P&b Running Club

Nice one! (I’m female btw) ;) 

I’m still taking it easy after injury but did a couple of mile efforts on Wed and they weren’t too painful so hopefully start getting my speed back once I get this Runuary nonsense out the way.

Nice one! (I’m female btw) [emoji6] 
I’m still taking it easy after injury but did a couple of mile efforts on Wed and they weren’t too painful so hopefully start getting my speed back once I get this Runuary nonsense out the way.

My apologies.

Well done Reina :)

Had to send my new Brooks back as they were killing my feet even though I only wore them around the house for a couple of hours. Running the following morning in my old trainers probably didn't help - ankle is still agony!

On 12/01/2018 at 12:23, Stu said:

Had to send my new Brooks back as they were killing my feet even though I only wore them around the house for a couple of hours. Running the following morning in my old trainers probably didn't help - ankle is still agony!

Ouch. Was that the Aduro's? The Ghost 8's are available for less than £60 just now on sportsshoes if you fancy sticking with what you know.

I'm now the proud owner of some Hoka Arahi shoes in addition to the Guide 10s I picked up through the week. My old shoes are relegated to trainer status at last, after way too many miles...

Day 13 of the January challenge conquered with my quickest parkrun in yonks. Plan's for an easy 10 miles tomorrow to build up the distance gradually ahead of London.

2 hours ago, morrison said:

Ouch. Was that the Aduro's? The Ghost 8's are available for less than £60 just now on sportsshoes if you fancy sticking with what you know.

I'm now the proud owner of some Hoka Arahi shoes in addition to the Guide 10s I picked up through the week. My old shoes are relegated to trainer status at last, after way too many miles...

Day 13 of the January challenge conquered with my quickest parkrun in yonks. Plan's for an easy 10 miles tomorrow to build up the distance gradually ahead of London.

Yeah, it was the Aduros. Material is completely different to the Ghosts which may be the reason I had problems. I found some Ghost 8s on eBay for just over £60 (the sportsshoes ones are the wrong size) so hopefully they'll be OK.

First run in almost 3 months on Friday! Have hardly exercised at all since I started my first placement so need to find a better balance this year.

Was tight for time and in my lega so just managed 3.5k to get myself back into things. See how I go from here

Instead of time, went for a traditional 5k. Took me just over 26 minutes, a far cry from my sub 23 9 months or so ago.

Worse still, trying out the Bluetooth earphones and they kept falling out, fucking hate them. Also ran my TomTom in demo mode so it didn't register my run. Fucking lousy day

Instead of time, went for a traditional 5k. Took me just over 26 minutes, a far cry from my sub 23 9 months or so ago.

Worse still, trying out the Bluetooth earphones and they kept falling out, fucking hate them. Also ran my TomTom in demo mode so it didn't register my run. Fucking lousy day

I use tape to hold my Bluetooth headphones in.

I got a pair of Taotronics cheap ish earphones and they do the job, first time I’ve ever really actively listened to music/podcasts while running and quite enjoying it. 

7 miles in the rain for me tonight, felt really good. Longest run I’ve done for a fair while as well. Takes me to 20 odd miles for the year which I’m happy with considering how the weathers been on the west coast. 

Would really love to visit the world's tallest bridge at Millau in France. And I've just found out there is a race over it ... looks like it's just over HM difference which is fine by me, although it is somewhat hilly as one would expect. Anyone here done it? Some folk are saying it's balloted, but on the other hand, it seems I can register nae bother. 

https://www.course-eiffage-viaducdemillau.org/race-pictures/

20 minutes ago, Reina said:

Wow, looks amazing! Don't fancy the climb up to the bridge much though!

You'd need a doc's certificate for a race in France. They're pretty strict about it I think.

Yeah saw that cheers. My sister is a doctor, although they might not like a family member signing it off. Yeah, the bridge is a bit of a steep one but at least it's at the start, and I'm sure the views are something else once you're up. And like the Kingston Bridge, it's the only time of year where you get to walk (well, run) over the bridge. 

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Would really love to visit the world's tallest bridge at Millau in France. And I've just found out there is a race over it ... looks like it's just over HM difference which is fine by me, although it is somewhat hilly as one would expect. Anyone here done it? Some folk are saying it's balloted, but on the other hand, it seems I can register nae bother. 

https://www.course-eiffage-viaducdemillau.org/race-pictures/

Have to add that one to the bucket list, looks incredible!