P&b Running Club

Well done on the PB Fernando!

I've started upping the mileage over the last couple of weeks in preparation for starting a 16 week training program for London. Did 33 miles last week, about half of it on a treadmill (I like running on a treadmill apart from the fact that it's too hot in the gym).

New PB's at both Strathclyde (19'23") and Pollok (19'44") Parkruns over the past two weeks. Really pleased to have finally gone sub 20 at Pollok.

Well done on the PB Fernando!

I've started upping the mileage over the last couple of weeks in preparation for starting a 16 week training program for London. Did 33 miles last week, about half of it on a treadmill (I like running on a treadmill apart from the fact that it's too hot in the gym).

New PB's at both Strathclyde (19'23") and Pollok (19'44") Parkruns over the past two weeks. Really pleased to have finally gone sub 20 at Pollok.

what's strathy like compared to pollok?

got a pb of 18:52 at pollok - would i be looking to beat that at strathy?

Just made my first stride back into this since the summer really and it was only a very short distance (2k) and it was tough! :ph34r:

Still, got to get back into it somehow, and it was good, despite actually feeling heavier as I lumbered along.

Going to be doing the Glasgow Half Marathon next year, so my training starts now!

It's flatter, almost totally flat but I don't think it's as enjoyable. Its 2.5k around one side of the loch before you double back on yourself and it's fairly exposed so the wind coming off the water can be quite biting.

I think most people would be quicker at Strathclyde.

It's flatter, almost totally flat but I don't think it's as enjoyable. Its 2.5k around one side of the loch before you double back on yourself and it's fairly exposed so the wind coming off the water can be quite biting.

I think most people would be quicker at Strathclyde.

It is definately flatter but alot more open to the elements. If there is a strong wind you will really feel it and it will slow you

Been pretty bloody cold over here the last few weeks, so been doing my 5k route which is fairly well covered by trees rather than the longer run up the hill which is open to the elements and noticeably colder. 23:15 today, with the last 4 runs all between 23:25 and 23:45. Will hopefully get back down to around the 22 minute mark soon, but really need to invest in some gear that will keep me from freezing.

Had a nice we 7.1k tonight. Really nice night temperature/conditions wise too. Pleased with a not too bad time as I was off out drinking last night watching the Luxembourg V Scotland game and had a fair few.

Strathclyde Parkrun on Saturday morning - weather forecast not too bad for that either. :)

5k done this morning in 22:57. Eased off a wee bit towards the end as I could feel my leg getting a bit tight, probably on account of the fact it's around about 1c outside. Getting back towards a PB though, and I think I could comfortably shave another minute off my time if I really push it.

Done a 3.3 mile race in 23:15. Eased off way too much before the end. It's a handicap race, so I thought I'd be ok in my position so just held that position and didn't want to go any faster.

X-C this Saturday. 5,5M on a relativetly flat course. Did 38:40mins last year, so sub 38 would be great.

Was at Strathclyde Parkrun this morning, was nice weather for a run and the rain stayed off. My time was shite again, that's the last two Parkruns and the 10k last week where I've ran a poor time. I'll need to start getting out more during the week.

Was at Strathclyde Parkrun this morning, was nice weather for a run and the rain stayed off. My time was shite again, that's the last two Parkruns and the 10k last week where I've ran a poor time. I'll need to start getting out more during the week.

I forgot to ask you today, do you do any training during the week?

Completed the X-C yesterday and while I was aiming for sub 38 mins I smashed that and ended up with 35:07. Did the first 3K lap in 11:10, the second in 11:50 and the 3rd in 12:07. 3 weeks now without a race till the next x-c, which is 12K in Hartlepool. Revising my training for the next 3 weeks so I can be in good condition for it.

5k done this morning in 22:57. Eased off a wee bit towards the end as I could feel my leg getting a bit tight, probably on account of the fact it's around about 1c outside. Getting back towards a PB though, and I think I could comfortably shave another minute off my time if I really push it.

Bought myself some thermal gear over the weekend and went out this morning feeling great and decided to try and shave that minute off my last effort. Absolutely hammered the first 2.5k, then spent most of the way back blowing out my arse and trying not to fall over or throw up. 23:31 was the final time. Still, at least I looked the part.

Completed the X-C yesterday and while I was aiming for sub 38 mins I smashed that and ended up with 35:07. Did the first 3K lap in 11:10, the second in 11:50 and the 3rd in 12:07. 3 weeks now without a race till the next x-c, which is 12K in Hartlepool. Revising my training for the next 3 weeks so I can be in good condition for it.

Well done Neefie, that's impressive running, especially in a x-c.

I was invited to a local x-c last weekend. I work with a guy that was helping to organize it and he suggested that its a good way to build strength. Doesn't sound like my idea of fun though.

I forgot to ask you today, do you do any training during the week?

I don't have a set training plan but try and get out at least a couple of times a week. Sep/Oct I was out 3 or 4 times a week and had a good routine going but I've not been out much the last month apart from the parkruns.

Bought myself some thermal gear over the weekend and went out this morning feeling great and decided to try and shave that minute off my last effort. Absolutely hammered the first 2.5k, then spent most of the way back blowing out my arse and trying not to fall over or throw up. 23:31 was the final time. Still, at least I looked the part.

Still a good time and you still went out in the cold. I got some base layers out of Sports Direct on the way home from the parkrun last weekend. They've got 70% off a lot of the running gear the now.

Went our for 5k tonight. Decided to set my garmin and then not bother looking at it until I was nearly finished. I finished in 30.43 which is a marked improvement on the last couple of parkruns. Not sure if just trying to judge what time I was doing helped but I did seem to find a bit of extra pace when I felt my speed dropping. Wearing a base layer made a big difference too was pretty windy but barely noticed it.