Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

I do not, but I'm sure I saw him browsing the thread earlier.

BTW what time do you get to Powerleague? I'll probably be in town about half 8 and Powerleague for about 8:40. Just don't want to be sitting in that place for ages waiting on someone turning up. And my phones broke aswell for any late arrangements that may be made.

I do not, but I'm sure I saw him browsing the thread earlier.

BTW what time do you get to Powerleague? I'll probably be in town about half 8 and Powerleague for about 8:40. Just don't want to be sitting in that place for ages waiting on someone turning up. And my phones broke aswell for any late arrangements that may be made.

I'm meeting David at Central at 8.30pm. Could meet you along the way?

In true graeme souness style, can i just say something here..............tonight i witnessed the best performance i've ever seen at Glasgow Area 5's.

Big Callum = unbelievable

It was like playing alongside Xavi or as my cousin quoted Matt LeTissier!

There could be a group of extremely attractive drunk girls coming to watch at least part of our game tonight.

Was that the group of girls at the side of the pitch, in the bushes? :lol:

That pitch was the cauldron of death, with that all netting roof.

Probably my worst performance at Glasgow Area 5s. Was fucked after 20 minutes and couldn't keep up.

Next week I'll play alot better than that.

Passed off the park at times and suffered from some fantastic finishing from the opposition. Seemed like every goal went right in the far corner.

Wouldn't say the deficit was that big, I think it was the case that one team clicked tonight and the other didn't.

In true graeme souness style, can i just say something here..............tonight i witnessed the best performance i've ever seen at Glasgow Area 5's.

Big Callum = unbelievable

It was like playing alongside Xavi or as my cousin quoted Matt LeTissier!

laugh.gif

Aye, he was absolutely amazing. Oor Calum has always been pretty skilful and can have some cracking finishing to boot. Tonight was a merge of both.

I thought everyone on our team tonight played brilliant. Was particularly impressed with McGowans generic friend/cousin. Also, I was surprised I managed to keep up with the pace despite it being probably the fittest bunch of players I've played with/against.

Nothing much between the teams on paper, just think our slick passing moves and expert finishing (except when I was in front of goal) was the telling factor in us winning by a few (can't mind the exact number).

One final thing, is that not the 2nd time Shakeys missed 5's in the last few weeks, and it's been a brilliant game? laugh.gif

Edited by ChrisyM92

Apolgies for the lack of attractive drunk girls. They presumably stayed in the Ark instead of venturing uo to the powerleague to watch 10 losers kick a ball about. Baffling decision.

If anyone ever wants to make a film about Robert Prosinecki the later years, the should draft in Callum. I'd like to think my running about like a headless chicken created the space for him to work his magic.

Fudge, can i correct you there.................9 losers and Callum LeTissier

and aye, my cousin was just telling me the night he's still playin for a team, hence his greater fitness.

I'll be extremely disappointed if coldojag's idea of a rendition of "Mary from Maryhill" before the game was not followed up. :angry:

Anyway, cut on my left thigh is feeling a lot better now and no longer resembles some sort of horrendous venereal disease, so hopefully I'll be back for next monday (and, going by the sound of things, hopefully the game will be of a similar standard... and dibs on being on the same team as calum.)

Think I may be playing football this midweek, too, with luck that'll get me nice and fresh for the GA fives (and indeed the P&B fives, which is a lot closer than I'd thought. :o)