The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Would probably have been better off without him today...just the 2 own goals.

Really??

Who would you replace him with Bromby??

1st goal great finish from Nugent.

2nd Goal missed as stewards in N11 decided to lay down the law.

3rd Goal total f**k up between CB and Keeper. If the Keeper had called it as ""his ball" we'd of got 3 points today.

Seem to remember a carbon copy of today's 3rd earlier this season, that time Alex Bruce was the CB, do you remember that game?

I've said before the back 4 is LUFC's Achilles' heel & needs attention however IMO we have looked stronger with OB in the back 4. OB didn't play at Leicester and we let an away lead slip then. Whats your opinion of OB?

Edited by repeat_offender

Really??

Who would you replace him with Bromby??

1st goal great finish from Nugent.

2nd Goal missed as stewards in N11 decided to lay down the law.

3rd Goal total f**k up between CB and Keeper. If the Keeper had called it as ""his ball" we'd of got 3 points today.

Seem to remember a carbon copy of today's 3rd earlier this season, that time Alex Bruce was the CB, do you remember that game?

I've said before the back 4 is LUFC's Achilles' heel & needs attention however IMO we have looked stronger with OB in the back 4. OB didn't play at Leicester and we let an away lead slip then. Whats your opinion of OB?

I don't support Leeds, so you've just wasted your time typing that, sorry. ^_^

I don't support Leeds, so you've just wasted your time typing that, sorry. happy.gif

I'm afraid after reading your intial post I'd already assumed you hadn't seen Leeds pre O'Brien's inclusion, hadn't seen Leeds with O'Brien & hadn't seen the fixture in question.

If challenging ill informed posts is wasting time I'm guilty as charged m'lud. However sombody who takes the time to post Ill informed comment is guilty of time wasting to another level completely IMO.

Anyway time to go 1 o'clock kick off today.

O'Brien set to become first January signing...

Central defender Andy O'Brien will make his move to Leeds United from Bolton Wanderers permanent in January.

United chairman Ken Bates revealed on LUTV ahead of the New Year's Day game against Middlesbrough that a deal has been agreed for O'Brien to join on a two-and-a-half-year contract once his current loan finishes.

The 31-year-old's current loan from Bolton is due to expire after Tuesday's trip to face Cardiff City - and his move will become permanent ahead of the weekend trip to Arsenal.

The United chairman said: "I met with Andy on Friday and despite a tempting offer from Cardiff, he has agreed to join us on a two-and-half-year deal which we are delighted about."

O'Brien has made 10 appearances since joining on loan from Bolton on loan and has impressed.

United manager Simon Grayson said the defender has been "calm and assured" and is delighted to have an agreement in place to capture the Yorkshireman.

Well done emotapplaud.gifemotapplaud.gif

Links to pages from yesterday's match day program below.

This week Ken Bates has a go at London Underground train drivers, Russia, former Ipswich Chairman David Sheepshanks, David Dein, Sepp Blatter & a couple of blokes he's currently locked in a court battle with.

Ken Bates program notes P1

Ken Bates program notes P2

Simon Grayson's program notes

Currently 1-0 to Cardiff, deflected goal from Craig Bellamy.

This game is far from over though, Leeds haven't mustered a clear cut chance of yet but the fact that Cardiff haven't kept a clean sheet for literally months, means there's going to be goals in this.

All Cardiff at the moment though. Bellamy running this match single-handedly.