Junior Cup Final Back At Ibrox

Guest naveed

Think it should be played at a smaller ground.

I was at the 1994 final between Largs and Glenafton at Ibrox, the crowd of about 8000 looked lost in the 50,000 capacity stadium.

Were that to have been played at Rugby Park it would have looked a lot better and generated an even better atmosphere.

The capacity would have only been around 44,000 in 1994. The official attendance was nearly 9,000. 15% of the capacity used compared to 20% of the capacity used. Or 80% of the capacity not used so the point is still valid.

The SJFA really are limited in where they can hold it. It has to be big enough to accommodate a potential 10,000+ crowd. So how many grounds does that leave you with.It also has to be cheap enough. It is obvious they get a good deal at Rugby Park. I think we can safely assume if there is an Ayrshire club in the final it is going to be held at Ruby Park even if an East side probably having the bulk of the support.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about at st mirren park? Fill the 6000-7000 stadium or maybe anothe team that only has 10000 seated to give it a good atmosphere

couldnt agree more, quality wee stadium and pitch is usually perfect as well

Tayport v Lochee Utd was at Tannadice.

As a neutral (i.e. none of the teams I like are good enough to get to the Final!) I've seen Finals at Fir Park, Firhill, Rugby Park, Tannadice and East End Park. The only problem I have with Glasgow grounds is that the Glasgow police tend to treat the Cup Final as if it was an Old Firm game and come out in force whereas the polis at the other games have tended to keep a low profile and it makes for a better atmosphere in my opinion.

Actually the Cup Final should be at Easter Road/Tynecastle because I'm fed up travelling to the game from Edinburgh every season!

I think the final should be put on a ground thats roughly half way between the two finalists. Any of the senior grounds with adequate seating and facilities would do the job. Defo would NOT hold the final in Castle Greyskull or the Eastend beggardome!!

I was at the final around 3 yrs ago at East End Park when Kelty Hearts and Linlithgow were in the final and the atmosphere that day was excellent and the crowd that day was only just short of 10,000.That was a good venue as it was 2 teams from the east region so i think thats fair if it 2 teams from same area..If it were 2 teams from the west regionj it would maybe be better going to braodwood or new st mirren park where the crowd is close to the pitch and would create a good feeling about the place..

surprised no one has mentioned falkirk stadium as a final venue, slap in the middle between the east and west, great road links, penty of parking and a stadium that can hold almost 10k. okay for a ayrshire final the theatre of pies is ideal but otherwise I would go ffor falkirk

surprised no one has mentioned falkirk stadium as a final venue, slap in the middle between the east and west, great road links, penty of parking and a stadium that can hold almost 10k. okay for a ayrshire final the theatre of pies is ideal but otherwise I would go ffor falkirk

falkirk is a good one actually , there were a good few big scottish semi's years ago played at the old brockville , dont think any finals were played there though

falkirk is a good one actually , there were a good few big scottish semi's years ago played at the old brockville , dont think any finals were played there though

Talbot beat nitten in the final at brockville mate

Nothing wrong with Rugby Park as it's an Ayrshire team that's in the final most years.;)

Other suggestions are too small for a game involving two big teams.

St mirren Park only holds 8,000 and was built with clubcard vouchers so the view from the back of the stands isn't great. Not an easy place to park either and you're never sure if your car will end up in Feegie Park with it's wheels off!!

Fir Park Motherwell you're having a laugh. Too many poles obstructing your view in two of the stands. You can't see the touchline from the stand opposite the main stand. Tractor seatsfor seating in the main stand. The place is a dump.

Falkirk stadium only holds 8000 so isn't big enough. Three stands and a tent. Crowd noise gets lost from the main stand.

If it's two teams from Tayside, East of Scotland or whatever move it to a stadium in the East like Dunfermline or Falkirk.

Archived