Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

I'm willing to steal in, if need be.

Was just lurking the thread anonymously to see if there was a spare spot, seems to be, so I'd be up for some fivealicious graft the night.

You'll dae!

Edit: Is that ten now?

Edited by Adam_Wee

You'll dae!

Edit: Is that ten now?

:D

Great stuff.

Played fives yesterday up in Bonhill, actually. Suffice to say, christmas overindulgence of cigarettes, food and drink combined with little to no football during the festive period/since new year has rendered my footballing abilities and overall fitness at the moment "c'est tres gash", as the french would say, but at least I've got yesterday under my belt for getting back to some form of fitness.

Phhh.

It had gone to the back of my head that this was the first real game (with the more typical cast) back after the break. To be honest I'd except it to be similar for another few weeks yet. Players pending.

Physical and mental lethargy. Christmas curse. Turf conditions didn't help matters either.

(And another empty apology for bawling like a diddy, I know it's futile).

Firstly, I'll apologise for my moaning at folk tonight, as I know it must get/be annoying.

On the game, it actually wasn't bad, albeit our marking could have been better as a team. That said, oor Dubs was the main difference as his finishing was first class.

I'm trying to improve my fitness steadily with running and the 5's, so hopefully in the next few weeks, that will be visible. I hope to play better personally next week, and will do my best not moan nearly as much as I did tonight and usually do.

Taking the shakey approach; apologies to the lads on my team the day, utterly, utterly rancid stuff from me, which I'm putting down to a serious lack of fitness at the minute. Credit to the others for managing to win in spite of this, though.

Saying that, there were still a few positives. My stints in goal were relatively cock-up free, I got a decent amount of running done which benefits general fitness, and I managed to put in a lot of sliding challenges and won a reasonable amount of them by my usual standards.

Also, a combination of icy conditions underfoot and the trainers I was wearing having poor grip (I brought a pair of studded boots that I've not worn in a good while for this very reason, but they don't fit me anymore, I was gutted. Probably just as well given the number of tackles I was putting in, truth be told.) caused me to slip a fair few times.

Still, I enjoyed that. Think pretty much everyone's still searching for fitness after the festive season, which made it a pretty even game, I thought.

When the teams were picked I thought they looked pretty even. I don't think the other team outclassed us on skill or anything (except Dubs) but fitness wise, we were well below par. It simply wasn't good enough. Obviously this will improve in the coming weeks as people play more (I haven't played in a month) so I'll not lose the faith.

My performance? I was really unhappy with it. I was wearing new boots and my feet were really starting to hurt after about 30 minutes. Still, that's really no excuse for my fitness, or my first touch (what the f**k was I doing at times?!). Still, I'm confident that with a couple of more games under my belt and my boots having been broken in, my performances should improve.

Best player for us was Telfer. Put in a very good shift and wasn't afraid to get down and make meaty challenges to win the ball, including when he was in goal.

Fudge also played very well considering he has been away for weeks! Fitness obviously isn't that much of a problem for you mate.

Shakey had a solid shift as well, making some darting run down the right and supplying me with a couple of decent balls which I managed to sneak in. Also, moaning can actually be quite good, I wouldn't give it up just yet. I'd hate to have four silent players on my team. Nothing worse.

Paulo needs to stop being so hard on himself. I turned round to expect to see you giving someone a bollocking for tackling you when I noticed you were screaming at yourself. :lol:

Still, decent graft big man!

Best player of the night was Dubs. His pace was frightening at times, as were his shots. A cheeky wee mention to Scott as well, you really do love your sliding tackles. :lol:

Looking forward to playing next week, I'm IN!

Alright lads, seems like you have a good wee set-up here. You boys looking for any new players? Live in Falkirk so may prove tricky. Is the park anywhere near Queen Street?

It's a five or ten minute walk. The Powerleague is situated through or in-with the housing scheme adjacent Buchanan St. Bus station.

We tend to struggle for players on a regular basis Dave, so by all means keep an eye on the thread and state your intent as it were.

There are posters whom play fairly often coming from the likes of Cumbernauld, Helensburgh and the Falkirk/Larbert area as well. A few of us do travel a bit, you wouldn't be unique in being so far from the parks.

I should mention also, there is no priority system at the moment. That is in terms of who merits a place before who, although we've only had to deny people a game(s) maybe two, three times whilst I've been involved (roughly a year)*.

We're already booked in for our typical hour-long let this coming Monday at 9:30. Organisational/recruitment responsibility has been on the shoulders of myself and Juan Thacker Thacks Thackiscus Mohammed Saco the poster known as Sir Kevin of Kilsyth for a while now so if you've any queries or what not feel free to PM either of us.

*Glasgow Area Fives is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation before/during/after the soccer process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is lads are pleased to provide such assistance, and no player will be subject to 'banter' as a result of such a request