D;):P

Because of course if it was a Fucks player that done it to a Flames player you'd be saying "Oh yeah definitely a use of the elbow there" wouldn't you?

Ah shut the f**k up and stop whining he barely touched him. :D;):P

Because of course if it was a Fucks player that done it to a Flames player you'd be saying "Oh yeah definitely a use of the elbow there" wouldn't you?

Um, I don't know what you're getting to and if you're serious or not.

I support ANY suspension if the player illegally put another player in danger. Regardless of the team they play for.

Phaneuf raised his elbow, illegally hit another player and broke his nose. Luckily that was the only damage done because an Elbow to the head at that speed is VERY FREAKING DANGEROUS. That's why it's, you know, illegal. It's also why I supported Corey Perry's, a Ducks player, suspension for an elbow hit earlier this year.

My bias in this case only comes in at the point where I want our GM to do something, and the league to stop their own player bias.

Um, I don't know what you're getting to and if you're serious or not.

I support ANY suspension if the player illegally put another player in danger. Regardless of the team they play for.

Phaneuf raised his elbow, illegally hit another player and broke his nose. Luckily that was the only damage done because an Elbow to the head at that speed is VERY FREAKING DANGEROUS. That's why it's, you know, illegal. It's also why I supported Corey Perry's, a Ducks player, suspension for an elbow hit earlier this year.

My bias in this case only comes in at the point where I want our GM to do something, and the league to stop their own player bias.

Yeah I was being sarcastic, do they not have that in America?

I also don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be.

Flames won 7-5 last night, they were 7-3 up <_< But the win was the important thing.

Its eh 6-1 to the Thrashers right now against the Ducks :o:lol: B) :D

Edited by Dr. Jan Itor

Yeah I was being sarcastic, do they not have that in America?

I also don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be.

Flames won 7-5 last night, they were 7-3 up <_< But the win was the important thing.

Its eh 6-1 to the Thrashers right now against the Ducks :o:lol: B) :D

We've got a bit of it, but occasionally tone is lost in translation to text. ;)

Why is it not as bad as I think it is? It's dangerous. He broke a players nose illegally and could have done much, much more because he did not have the discipline to keep himself from making an illegal hit. The sport is dangerous enough as it is, and illegal, dangerous play should be punished.

Bias aside, Phaneuf put a player in serious danger illegally. There is no logical argument against that and I can guarantee that every hockey player in the world does not want to have a player get away with dirty play like this.

All that being said, tonight was a proper nightmare. It was pretty blatant that it was going to be a long night with all the penalty trouble in the first.

Ducks will be selling at the trade deadline I think. Murray will remain silent, Carlyle will remain incompetent.

Pens have fired Therrien. Pretty shocked by this, I know they're having a terrible year considering the talent they have at their disposal but the push for Hossa has ended up costing them a bit this year along with a general Stanley Cup hangover. Thought he deserved more time but then I've not been following it that closely.

PS Canucks beat Habs 4-2 :D

Edited by Virtual Insanity

A very high scoring weekend. Two great results for Devils to beat Bruins and Sharks both by a goal. Very hard earned wins with tense finishes. Ridiculous number of soft penalties yesterday v Sharks. Cost both sides goals.

Watched Rangers getting slaughtered again before the Devils match. They really are rank rotten. Didn't think anyone would be sacked before Renney!

A very high scoring weekend. Two great results for Devils to beat Bruins and Sharks both by a goal. Very hard earned wins with tense finishes. Ridiculous number of soft penalties yesterday v Sharks. Cost both sides goals.

Watched Rangers getting slaughtered again before the Devils match. They really are rank rotten. Didn't think anyone would be sacked before Renney!

Philly put 5 past both NY RAngers and the Islanders over the weekend. They are hitting form again it seems, and have a few guys back from injury.

Not surprised by Therrien's departure, if anything I'm surprised it took so long, although I'm not saying I agree with it. Maybe this is the kick up the arse that the players need to get them going. It's going to be an interesting finish to the season.

And there's goes Pittsburgh from the playoff race I'd imagine. Late season coaching changes rarely do any good.

I can't imagine Anaheim making the playoffs at this point, either. It's looking really bleak. :(

Atlanta put up 15 goals against the Southern Californian teams in back-to-back games. :rolleyes:

And there's goes Pittsburgh from the playoff race I'd imagine. Late season coaching changes rarely do any good.

I can't imagine Anaheim making the playoffs at this point, either. It's looking really bleak. :(

Atlanta put up 15 goals against the Southern Californian teams in back-to-back games. :rolleyes:

Did you see their game against the Kings? It was awesome!

Did you see their game against the Kings? It was awesome!

I did, but was gutted when LA scored with 5 seconds to go. That's two games in a row I've sat at home hoping to see them lose and they squeeze in a point. If they go to the playoffs and Anaheim don't, I'm not talking to anyone for weeks.

Kovalchuk is ridiculous, though. He lets off the most amazing one-timers. If he is set up well, he'll put it in the back of the net.

And Stamkos' 3 goals is nearly half of his season total. :lol:

I did, but was gutted when LA scored with 5 seconds to go. That's two games in a row I've sat at home hoping to see them lose and they squeeze in a point. If they go to the playoffs and Anaheim don't, I'm not talking to anyone for weeks.

Kovalchuk is ridiculous, though. He lets off the most amazing one-timers. If he is set up well, he'll put it in the back of the net.

And Stamkos' 3 goals is nearly half of his season total. :lol:

:lol:

Aye <_<

Yeah, is it ten for the season?