England V Croatia

Guest Annfield Red

Guest Annfield Red

This has all the makings of a tight game, however the Croats looked good against the French and I take them to put the English out 3-1 ;)

Come On

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid the ingerlish will go through, however france should top the group so ingerland will get the harder QF against the resurgent and more confident portugese.

The greeks got torn to shreds by the russians the other night and whoever plays them in thge QF should have an easy passage into the SF.

Fingers crossed for tonight but at best it will be a score draw I'm afraid.

Well, if Croatia repeat their second half performance against France you could see them going through. England were lacklustre against the Swiss, but the Croats were very poor in their game against the Cuckoo Clocks and in the first half against France.

Agree that Prso will have a key role, but the Croat defence will have to deal with Rooney. The key to winning is the Croats getting England on teh back foot and turning their midfield - even though Beckham, Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard are excellent players they aren't really the best defensively.

All told, I'll go for a 1-1 draw, Rooney and Prso. :(

The Croats, being crafty buggers, will wind Rooney up constantly in an attempt to get him sent-off. Will he be mature enough to resist this? Don't put money on it! :D

Courtesy of Hawksbee and Jacobs on Talksport, a good Dado Prso based annecdote. By all accounts, Prso is a nice bloke, and speaks good English. The Croatian team were staying in the same hotel as some of the British journalists, and they were talking to Prso in the lobby, engaging in some friendly banter. One journo, who saw himself as a bit of a wag, said to Prso, "You are forgetting one thing - our secret weapon on the bench" "Who's that?" replied Prso. "Emile Heskey". To which Prso burst out laughing. He's obviously seen Heskey play!

Archived