England V Switzerland

ICTChris

From the game between Switzerland and Croatia you'd think that they'd be pushovers for the English. Also, their results leading into the tourney weren't fantastic but look at Englands results directly before the championships;

6-1 Iceland (H)

1-1 Japan (H)

0-1 Sweden (A)

1-1 Portugal (A)

2-3 Denmark (H)

Not much to shout about apart from the Iceland game. England are always bigged up by their media and everyone buys it. Just look at SVG, Lampard, Titsley, etc after Sunday's game saying 'we'll just have to beat them in the final'.

I simply don't believe they're good enough. They're on a par with teams like Sweden or Denmark. Quarter final standard. On Sunday they scored a goal from a set-piece and Rooney had a moment of brilliance but apart from that, stubborn defending, which European teams have perfected over the years.

At the end of the day, Switzerland and Croatia know that if either of them beat England they will probably go through as the underdogs. Meanwhile, the English know that if they lose they're out. Immense pressure.

My prediction, Rooney loses the rag in one of the 2 games, gets sent off and England blow it.

Butt is out of the tournament :o

Joe Cole will probably play and he'll run rings around the Swiss defence.

Cole is a sand dancer who can't shoot and has no other final ball.

He's good at the stepovers and the other show boating but is otherwise totally over-rated.

Having watched Switz v Croatia I don't expect either of them to make much impact on the tournament, but a shock is always on the cards. If England's confidence is shot after the France game, Switz could take full advantage. Sven's boys will certainly be nervous of facing any set pieces, particularly late in the game. H Yakin has to get one on target eventually!

My prediction, Rooney loses the rag in one of the 2 games, gets sent off and England blow it.

Yip - I'd go along with that :D

Cole is a sand dancer who can't shoot and has no other final ball.

He's good at the stepovers and the other show boating but is otherwise totally over-rated

And that too. Joe Cole is rubbish - one of the most over-rated players in the English game.

Archived