Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

I had £2 on "lovelace" at 33/1 at the 2.40 at sandown on saturday, i only got £58 back instead of £67 due to "rule 4", can someone please explain what rule 4 is?

I had £2 on "lovelace" at 33/1 at the 2.40 at sandown on saturday, i only got £58 back instead of £67 due to "rule 4", can someone please explain what rule 4 is?

One of the intended runners was withdrawn prior to the race starting. Had it been significantly beforehand, then a new market would have been formed and your 66/1 shot would probably have started at 40 or 50/1. (As it arguably now has a better chance of winning.)

The punters that backed the non-participant would get refunded their stake.

So, it is to balance the books after refunding the non- participation punters.

It is a pain when your horse wins / (Places) but, you cant really argue abouit the logic.

Amanda Perratt & Tom Eaveas combo has worked well over the last week, and as I said earlier Tom Eaves is on fire.

The softning ground might catch a few out, so Im going to have a bit on "HOWARDS HOPE" in the last at Musselburgh, Each Way @ 28/1

Edited by Kayster

Just wrote long explanations as to why Im picking these two horses today and I accidentally closed my browser and lost it all :lol:

JOHNMANDERVILLE 2.30 Pontefract

ALL YOU NEED 4.15 Wolves

Two singles and a double.

Also looking out for the beautifully bred Stoute newcomer called LONDON BID in the 3pm Pontefract. On breeding this should be a right nice animal.

Just wrote long explanations as to why Im picking these two horses today and I accidentally closed my browser and lost it all :lol:

ALL YOU NEED 4.15 Wolves

Also looking out for the beautifully bred Stoute newcomer called LONDON BID in the 3pm Pontefract. On breeding this should be a right nice animal.

I have Predict in the 2.30, but going to back your one in the 4.15

ALL YOU NEED 4.15 Wolves

Cabbage,

I have All you need 4lb well in today with the dropback in trip in his favour but I am very worried about stall 10. Hopefully he can tuck in early so when he starts his late charge he is not too far back. Danger for me is Bond Becks with stable having a double yesterday and Bond Becks is bang in form and loves this surface.

I have been following trends and trainer/jockey combos in form the last few days. Managed to get an 18/1 winner on monday and a 16/1 winner last night.

No price on todays one yet as cant access betting sites. But the combo of Jim Goldie & D Tudhope has worked well recently, and they are up again in the 4:00 @ Pontefract with "JOHN KEATS".

This is Tudhopes only ride of the day, which makes it even more appealing.

Edited by Kayster

ALL YOU NEED 4.15 Wolves

A 4th and a 3rd. Baws.

Roll on Newmarket.

Im also getting on wizard looking, had a look at this earlier today.

This horse is trained by D E Catillon, who has a 22% strike rate this season. Out of his 45 runners this season, he has had 10 winners & 8 places. His last winner was when this horse won on 09/06, so should be due another win. Neil Callan is on board who has had 7 winners in his last 30 rides.

Any idea of a price?

Im also getting on wizard looking, had a look at this earlier today.

This horse is trained by D E Catillon, who has a 22% strike rate this season. Out of his 45 runners this season, he has had 10 winners & 8 places. His last winner was when this horse won on 09/06, so should be due another win. Neil Callan is on board who has had 7 winners in his last 30 rides.

Any idea of a price?

7/2 most places.

Fancy Cape Vale at 14/1 in the 2.00 at Newmarket tomorrow.

Progressive 3 year old from Dandy Nicholls Yard who has been brought along steadily this year with this race in mind. Has a perfect low draw and a fast run 6f with a stiff finish is ideal. Still ahead of the handicapper off a mark of 87 and sure to go close. Danger is Wigrams Turn who hasnt been knocked about when beaten and travels like a horse ahead of his mark I have saved on him at 34.

Pricewise has put CAPE VALE up as his selection tomorrow. :D

Fancy Cape Vale at 14/1 in the 2.00 at Newmarket tomorrow.

Progressive 3 year old from Dandy Nicholls Yard who has been brought along steadily this year with this race in mind. Has a perfect low draw and a fast run 6f with a stiff finish is ideal. Still ahead of the handicapper off a mark of 87 and sure to go close. Danger is Wigrams Turn who hasnt been knocked about when beaten and travels like a horse ahead of his mark I have saved on him at 34.

Pricewise has put CAPE VALE up as his selection tomorrow. :D

Thats it jinxed then aint it :lol:

Going to go through Newmarket tomorrow, 2 selections from each race. Might even come up with a forecast or two if Im very lucky :lol:

1.30 BADWEIA Ran well behind a horse of Roger Charltons called SCUFFLE, who I have as a very useful animal. The maiden was then broken in the next race which has been working out well. Looks very much value tomorrow at the prices.

RED DUNE This looks to have got in to this race quite cheaply and could prove to be a lot better than its handicap mark. Will likely be very short odds however, and I am willing to take him on with the previous selection. The winner will come from these two, I am quite confident about that.

2.00 Hardest race on the card I believe, and I could sit here and write about 10 of the runners quite comfortably but I will spare you :lol:

TAWAASH

GOOD GORSOON

2.35 HEART SHAPED I can forgive this horse for its last run, coming from the all conquering O'Brien stable immediately has to draw your attention to it. Its two runs previous to Royal Ascot puts him bang in contention for favouritism, I believe he should be favourite in this race. I cant have LUCKY LEIGH, it wouldnt surprise me if he ran a stinker, after running such a good race at Royal Ascot.

ART PRINCESS is good enough to run into a place at a price in this one for me.

3.10 INFALLIBLE gets his last chance at a mile for me tomorrow. Darjina has allegedly had a poor journey and is a doubt to run at all. If she runs, she will be hard to beat. There is a doubt whether INFALLIBLE gets the mile, particularly in races of this standard, Ive backed him the last twice as I was so taken with his win in the Nell Gwyn (7f) so tomorrow is judgement day for our relationship :D . Looks like Cheveley Park Stud are doing a Ballydoyle trick tomorrow, they have 3 horses in the race, two with realistic chances and the other is a 200/1 pacemaker. I think INFALLIBLE has the beating of HEAVEN SENT and hopefully he will see out the mile well and win.

KASUMI is a horse at a big price who I will be investing a few sheckles in.

3.45, havent heard anything of these youngsters, I shall be back tomorrow morning with some info hopefully. I went to Holy Rood High School so the Stoute newcomer is the choice just now :lol:

4.20 MEYDAN CITY who cost a whopping $11.7million dollars :lol: makes his second start tomorrow. This is my second choice, but I believe KING OF THE GYPSIES will take lots of beating tomorrow, was 4th in a race which is working out well and can take this.

There's my scoop 6, all the best to all playing tomorrow.

Like the look of heart shaped in the 2:35 as well cabbage, close race though.

I have had a wee scan through todays cards and have came up with a few that interest me, some may be at decent prices, but you will have to look up the prices yourself, lol!

Catterick

3:30 - "ACT SIRIUS" - 28/1

Drops back in trip, and todays ground will be exactly what it needs. Should have a good chance, with an in form jockey on board.

4:05 - "URSUS" - 6/5

Won on it's last 2 outings, one over 5f's on gd/fm, the other over 6f's on gd/sft. Today sees a combination of the 2, so the trip or ground wont be a worry. Also well treated in the weights, which should aid its bid for a treble.

Newmarket

1:30 - "SOURIRE" - 14/1

LTO was 30/09/07, @ Mussleburgh over todays distance. Won on that occasion carrying 9st 7lb's, and is down to 9st 3lb's today. Upped in class but I think is well handicapped. Trainer is in form and has Seb Sanders on board. Only worry being that it's this horse first run this season.

2:00 - "SPITFIRE" - 18/1

This one is purley base on principle, it is one of those horses that owes me nothing, and I bet on each time it is out. This horse boasts a £1 level stake of £34 over its last 10 runs, and has an E/W chance today.

3:10 - "HEAVEN SENT" - 9/2

Sorry Cabbage, Im gonna have to oppose you on this one. Heaven Sent has recent course & distance form, and goes back the winning distance of 9f's today. Also back to the same course on the same going. So due to conditions being spot on for this horse I have to side with Heaven Sent. Although there are plenty dangers, including Infallible.

4:55 - "KINGS POINT" - 5/1

Going for a double after last weeks success at Musselburgh. Jockey on board is "Ahmed Ajtebi" who is a good young up coming jockey and boasts a 29% win rate from his last 17 runs over the last 2 weeks., and will claim 5lb's today on this horse which should put him in the frame.

** Edited to add updated prices **

Edited by Kayster