P&b Running Club

Well Victoria parkrun was off due to icy conditions. Luckily noticed in time and got along to Pollok Park just in time. Alternate course was running there featuring a Pollok field start onto the usual circuit at the s bend and 2 and a bit laps of normal course before the usual finish. Tougher course than usual - probably about 20 secs or so slower than the normal one even though it is about 100m shorter.

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys. Went out for my second run today. Went a bit further and was disappointed as I thought I was slower, but actually took 2 seconds off my per mile run.

Aiming for 2 miles tomorrow, if I'm not hungover tomorrow.

post-41946-13894427595258_thumb.jpg

Well Victoria parkrun was off due to icy conditions. Luckily noticed in time and got along to Pollok Park just in time. Alternate course was running there featuring a Pollok field start onto the usual circuit at the s bend and 2 and a bit laps of normal course before the usual finish. Tougher course than usual - probably about 20 secs or so slower than the normal one even though it is about 100m shorter.

Pollock Park is the one I'm gonna aim for. I don't suppose you could tell me how easy or difficult a course it is?

I have had a lot of knee trouble recently, and have been struggling. I ran up between Salisbury Crags and Arthurs Seat yesterday, before coming down through the trees at the back of St Leonards along a muddy footpath. While doing so I disturbed two chaps who were in the process of pulling up their trousers. This leaves me wondering, is there anywhere a bit less hilly in Edinburgh suitable for running?

Eek Jester! Sorry I don't know Edinburgh well at all...

I ran to my circuits class today - did 2.1 mile there, 45 mins class then 2.5 miles back. Was a cracking run, if a little windy and cold. I was running into the wind on the way there and it was a bit of a struggle, but I flew home (well, flying by my standards anyway! Just under 9:00 min/mile.).

Pollock Park is the one I'm gonna aim for. I don't suppose you could tell me how easy or difficult a course it is?

Not too bad - some undulation, but only one steepish (but short) climb per lap on the normal course. A half way house between Victoria Park (flat) and Tollcross Park (rolling hills).

I have had a lot of knee trouble recently, and have been struggling. I ran up between Salisbury Crags and Arthurs Seat yesterday, before coming down through the trees at the back of St Leonards along a muddy footpath. While doing so I disturbed two chaps who were in the process of pulling up their trousers. This leaves me wondering, is there anywhere a bit less hilly in Edinburgh suitable for running?

Good grief!

Have you tried the canal towpath from Fountainbridge? I run from there to aqueduct at Corn Exchange and back at lunchtime - nice 7k flat.

Or another flat route is the cycle path leaving from Balbirnie Pl / Russell Rd towards Newhaven or Sth Queensferry.

O

35.54. Delighted as thought I was between 38 and 39. Didn't have my headphones in.

My fundraising has way way exceeded my expectations. Was strode waiting to start in tears and same when I finished.

That was one bitch of a climb at the start. My husband and kids were at about 3.5k. Girls crying and screaming as I ran off!

Thought the atmosphere was rubbish. I've done couple 10ks and a race for life in past and atmospheres were good.

10k in May next!

Good grief!

Have you tried the canal towpath from Fountainbridge? I run from there to aqueduct at Corn Exchange and back at lunchtime - nice 7k flat.

Or another flat route is the cycle path leaving from Balbirnie Pl / Russell Rd towards Newhaven or Sth Queensferry.

O

I'm based at Waverley, so something I can do in under an hour is handy. Ideally in a location that doesn't involve weaving through tourists.

I'm based at Waverley, so something I can do in under an hour is handy. Ideally in a location that doesn't involve weaving through tourists.

How about:

Starting from Balmoral, head down Leith St, then along London Rd to Meadowbank Stadium. Then back via Meadowbank Terrace into the park, pass Holyrood Palace, then along Calton Rd back up past The Venue (RIP) and back to the start. Just over 5.1k and only 64m of ascent which isn't bad for Edinburgh!

Edit: 64m of ascent is same as Palace up to Castle Esplanade - that's quite a bit of climbing on reflection!

Edited by Le Tout P'ti FC

35.54. Delighted as thought I was between 38 and 39. Didn't have my headphones in.

My fundraising has way way exceeded my expectations. Was strode waiting to start in tears and same when I finished.

That was one bitch of a climb at the start. My husband and kids were at about 3.5k. Girls crying and screaming as I ran off!

Thought the atmosphere was rubbish. I've done couple 10ks and a race for life in past and atmospheres were good.

10k in May next!

Well done great time hill a bitch alright, agree on atmosphere

10k in May next!

Well done - that is a great result. I assume you are Edinburgh based and, if so, I would suggest you have a go at Edinburgh Parkrun. It is a great social, low pressure timed weekly run.

Overdid the running last week and hurt my left ankle. Its the first injury I've picked up so cant complain! Not going to do any training next week as I'm going to do the Falkirk Parkrun for the 1st time and don't want to risk aggravating the ankle and missing it! Looking forward to it already. I'm going to try and do 100K this year competitively, the Balfron 10K, Great Scottish Run and Parkruns to get up to that total. Moving on to half-marathons next year all going well.