England Have As Good A Chance As Anyone Now

Guest OrangeMalky

Guest OrangeMalky

So that's the Group Stages out the way, now Portugal, and there is no reason why England should fear them atall. They are not the side they were in Euro 2000, Figo has failed to live up to his pre tournament expectations like so many other big names. England are the best organised side left in the tournament so stand more than a good chance of winning it.

Unfortunately I have to agree. These damn foreigners are pish. You just can't rely on them to hump England any more. :(

Mr Pansy, its you that doesnt have a clue, I think Malky is spot on

Sigh. Actually I think it may be you who doesn't have a clue. Take it you aren't too spruced up on the knowledge of Rangers, Celtic, religion etc. are you?

Guest sons1872
Get England to f**k. I truly hope that they get turned over by the Portuguese!

I totally agree with k38jfb :angry:

Fear not England haters, all to play for ;) Lets look at the 3 games so far.....

England lost to a pretty poor French team which incidentally had them pinned back for the entire second half - the only break away they had resulted in the penalty that Mr Beckham so tragically missed.......

They beat Switzerland 3-0 with two of the goals coming in the last 15 mins against a team that had 10 men for the last 40mins and were just tired - not a convincing performance at all. The second was a tad lucky me thinks :rolleyes:

Tonight they just beat the worst Croation team in 20 years after being 1 down for 35 minutes. If the Croats hadn't taken a leaf out of Spains book and tried to defend them maybe they would have done better. However, young Rooney scored 2 cracking goals.

Portugal will be boosted by the news Pauletta is suspended. They have used their 'get out of jail free' card already and will want to make up for the disappointing first game against Greece. Ronaldo/Figo will rip the utter pash out of Neville and hopefully Nuno Gomes will show why Sol Campbell is the most over-rated piece of dung on this earth :D

England have done well to get this far but unfortunatly this is where the dream ends B) :ass

I actually agree with Malky.... get to the last 8 and anything can happen. Dont count England out, they are well organised, have decent strikers so in 90 mins of football anything can happen. Still hope portugal thump them, and Figo has to have a good game one day by the law of averages....

England have done well to get this far but unfortunatly this is where the dream ends  B)  :ass

Let's hope you're right, but imo if Portugal weren't at home, they'd be out by now as they're absolute pish. The only hope is since they are the home team, they will get a few favourable referreeing decisions.

I am soberish ( for a change )

England have as much a chance as anyone. Defensively as sound as anyone, midfield except Beckham are getting forward and Rooney is shooting from anywhere(and scoring )

Have to beware the Czech Republic.

E*****d were excellent tonight (allbeit against a poor side) Rooney is scoring for fun but their biggest test is yet to come against the hosts. With losers like James, Beckham and Terry, the E****sh will be on the next plane home :D

I see glory for Portugal on Thursday but the ultimate glory will be to the Czech Republic who are by far the best team in the competition.

Guest Bhoys67

OM-you seem to be missing the plot, England has won 2 games over really

pish sides, you have only played one real good side in the group (France)

remember how that turned out. I don't expect Portugal to be as generous

to the English as Switzerland and Croatia were. As far as Rooney goes, he gets

4 fluke goals and his transfer rises to 50 million quid? One word for that......

OVERRATED. :lol: Come on Portugal.

So that's the Group Stages out the way, now Portugal, and there is no reason why England should fear them atall. They are not the side they were in Euro 2000, Figo has failed to live up to his pre tournament expectations like so many other big names. England are the best organised side left in the tournament so stand more than a good chance of winning it.

Not saying much about Prso ya bigoted w@nk :lol:

4 fluke goals :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Some of you really are making a fool of yourselves :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Paw Broon, you claim we have only beaten 2 poor sides in the competition so far. If England had went into the tournament saying we were only playing two poor teams plus France, you and proberbly most other Scots would label us arrogant and over confident, and in the case of Son18.......whatever, a c**t. We have beaten both Swizerland and Croatia, but i suppose its too much to ask for a little credit. ARSE!!!

Guest Annfield Red

IMO ah thought England played well last night and credit where it's due. I think that England can book their place in the Semi's as IMO Portugal are nothing great.

Which would give them a Semi with the Winner of Group C Sweden :blink: , oh Christ they could win win it 1966 all over again :ph34r:

There is no doubt that England CAN win this tournament. They have a team that is full of goals and full of confidence.

Unfortunately they also have a shit goalkeeper who I think will cost them dearly when it comes to the crunch.

I backed them to win it at 10/1 after they were beaten by the French B)

England, next to France, probably have the best all round team in the tournament, maybe lacking a wee bittie up front I reckon. Rooney can't carry them all the way. They have a good defence, solid and creative midfield and some good strikers. France are much the same except better.

I don't feel that there are any other teams who have the same talent in each department though I reckon both the Czechs and the Swedes will be up there for sheer hard work and graft.

Archived