Strachan Watch

Since Gordon Strachan seems to be a regular in the pundits box for Euro 2004, has anyone picked up on some of his quotes so far.

The one I heard on Sunday night's highlights show.

Gary Lineker - "So Gordon, if you were English, what formation would you play?"

Strachan - "If I was English I'd top masel.........."

I often wondered if the guys who interviewed managers after the matches for the TV actually drew straws to see who had to do Southampton's games. He was merciless with them - especially the guys whose mobile went off while asking the wee man questions.

Strachan is a really good pundit and knows the game well. Little wonder he got Southampton into a cup final and into Europe.

AT

I'm pretty sure during the half time or full time analysis of the croatia switzerland game, strachan referred to england as 'we'

Slip of the tongue. ;)

After all, Hansen has been saying it for years now. :angry:

AT

Reporter: Gordon, Do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the England squad?

Strachan: I dont care, I'm Scottish

Reporter: "Gordon, can we have a quick word please?"

Strachan: "Velocity" [walks off]

Reporter: Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?

Strachan: No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said, "No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless."

Reporter: Is that your best start to a season?

Strachan: Well I've still got a job so it's far better than the Coventry one, that's for sure.

Reporter: Are you getting where you want to be with this team?

Strachan: We're not doing bad. What do you expect us to be like? We were eighth in the league last year, in the cup final and we got into Europe.I don't know

where you expect me to get to. Do you expect us to win the Champions League?

Reporter: Gordon, you must be delighted with that result?

Strachan: You're spot on! You can read me like a book.I've got more important things to think about. I've got a yogurt to finish by today, the expiry date is today. That can be my priority rather than Agustin Delgado.

Reporter: This might sound like a daft question, but you'll be happy to get your first win under your belt, won't you?

Strachan: You're right.It is a daft question. I'm not even going to bother answering that one. It is a daft question, you're spot on there.

Reporter: Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?

Strachan: No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home,become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah.

Reporter: There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?

Strachan: Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick, down negative man, down.

Reporter: Where will Marion Pahars fit into the team line-up?

Strachan: Not telling you! It's a secret.

Reporter: You don't take losing lightly, do you Gordon?

Strachan: I don't take stupid comments lightly either.

Reporter: So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?

Strachan: What areas? Mainly that big green one out there....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last night he was asked about the Latvia v Chec game, to which he replied he hadn't a clue owing to him having been stuck ina hot and sweaty cab!!

Strachan is class !! :D I love watching the post match interviews with him cos you can tell the reporters are just dreading it !!

I remember he was linked with the celtic job when he was at coventry and when asked about the speculation he said he wouldnt be going anywhere cos he'd just had a new kitchen fitted and intended to get good use out of it. :lol:

He is great, and really understands the game and tactics. When he was talking about how to play the French you could almost see Peter Reid's head overheating, the whole depth of how he talked just went straight over the poor mans head :lol:

Reporter: There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?

Strachan: Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick, down negative man, down.

:lol::lol::lol:

Brilliant quote, don't think I'd seen that one before :lol:

Archived