Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

At the start of the week I heard the police crying out to the government for more cash. The cutbacks have hit them hard with arrests and public satisfaction  down.

Now we have the Police on a jolly in Portugal trying to Hoover up funds, well I must admit I've lost all sympathy for them if they get it.

Edited by Gaz FFC

3 minutes ago, nsr said:

I can't imagine they will be able to keep their surviving kids brainwashed forever. Eventually those two are going to start asking questions.

"Mummy, remember that night when daddy was drunk, came into our bedroom and ragdolled Maddy before hastily clearing up the blood and stashing her in the boot of the hire car?"

On 4/13/2018 at 08:46, Scary Bear said:

...anyway, 18 now. Has anyone checked Portuguese Tinder?

probably made a career for herself in those putalocura films over the last few years

at least one of the regular girls wears an eye patch - hiding a distinctive defect of the iris IMO - and if you ever want a job where people are unlikely to recognise your face (after the first few minutes, which no-one really watches anyway), it's  certainly one to consider...

3 hours ago, nsr said:

I can't imagine they will be able to keep their surviving kids brainwashed forever. Eventually those two are going to start asking questions.

Aye, can imagine another wee holiday will be getting booked when they do start asking questions.

At the start of the week I heard the police crying out to the government for more cash. The cutbacks have hit them hard with arrests and public satisfaction  down.
Now we have the Police on a jolly in Portugal trying to Hoover up funds, well I must admit I've lost all sympathy for them if they get it.

Pretty sure the funds for that investigation don’t come from the Met police budget so your point is a bit lost there.
I do agree though that the investigation should stop as they don’t keep others on this long. I can’t help but think they do perhaps have some kind of positive line of enquiry as the investigation has been allowed to go on this long, I wouldn’t be surprised if a case against the parents happened in the next few years.

39 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Pretty sure the funds for that investigation don’t come from the Met police budget so your point is a bit lost there.

It doesn't come from the MET the point is the police need more cash and when they beg the government for more cash and get it goes on this.

Can you imagine losing your kid now?

If it was me I would be demanding the same Millions spent looking for my kid that they've had for 11 years.

The precedent has been set here.

It doesn't come from the MET the point is the police need more cash and when they beg the government for more cash and get it goes on this.
Can you imagine losing your kid now?
If it was me I would be demanding the same Millions spent looking for my kid that they've had for 11 years.
The precedent has been set here.

The point being its not money from a policing budget, it can’t be spent on anything other than that enquiry, its not like they’re going to say ‘Well we’ll wind down the Mccann enquiry and just spend the rest on new motors’, thats not how ring fenced funding works. I also gather that its politicians and media pressure ensuring this enquiry continues and not the police, I think its reasonable for the Met to say ‘we cant afford to run this enquiry within our annual budget so if you want it to continue you pay’ to the government.
I do however completely agree with your point about the enquiry being a waste of time/money and that a dangerous precedent has been set, just feel your anger is misplaced.

43 minutes ago, The Marly said:
11 hours ago, GordonD said:
As has been said in the past, if the missing child was Senga McClafferty from Govan would the same effort be made?

Aww f**k, is wee Senga missing an aw?

Naw, Gerry knows where she is. 

15 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The point being its not money from a policing budget, it can’t be spent on anything other than that enquiry, its not like they’re going to say ‘Well we’ll wind down the Mccann enquiry and just spend the rest on new motors’, thats not how ring fenced funding works. I also gather that its politicians and media pressure ensuring this enquiry continues and not the police, I think its reasonable for the Met to say ‘we cant afford to run this enquiry within our annual budget so if you want it to continue you pay’ to the government.
I do however completely agree with your point about the enquiry being a waste of time/money and that a dangerous precedent has been set, just feel your anger is misplaced.

Aye but it's not ring fenced until they ring fence it.