Larsson

Guest Annfield Red

Guest Annfield Red

Surprise Surprise! No its no Cilla, but Timmy bhoy Henrik suddenly decides to play for Sweden at Euro 2004.

Just when Sweden have just played there last friendly the 'King of Queens' decides to make a comeback. Now there is no denial that he is a good player, but no-one deserves to just walk into an international team. I feel sorry for the Swedish boys who have played their part in getting Sweden to the Finals, just for Henrik to say 'Oh ah fancy a bit oh that' <_<

I certainly wouldn't like it if I was the player left out of the squad to travel to Portugal just to make way for him.

Having adopted the Swedes as my team for Euro 3004, this is both good news and bad. Good in that he's the best Swedish striker about, bad in that everyone will think i'm a closet Celtic fan if they find out who I'm supporting. :(

Guest SurreySaint

I am not a Celtic fan but wish Sweden and Larsson all the best. Must be a tremendous boost for the Swedish fans. You lot stop being so bigoted <_<

A present for you, SurreySaint:

PRESENT!

I agree, if I were the guy who is being dumped out of the squad for some johnny-come-lately, I'd be well pissed off. Outside the game, by all accounts, Henrik is a complete gentleman and a pretty sound guy, but stuff like this makes me dislike him quite a bit.

Actually, I put the blame on those tossers at the Swedish FA who came out with a gushing press release every 2 to 3 weeks saying "We'll leave the door open for Henrik until the very last minute!" It sounds to me like it would decrease morale within the loyal section of the squad <_<

Guest James the bairn
Having adopted the Swedes as my team for Euro 3004, this is both good news and bad. Good in that he's the best Swedish striker about, bad in that everyone will think i'm a closet Celtic fan if they find out who I'm supporting. :(

You're very optimistic htey'll make it then Iain, ;)

Clearly he is disappointed that nobody is actually interested in him onthe continent, where he wants to go.

Cant blame him for going but i do agree that i'd be raging if it was my place he took!

Guest SurreySaint

Leave him alone, he is a national hero. The swedish people pleaded with him to come back. What the feck has it got to do with us. <_<

Leave him alone, he is a national hero. The swedish people pleaded with him to come back. What the feck has it got to do with us. <_<

They've been pleading with him since he left. Funny he's taken so long to make up his mind. As someone mentioned earlier, I'd be raging if Duncan Ferguson tried the same thing.

I've just bought a coffee table at Ikea so I'm entitled to my opinion! :angry:

post-32-1083760878.jpg

I think the fact that every player that played in the qualifiers signed the petition to get Larsson to play, shows no one will have hard feelings.

But larsson only ca,me back to put himself in the shop window. If he had signed a pre-contract with Barcelona I seriusly doubt he would have come back.

But good luck to Sweden, if scotland don`t make it there always my adopted team.

I heard somewhere that it was his son that talked him into playing. Aye right, it was his agent! Leave the poor child out of this. He's already gonna have to grow up wi' his tongue hangin' out!

:P

Did anyone hear about lots of mothers writing to Larsson to get him to stop doing that celebration as their kids were copying it?

Yeah, I think I heard it somewhere but that was ages ago. At least we'll not have to look at it next season. Wonder if he'll do it at Barcelona? It might go down well in the cultural void that is Glasgow but I can't see it catching on in Catalonia. :lol:

post-32-1084184601.jpg

Yeah, I think I heard it somewhere but that was ages ago. At least we'll not have to look at it next season. Wonder if he'll do it at Barcelona? It might go down well in the cultural void that is Glasgow but I can't see it catching on in Catalonia. :lol:

That's assuming Larsson will be able to score goals in Spain. I'm not convinced.

Guest Bhoys67

Henrik has the right to change his mind, and he's deserves a starting position

in the Swedish team.

Archived