The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Becchio is superb!

As is Robert Snodgrass. And Ross McCormack. And Lloyd Sam.

What a game... where to start?! Total domination of possession for the first 45 minutes, in which Palace barely had a sniff... then scored. Vaughn and Dann looked excellent but that aside they had nothing. How Leeds went in 1-0 down, and continue to trail until just before the end, I have no idea; somehow Speroni was saving most things and everything else was being disallowed/squandered!

The end was just brilliant.

Survived the drive, went down M6 and back up M1. Preferred M6 by a long way.

As is Robert Snodgrass. And Ross McCormack. And Lloyd Sam.

What a game... where to start?! Total domination of possession for the first 45 minutes, in which Palace barely had a sniff... then scored. Vaughn and Dann looked excellent but that aside they had nothing. How Leeds went in 1-0 down, and continue to trail until just before the end, I have no idea; somehow Speroni was saving most things and everything else was being disallowed/squandered!

The end was just brilliant.

Survived the drive, went down M6 and back up M1. Preferred M6 by a long way.

Pleased to hear you made it up & down in one piece AJ.

Shit 1st half but SG made the difference when he changed it round 2nd half IMO.

Pleased to hear you made it up & down in one piece AJ.

Shit 1st half but SG made the difference when he changed it round 2nd half IMO.

I totally agree.

Andy Hughes and Bradley Johnson were way off the pace today, and Max Gradel started well but fell away as soon as Palace sat in and began playing a solid counter attack... Ross McCormack changed the game, I thought, and his lay off for Becchio's goal looks better each time I see it.

Looking forward to another trip down around Easter time, hope we'll be pushing for the Palyoffs still.

Was listening to Bradley Johnson on talksport driving home today - what are Leeds fans views on the situation?

Ken Bate's programme notes certainly are inflamatory (not just about Johnson) - I presume they are always like this?

Was listening to Bradley Johnson on talksport driving home today - what are Leeds fans views on the situation?

Personally, I think Leeds is probably the upper limit of his talent... I doubt he'll get a move to the Premiership. If he does, I'd be very surprised to see him starting regularly or that; I think he is quite decent but not a stand-out.

Ken Bate's programme notes certainly are inflamatory (not just about Johnson) - I presume they are always like this?

Last weeks were quite mild, recently he's attacked the BBC, national and local government, past owners and investors, a multitude of players, national and international football administrators, managers and chairmen, specific journo's and printed media in general amongst many, many others.

The basic theme is what ever the problem is it's everybody else's fault but Ken's.

I upload the Chairman's matchday program notes along with the Managers notes for a mate who now lives abroad. There is a whole stack of Ken Bates matchday program notes here if you can be bothered to look through them http://www.scribd.co...ections/2467355

He libeled Mervin Levi in the matchday program and that cost £1.5 million, before that at Chelsea he had to settle out of court with fans after he attacked them in the match day program. His notes are a real liability IMO.

I posted this classic from Ken on another thread. It was in last Saturday's program & was spotted by a fan on another forum.

I've talked about e-mails before, how I consider them the equivalent of anonymous letters and treat them accordingly. I recieved one last week from Adam Bacon
laugh.gif

For what it's worth I don't think Bradley's performances recently warrant much of a pay rise, for my money he cost us a goal on Saturday.

A bloke in the pub summed up Bradley's inaccurate shots on goal far better than I ever could when he said "if it i'd of been Bradley Johnson holding the gun John Lennon would still be alive today".laugh.gif

That said I don't think Ken's attack in the match day program is the correct way to conduct affairs.

Edited by repeat_offender

Last weeks were quite mild, recently he's attacked the BBC, national and local government, past owners and investors, a multitude of players, national and international football administrators, managers and chairmen, specific journo's and printed media in general amongst many, many others.

The basic theme is what ever the problem is it's everybody else's fault but Ken's.

I upload the Chairman's matchday program notes along with the Managers notes for a mate who now lives abroad. There is a whole stack of Ken Bates matchday program notes here if you can be bothered to look through them http://www.scribd.co...ections/2467355

He libeled Mervin Levi in the matchday program and that cost £1.5 million, before that at Chelsea he had to settle out of court with fans after he attacked them in the match day program. His notes are a real liability IMO.

I posted this classic from Ken on another thread. It was in last Saturday's program & was spotted by a fan on another forum.

laugh.gif

For what it's worth I don't think Bradley's performances recently warrant much of a pay rise, for my money he cost us a goal on Saturday.

A bloke in the pub summed up Bradley's inaccurate shots on goal far better than I ever could when he said "if it i'd of been Bradley Johnson holding the gun John Lennon would still be alive today".laugh.gif

That said I don't think Ken's attack in the match day program is the correct way to conduct affairs.

Good stuff, cheers - I will give some of them a read.

Amazing stuff, and yet another win coming from behind, 4th place is great, QPR at home next, this next month will go a long way to deciding who the main contenders really are. If Snoddy, Howson and Becchio keep playing the way they are then I don't see why we can't win this league!

Lets not get carried away, Leeds are in form at the moment but it's a long season and they'll be plenty of twists and turns along the way.

IMO the focus should be on defence rather than midfield or attack. Andy O'Brien had improved things but the defence is far too porous & it's hard to see Leeds doing much more than making a play off place whilst they continue to ship goals.

The defence has been a lot better recently, we've gone 8 games in a row without defeat now, last home win was a month and a half ago and last away defeat will be over 2 and a half months come this weekend.

So even when the defence has been shakey at least our attack has been strong enough to neutralise matters. QPR at ER next will be a huge test on whether or not we are cut out for the top, last time Cardiff battered us, hopefully we will make it 9 without defeat, I'd take a draw in this one.

We've only managed one clean sheet in the last 13 games, if the goals dry up we're well and truly bollox'd.

That said I'd agree we look better since Andy O'Brien turned up.