Junior Cup Final Back At Ibrox

Guest naveed

I'm an ST holder at Rugby Park and was there for the Talbot v Clydebank game. daily Record had attendance as 8122 which would mean that the ground was 45% full. Didn't look like that to me!! Capacities for each stand - West Stand - 4412, East Stand - 4904, Moffat Stand - 4406, Chadwick Stand - 4406. IMO there were well over 10,000 there.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm an ST holder at Rugby Park and was there for the Talbot v Clydebank game. daily Record had attendance as 8122 which would mean that the ground was 45% full. Didn't look like that to me!! Capacities for each stand - West Stand - 4412, East Stand - 4904, Moffat Stand - 4406, Chadwick Stand - 4406. IMO there were well over 10,000 there.

Yer right mate anyone who was at that final knows the crowd was well into double figures.

The gates have been always been quoted well under what they actually are where the juniors are concerned.

I'm still quite annoyed at the SJFA for not allowing me to film it for Clydebank, when no TV companies picked up on the cup final that season, it wasn't live, and the guy they DID ask to film it for them went AWOL - AGAIN - as he always feckin' does!

Just reinforces my point - the venue must be able to cope with a 10,000+ crowd.

Which rules out St Mirren, Falkirk, Firhill for starters. Most modern grounds are souless but Falkirk is probably the worst given that the ground isn't enclosed and the main stand is bigger than the rest. Almondvale Livingston is also terrible and I don't think St Mirren is any good either. They only get a big crowd when Killie or the OF come calling so doubt they could handle a big junior final ;)

Archived