P&b Running Club

Yip 2 years ago. Flat course so PB friendly although the year I ran it it was quite windy.

Sounds good. Had a half decent park run this morning (well, good for me anyway) and Grangemouth will be my first 10K of the year. Pace I'm at just now I should get a PB, especially if its a flat one.

440 at glasgow park run again this morning. Think I'll wait til all the new years resolution folk give up before returning. That's my excuse anyway tongue.gif

I've given up until the numbers come down - did 8 miles up at the wind farm instead. With 440, unless you are right at the front, your times become meaningless.

Remember reading somewhere that there should be three parkruns in Glasgow up and running in time for the commonwealth games.

Missed the Strathclyde parkrun again this morning. Been working long hours all week so fancied a lie in.

Was looking at running the kilomathon in Edinburgh in March has anyone run that before? Then there is the 10k at grangemouth the following week.

Remember reading somewhere that there should be three parkruns in Glasgow up and running in time for the commonwealth games.

Missed the Strathclyde parkrun again this morning. Been working long hours all week so fancied a lie in.

Was looking at running the kilomathon in Edinburgh in March has anyone run that before? Then there is the 10k at grangemouth the following week.

I've not run it, but I was thinking about doing it this year. Looks a good route and should be a good build up distance for the half marathon in May.

Was looking at running the kilomathon in Edinburgh in March has anyone run that before?

I ran this last year. It's pretty flat; the one thing to watch out for is they release the 6km race onto the track 30 mins after you set off from Ocean Terminal - I had to put on a quick sprint to get past and prevent myself being swept up. Enjoyed finishing inside Murrayfield, that was a good feeling.

Well the Tollcross one seems to be a matter of time so that's be two. Wouldn't mind a rouken glen one but wont hold my breath

Also was meant to be one starting in Kilmarnock (think it was kilmarnock but definitely Ayrshire somewhere)

Well the Tollcross one seems to be a matter of time so that's be two. Wouldn't mind a rouken glen one but wont hold my breath

Also was meant to be one starting in Kilmarnock (think it was kilmarnock but definitely Ayrshire somewhere)

Was it not in Kilwinning? (Egilinton park?)

One way or the other the more events, the more runners. Can only be a good thing. :)

Was it not in Kilwinning? (Egilinton park?)

One way or the other the more events, the more runners. Can only be a good thing. :)

Probably was Kilwinning - I was close :P

Ye the numbers that Pollok is getting just show that Glasgow and the surrounding areas need at least a couple more. Even before New Year, it was getting as many as 300 a week which is fine if you;re right at the front but otherwise you end up losing a good few minutes of your time just fighting through the stragglers in the middle.

Would like to try a new course too because I don't think I'll ever be able to beet my PB at Pollok Park but may manage it on a flatter course

Probably was Kilwinning - I was close :P

Ye the numbers that Pollok is getting just show that Glasgow and the surrounding areas need at least a couple more. Even before New Year, it was getting as many as 300 a week which is fine if you;re right at the front but otherwise you end up losing a good few minutes of your time just fighting through the stragglers in the middle.

Would like to try a new course too because I don't think I'll ever be able to beet my PB at Pollok Park but may manage it on a flatter course

the Strathclyde one is almost entirely flat and plenty of room too at the start, so no snarl ups.

Tonight i did 7 x 600m efforts (averaging 2:10) with equal recovery.

Thursday is a gentle 2 x 1-2-3-2-1 minute pyramid session with equal rest and effort.

Got a 12k X-C race on Sat.

Treadmill today. 2.5km warm up. 5km tempo in 19:30. 2.5km cool down.

Anybody got any races planned over the next few months?

well, since you asked -

Northern X-C Champs @ Knowsley on Sat

X-C at Wreckenton (Gateshead), Alnwick and Prudhoe

English X-C Champs at Sunderland.

Blyth 10K April 7th

Sanddancer 10k MT April 14th

Pier to Pier 7 mile race

Track and Field from May

Enter the ballot for the GNR.

Alternative Strathclyde Parkrun route today 'cos of the ice. They make it 200m longer to deter anyone setting a course record on the alternative route. Was a good enough run I suppose.

It gets a bit congested as you run up and down the straight twice, Comedy moment when one of the front runners was getting all arsey shouting 'stay left' at everyone as he ran back the way little realising it was him that wason the right. Fud. Maybe needs to paint L and R on his shoes next time.

Alternative Strathclyde Parkrun route today 'cos of the ice. They make it 200m longer to deter anyone setting a course record on the alternative route. Was a good enough run I suppose.

It gets a bit congested as you run up and down the straight twice, Comedy moment when one of the front runners was getting all arsey shouting 'stay left' at everyone as he ran back the way little realising it was him that wason the right. Fud. Maybe needs to paint L and R on his shoes next time.

I was going to go to Strathclyde but I'm glad I didn't bother to get up early then.

Glasgow was cancelled because of ice.

It was actually ok, tbh. Even more frustrating, when I worked out what my time would have been if it was the 5000m course it would have been a PB (Just). <_<

The same thing happened to me when they altered the course due to ice on the 8th of December. I would have got a PB and gone sub 19min for the 1st time. The course that day was a lot more than 200m longer though, it was more like 400m according to my Garmin.

The same thing happened to me when they altered the course due to ice on the 8th of December. I would have got a PB and gone sub 19min for the 1st time. The course that day was a lot more than 200m longer though, it was more like 400m according to my Garmin.

Today the start was right at the entrance to the last car park and the turnaround point was just before the bridge/weir thingy. I done a measurement on mapmyrun.com and it did pretty much match up with the extra 200m they stated it was.

Sub 19mins for Strathy? That's a ridiculous time.

Apart from that day I've not got close to sub 19min. My parkrun PB's are 19.23 for Strathclyde & 19.22 for Pollok. It's been a couple of months since I've done one though and I've been running a lot of miles so I think I could go sub 19 now. There are people on here that would be far quicker than that though.

Today the start was right at the entrance to the last car park and the turnaround point was just before the bridge/weir thingy. I done a measurement on mapmyrun.com and it did pretty much match up with the extra 200m they stated it was.

The one I'm talking about started in the usual place and went over the bridge/weir thing. I suppose it all depends on where the ice is but you are right that they always make it longer to prevent anyone setting a new record on the unofficial course

Edited by Ziggy