The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<h3 class="headline" id="headline">THE NIGHT THE CHANT WAS COINED </h3>

The ultimate Father's Day gift for any Leeds fan... 0,,10273~6068807,00.jpg You've heard all about, you've read all about it, maybe you were even there - but now we are offering you the opportunity to see the 1975 European Cup Final clash against Bayern Munich in full.

It was the night the chant "We are the champions, champions of Europe" was coined, and now you can see why by watching the full 90 minutes of our one and only appearance in the final of Europe's premier club competition.

John Helm takes you back in time to 1975 before David Coleman and Don Revie guide you through all the action as happened in Paris that night.

This is the first time the game has ever been released in full on DVD, and copies will be available to buy during the week leading up to Father's Day on Sunday June 21. Keep checking leedsunited.com for release date.

The European Cup Final is the second DVD release of the summer from LUTV with Fortress Elland Road - The 2008/09 Season Review - now available at the Elland Road Superstore.

Fortress Elland Road follows the season step-by-step and the two-hour long production features every one of our 101 goals scored in all competitions, plus all the reaction to the key moments of the season.

LUTV are currently working on a third release of the year, with a 20th anniversary celebration of the 1989/90 season due to hit the shelves before the end of the year.

<h3 class="headline" id="headline">THE NIGHT THE CHANT WAS COINED </h3>

The ultimate Father's Day gift for any Leeds fan... 0,,10273~6068807,00.jpg You've heard all about, you've read all about it, maybe you were even there - but now we are offering you the opportunity to see the 1975 European Cup Final clash against Bayern Munich in full.

It was the night the chant "We are the champions, champions of Europe" was coined, and now you can see why by watching the full 90 minutes of our one and only appearance in the final of Europe's premier club competition.

John Helm takes you back in time to 1975 before David Coleman and Don Revie guide you through all the action as happened in Paris that night.

This is the first time the game has ever been released in full on DVD, and copies will be available to buy during the week leading up to Father's Day on Sunday June 21. Keep checking leedsunited.com for release date.

The European Cup Final is the second DVD release of the summer from LUTV with Fortress Elland Road - The 2008/09 Season Review - now available at the Elland Road Superstore.

Fortress Elland Road follows the season step-by-step and the two-hour long production features every one of our 101 goals scored in all competitions, plus all the reaction to the key moments of the season.

LUTV are currently working on a third release of the year, with a 20th anniversary celebration of the 1989/90 season due to hit the shelves before the end of the year.

Can't say I'd want a DVD of a final my team had lost regardless of how historical it was :lol:

• 1 month later...
Leeds have sold out the initial 2000 ticket allocation for tomorrow night's match v the barcodes; it's now pay at the gate (thank f as I did not apply!). Looking forward to the match, and am sure that smiffy will get a warm welcome.

What I can't understand is why Newcastle agreed to host this in the first place.

Usually, sides from a lower league play at home, if only to draw a crowd.

It makes as much sense as Aberdeen hosting Ross County up here.

Of course, there is the nutter fest to take into account ;)

What I can't understand is why Newcastle agreed to host this in the first place.

Usually, sides from a lower league play at home, if only to draw a crowd.

It makes as much sense as Aberdeen hosting Ross County up here.

Of course, there is the nutter fest to take into account ;)

Because nobody is running the club properly. f**k knows who makes the decisions at St James' these days.

I'm not too awfully keen on your team of choice either.

My goodness me if St.Mirren get relegated I will be a chuckling bear so I will, yes I will.

That was a little like being savaged by an arthritic sheep. I would guess. At least , it took me nearly three months to notice.

The Big Chair is so right about St Johnsone. Vanilla team.

Now, where were we...ah yes. Leeds. I fucking hate Leeds. :D

• 2 weeks later...