England Watch

I don't see what's wrong with saying ex-Leicester player Theo Zagorakis :blink:

It relates the player to a team viewers know.

Yeah but I mean is they rarely do it with Scottish teams. Van Bronkhorst for example has been mentioned more as a former Arsenal player than Rangers. It is the BBC after all.

Maybe saying it once would be OK, but no player who has ever played in England or is going to (Robben) can be mentioned without a link to the Premiership.

It's not Milan Baros, it's "Baros of Liverpool". It's not Mellberg, it's "Mellberg of Aston Villa".

Not to mention the ridiculous, "It's Aresenal versus Fulham, and Aresenal win."

Even if I was English I would hate that. Why not call Beckham, "Beckham of Real Madrid"?

And for English who know about football, they don't need this constant stream of pish about the Premiership, for football illiterates, why would they care if the Greek midfielder used to play for Leceister City?

Oh my god!! this just gets worse and worse!

Watching the Rallying on ITV, the French driver has a jumpstart penalty overturned, and the commentator says.........'so the French benefit from another dodgy penalty'

eh?? Dodgy my arse? And even if it was is there a need to mention it on a completely different sport!!

f***ing pr***s!

When France got knocked out,the BBC Five Live news started with:

English fans enjoyed tonight as much as Welsh,Irish and Scottish fans enjoyed last night.

Hmmm,celebrating the demise of a superior near neighbour?

So,why are they so dumbfounded when we do it?

Watching the Rallying on ITV, the French driver has a jumpstart penalty overturned, and the commentator says.........'so the French benefit from another dodgy penalty'

Doesn't make any sense either :rolleyes:

If the guy in second place had been penalised for jumping the start when he hadn't, then yup he'd have been benefiting.

However, the penalty was against the French guy (no original benefit). If it was overturned, then it is no penalty so no benefit :lol:

To me it's just such a relief that the English are such a poor and inept side.

The fear is that they may get lucky now and then.

And they often do. Thankfully their luck does not often hold all the way through.

Guest forest fifer
What an arse Clive Tyldesley is! After Holland won on penalties tonight, he said that they were the only big pre-tournament favourites to have reached the semi-finals. Eh, what about Portugal?

Fair do's to Andy Townsend (I think it was), who 'reminded' him about Portugal.

Archived