Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

Sorry about not getting back to you all last night. If there's no tenth man available I could play, but in all honesty if it's avoidable I'd give this week a miss.

Fudge, my usual pool of co-players are best described as "mixed ability"- 80% of us are mince, 10% pretty good and the other 10% utterly hopeless.

I made a successful comeback from injury this evening in a 7s game on the hallowed New Broomfield astroturf, even marking my return with a speculative wonder goal from six yards. I'm not on the list of 'In' players but I declared my availability to Shakey yesterday.

Given my present injury prone status though Owen Hargreaves would be a better nickname.

IN

Me (J.Heitinga)

David W (L.Leiva) (hopefully no tantrums)

Callum (Y.Bejaoui)

Jambo Stu (M.Zaliukas)

Fudge (B.McCulloch)

Brian (D.C.I Burke)

Staggy (P.Di Giacomo)

Smurph (The Snooker Player)

Dave 258 (S.Whittaker/O.Hargreaves)

PROVISIONAL

Albino Rover (L.Acquah)

Jonny (A.Arshavin)

TO HEAR FROM/CONFIRM FOR NEW TIME

Kaz (N.Blockley)

Decent. I'll push for an answer from Jonny early (not too early) tomorrow and find out whether he's definitely in or not. I can't see him being a problem, though. Albino Rover, if he can't make it, if you're able to play that would be excellent. Unless you really want some graft and are willing to confirm your availability now.

Edit: and why can't Litchie for Life play? If we're struggling for numbers and he's willing to play, I don't see the problem...

Edited by Smurph

Edit: and why can't Litchie for Life play? If we're struggling for numbers and he's willing to play, I don't see the problem...

Will he actually turn up? I don't think he's posted anything that can be taken seriously, at any point in history.

Will he actually turn up? I don't think he's posted anything that can be taken seriously, at any point in history.

He stays and studies in Glasgow. He may have been a wind-up at times but if we're short for numbers there's no harm in saying yes.

Any news on Jonny Arshavin or others?

Jonny is officially out due to a chest condition or something.

Am I needed then, or is Lichtie getting called up?

I've asked another mate who has yet to reply, but as it stands you're in.

Graft levels will be minimal today - leg, arse and back muscles ache after a punishing 90 minutes yesterday. My body seems to have taken it's return to physical exercise after a 3 month sabbatical rather poorly. Definite Owen Hargreaves role - none of this galloping about like Whittaker pish.