Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

Its at 9 next week. As I said I can change it tae half past if that doesnae suit c***s. I prefer it a bit earlier. Fuckin baltic oot there. I could hardly get a breath cos of a chest cold. Didn't want to be a poof and pull out but.

Edited by Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth

It was -5 degrees by the time I got home. I didn't do much running for the first half but managed to get a few, but as a fan of graft I decided just to run about willy nilly for the 2nd half, partially to give more defensive support to the team, but mostly because I didn't want to die of frostbite.

It was -5 degrees by the time I got home. I didn't do much running for the first half but managed to get a few, but as a fan of graft I decided just to run about willy nilly for the 2nd half, partially to give more defensive support to the team, but mostly because I didn't want to die of frostbite.

Yeah, it really was ludicrously cold.

Not only is goalkeeping rubbish, but any time I went in goals, the cold began to set in again. :(

I really enjoyed that last night, probably the closest game that there has been since I started going.

Like last week, both teams kept it tight for the first five minutes but the blues struck first. We lost another couple of goals soon after (I think one was my fault as I didn't realise Fudge was behind me!) but we did manage to keep ourselves in the game, scoring to keep the advantage no more than six or seven to the blues at any point.

For me, I think Greg was our best player, some great touches of the ball, good with the ball at his feet and scored a couple of really good goals.

I thought Ooor Kev put in a hell of a shift last night, some of his fist touches were fantastic.

Contrary to Paulo's post, I thought he played really well. Just the one slip up I can think of when he gave a really simple ball away to the blues which resulted in a goal, but that was with five minutes to go and we were about six down. I thought he played very well, as per usual.

David W put in a great shift as well, probably lucky to escape with no broken bones after Shakey's crunching "shoulder" challenge. :lol:

As for me, well last night was the first night that I was actually happy with my fitness. Felt it improving slowly every week since I started going, and I was finding I had more energy to track back last night.

The two faults that I could pick with our team (myself included in both of them) was that we were not as tight on the marking as the blues were, and at time it looked like we were afraid to take the opposition on, opting to find someone with not a lot of space rather than take the ball round the opposite player.

For the opposition, I'd say the best player was either Fudge or Calum. That was a hell of a shot that Calum saved, I wonder how his hands are this morning?

Enjoyed that.

Was properly chilly baltic, which gave me the incentive needed to run about a bit more than usual, ha.

Me defensive positioning was a bit dodgy at times when marking folk, so I ended up just doing a Kenny Miller and running after the ball as often as possible to at least be doing something, plus it helps shake off the cold as I said.

David and Shakey's flashpoint livened (sp?) the game up a bit and made it a bit more interesting, I thought.

A particular highlight was the bag of chips I got afterwards. Mmmm. Nothing like it to warm you up.

Will hopefully be in next week, but will post nearer the time to see whats happening.

Euan Frame - DLC/WBL/DMC

Tackling - 17

Marking -14

Positioning - 12

Heading - 19

Composure - 20

Finishing - 15

Balancy - 8

Agility - 7

Acceleration - 6

Pace - 7

Stamina - 9

Good stuff. I'll do one for me.

Scott Webster - DM/MC/AMC... but tbh I just run about a lot and end up wherever the mood takes me.

Numbers picked somewhat at random.

Mental

Agression - 13

Anticipation - 11

Bravery - 14

Composure - 4 More often than not. :(

Consitency - 8

Creativity - 6

Decisions - 2

Determination - 14

Dirtiness - 2

Important Matches -17

Influence - 8

Off the Ball - 17

Positioning - 11

Team Work - 15

Work Rate - 18

Physical

Acceleration - 8

Pace - 11

Agility - 11

Balance - 5

Injury Proneness - 7

Jumping - 9

Natural Fitness - 18, which is odd given that I smoke like a chimney and have a worse diet than your average American.

Stamina - 18

Strength - 6

Tecnical

Corners - 16

Crossing - 15 I'm quite good at crossing on the big pitches (honest! Got a right foot like Beckham for set pieces and delivery into the box, so I have.) but at fives it doesnt really matter as much.

Dribbling - 5

Finishing - 7

First Touch - 10 Seems fair, since its about 50/50 whether my first touch is horrific or half decent.

Free Kicks - 18

Heading - 12

Long Shots - 6

Long Throws - 3

Marking - 10

Passing -11

Penalty Taking - 18

Tackling - 12

Technique - 10

Versatility - 10

Unique

Headless Chickenness - 20

Natural Talent - 2

Graftgraftgraft- 15

Ending up lying on the deck somehow - 20

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

f**k it!

Chris Muir - Anywhere!

Tackling - 13

Marking - 9

Positioning - 9

Heading - 14

Bravery - 10

Determination - 12

Composure - 12

Finishing - Sometimes 20. Sometimes 2. Depending on what mood I'm in. Overall I'd say about 14/15

Technique - 15. Without bragging, I think I have a fantastic first touch. Although I can't do much else apart from that, except score goals.

Balance - 10

Strength - 12

Agility - 5

Acceleration - 7

Pace - Sprinting/Running - 2. Drinking lager - 19.

Stamina - 4

Teamwork - 12

Workrate - 12

Natural Fitness - I won't lie, 1. As yous have seen, I'm usually huffing and puffing after about 15 mins.

In need of a lager during the game ness - 20.