P&b Running Club

There's a lot of it going around. I've got one too, which was not bad this morning. Went for a 5 mile run, and had to cut it short to 2.5m. I feel dreadful now.

I also had a bit of a cold last week,but i find although i don't feel like having a run,once i'm out and running it does actually give you relief from the cold symptoms during the run and for a while afterwards.Don't know if it's a good idea to run with a cold but it's never harmed me,but if it's more than a cold not a good idea i think.If you had to abort your run perhaps it's a bit more than a cold

I've signed up to the worlds largest obstacle course which covers 20 miles, now considering the furthest I've ran is about 10 miles I could be doing with some pointers as to how to get the distance up, I play football with training twice a week and done the mens health survival this year in Edinburgh with no training, I'm not the quickest but I would rather get round going steady haha

• 3 weeks later...

In the best traditions of new year - resolutions destined to fail, etc etc though I'd bump this thread. Done a not so quick lap of Strathclyde park today (just a tiny bit shy of 6K). New years day (today I suppose) afternoon looks to be ok weather wise so will probably do it again. Time to get back on the straight and narrow.

Went out for a 5km today which is the first time I've been out in bout 4 weeks and I've not been to a parkrun in 6 weeks as my car broke down. Got a new car now so should hopefully be back at Strathclyde parkrun this Saturday.

Anyone got any resolutions/aims for this year? Am hoping to hit 50 parkruns currently on 32/33, complete a half-marathon or two and get another few 10km races in as well. Will hopefully take another couple of mins off my 5/10 km times as well.

Garmin

First run of the year. 8.57 miles 1:03:34. Not got any major races booked. I would like to get the park run time down a bit more and being very optimistic try and get close to a sub 40min 10k. Devilla forest 15km is not to far away so will probably do that as well as Buclyvie 10k.

Sorry to be nosey/ignorant to the rest of this thread, but did you not used to run decent lengths, I.E 10 miles?

Reina is currently preggers.

Getting back out running in one of my 13 for '13. New trainers are a must though so it will be another month or so before I attempt it (recovering from injury - overdoing it last year).

Sorry to be nosey/ignorant to the rest of this thread, but did you not used to run decent lengths, I.E 10 miles?

Yes, and more sometimes! As TM said, I'm currently 7 months pregnant, so that's put a stop to my running at the moment. I'm very much looking forward to getting back to it, but it's going to be tough balancing a 3.5 year old, a newborn and running! Not to mention that I'll be having a section so a fair old recovery after that, too. I think 10k is probably a realistic target by the end of the year - don't want to do too much too soon and end up injured... Half marathons will wait until 2014. My next target is to get my times for that down under 2 hours and then possibly start ramping up the mileage for a possible marathon in a couple of years...

Yes, and more sometimes! As TM said, I'm currently 7 months pregnant, so that's put a stop to my running at the moment. I'm very much looking forward to getting back to it, but it's going to be tough balancing a 3.5 year old, a newborn and running! Not to mention that I'll be having a section so a fair old recovery after that, too. I think 10k is probably a realistic target by the end of the year - don't want to do too much too soon and end up injured... Half marathons will wait until 2014. My next target is to get my times for that down under 2 hours and then possibly start ramping up the mileage for a possible marathon in a couple of years...

At least you're giving yourself manageable targets. I went out for my first 'run' of 2013 with the missus today, it was absolutely freezing. But good to blow away some cobwebs. Good luck with getting back into it and also the pregnancy.

In the best traditions of new year - resolutions destined to fail, etc etc though I'd bump this thread. Done a not so quick lap of Strathclyde park today (just a tiny bit shy of 6K). New years day (today I suppose) afternoon looks to be ok weather wise so will probably do it again. Time to get back on the straight and narrow.

Rather than do the same run, why not do the Strathclyde - Chatelherault run which can be accessed from the bridge near the boat house in the park.

At the least this will give you over 5K, but once at Chatelherault there are a number of routes with the distances well signed, which you might want to try. :)

Edited by chuckles

Rather than do the same run, why not do the Strathclyde - Chatelherault run which can be accessed from the bridge near the boat house in the park.

At the least this will give you over 5K, but once at Chatelherault there are a number of routes with the distances well signed, which you might want to try. :)

aye, I know that one, done it a few times. The hill from the old folks home up to Chatelherault house is fun and games!!

I'll try it at some point soon. I actually like running round strathclyde loch.

Went out for a 5km today which is the first time I've been out in bout 4 weeks and I've not been to a parkrun in 6 weeks as my car broke down. Got a new car now so should hopefully be back at Strathclyde parkrun this Saturday.

Anyone got any resolutions/aims for this year? Am hoping to hit 50 parkruns currently on 32/33, complete a half-marathon or two and get another few 10km races in as well. Will hopefully take another couple of mins off my 5/10 km times as well.

See you tomorrow then!

This year I want to do a 10K every month March-November and beat my PB which wont take much TBH.

I also want to get under 25 mins at Parkrun, which is very do-able too.

That was excellent this morning. Really good conditions for January and not too bad a time given its my first in a while. :D

Enjoyed this morning even though my time was pretty poor. Will try and get out again tomorrow, during the week and then be at parkrun next Saturday so hopefully won't be too long till I get the time down again.

Good turnout from the Bully Wee fans this morning.

Edited by Jack Burton