Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

Raff is unsure still. I said i'd cover his costs.

I need to go now anyway, good luck finding a 10th grafter, and if you cant, I'm sure we'll survive with 4 v 5 tongue.gif

Hey that rhymes.

aye man, i'de able to get him!

Right, so is Raffy able to play then given that his costs are able to be covered and he will be chauferred there by The Flamboyant One a.k.a Mo, Mo, Massi-mo?

right, where have i to get raffy???? his gaff or croy???? anyone know????

right, where have i to get raffy???? his gaff or croy???? anyone know????

I don't know mate. It seems Chrisy has made his move and left for some grafting, so maybe give him a text, or get to Raffy's and see what's 'the script'...

I'll be leaving in a couple of minutes too.

GRAFT

I really enjoyed the game tonight. It was good to be on the winning side, and I enjoyed scoring a few good goals.

For us, Kyle was good with a few great strikes and Experienced Bryan was also a danger, as always, for the opposition.

Also, the Burger King Meal I had whilst awaiting my train home was, unarguably delicious.

Just utter shit. It's no happening with eight players again. It's a fucking nightmare and at £6.50 a head does not represent value.

Shite. Absolute shite.

I'm tempted to say the worst ever but really it's probably about the fuckin' norm 'init. One team's plenty fitter than the other and it's just fucking silliness. Hitting the ball from one end to another. Lifting it off of the ground all the time. Wash.

Can you blame folk for chucking it? They canny get near the other side. Then they're taking the ball off of the goalie from the restart and being faced with however-many statues. Tripe. And I'll tell ye, the only reason I persist with it myself is because it wouldn't happen otherwise - I know some people 'allegedly' enjoy it. God only knows how.

Ghastly, skill-less, thoughtless, crappy festering pile of keech. (Anger etc).

Of course you enjoyed it Shakey, you fuckin hammered us!

That was a nightmare. 4 v 4 is pish, especially with very unfit players like myself having to make up more ground and mark players in the opposition that are considerably fitter than myself.

Hopefully it'll be back to Glasgow area FIVES next week.

Edited by ChrisyM92

Apologies for being unable to grace the Glorious Glasgow 5's again, was up at the Thistle game.

In retrospect, I'm 99% sure I'd have enjoyed myself more had I been playing football, rather than watching the dross that is PTFC at the minute. :(

Meh. At least our season is over on the 1st of May. Yipee.

Just utter shit. It's no happening with eight players again. It's a fucking nightmare and at £6.50 a head does not represent value.

Shite. Absolute shite.

I'm tempted to say the worst ever but really it's probably about the fuckin' norm 'init. One team's plenty fitter than the other and it's just fucking silliness. Hitting the ball from one end to another. Lifting it off of the ground all the time. Wash.

Can you blame folk for chucking it? They canny get near the other side. Then they're taking the ball off of the goalie from the restart and being faced with however-many statues. Tripe. And I'll tell ye, the only reason I persist with it myself is because it wouldn't happen otherwise - I know some people 'allegedly' enjoy it. God only knows how.

Ghastly, skill-less, thoughtless, crappy festering pile of keech. (Anger etc).

And now for a beer..

I enjoyed it last night and normally actually prefer 4 v 4.

My suggestion is that we actually introduce a score "limit" - for example, if one team goes 6 goals ahead then we change teams?

I enjoyed it last night and normally actually prefer 4 v 4.

My suggestion is that we actually introduce a score "limit" - for example, if one team goes 6 goals ahead then we change teams?

That's not a totally ludicrous idea (and given Liverpool's recent form, it's understandable why you make such a suggestion ;) ), but I'd say that six goals is a bit of a low limit. That's a difference that can easily be clawed back by the losing team if they play the free-flowing, one-touch, fast-paced football usually associated with GA5's.

That's not a totally ludicrous idea (and given Liverpool's recent form, it's understandable why you make such a suggestion ;) ), but I'd say that six goals is a bit of a low limit. That's a difference that can easily be clawed back by the losing team if they play the free-flowing, one-touch, fast-paced football usually associated with GA5's.

One of the best games recently involved the team I was on getting off to a blistering start, racing into a 4 goal lead only for the other team to claw it back. Was only ever 1 goal in it once they got it back to 4-3.

Think the team I was on won it by a 1 goal margin.

One of the best games recently involved the team I was on getting off to a blistering start, racing into a 4 goal lead only for the other team to claw it back. Was only ever 1 goal in it once they got it back to 4-3.

Think the team I was on won it by a 1 goal margin.

Firhill for thrills then, eh? ;)

:lol:

Thinking back, it was the game you were off having a meal up in the west end, so I'd argue that it wasn't that I was there, but that you weren't :P

That's probably close the being accurate.

Ability-wise, I don't bring much skill to the preverbial table of GA5'S. The main elements of my 5's game are backing in, chasing passes into the channels, passing to other players who can 'go by folk', making either slide or late tackles, and moaning.

That's probably close the being accurate.

Ability-wise, I don't bring much skill to the preverbial table of GA5'S. The main elements of my 5's game are backing in, chasing passes into the channels, passing to other players who can 'go by folk', making either slide or late tackles, and moaning.

Naahh, you're being a bit harsh on yourself there.

Only a bit, mind, but still... ;)

Anyway, just found this in the P&B 5's section of the forum, figure its worth posting the link just to make sure folk are aware of the thread Adam made for the Glorious Glasgow Area 5's Grafters;

http://www.pieandbov...8entry4413448

Interested? Of course you are. :)

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely